EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenvale vs Keilor

Greenvale players who did not play last Round of Season,
Jorgensen, Paxman, Randello, Obst, Laggozzino, Paiti..

Keilor players who did not play last Round of Season,
Fraser, Moloney, S.Marcy, Gluschenko

Who is Injured, Who was Rested, Who will Play???

Most Importantly who will WIN?:rolleyes:

Will the money continue to roll in with GA going?

If the Coach and his Dad's money are leaving the idealic surrounds of the Maribyrnong then i would think that there will be about 20 blokes looking for a game elsewhere in 09 as it will be $40 for the win and $30 for a loss without the Marbi benefactor bank rolling proceedings.....................

Silly Honey, and Prophylactic,

I have let you pair of flogs run away with the Crazy Talk as I found it to be quite entertaining, fact is I was hapily running around with APW on Saturday at Sewell Reserve ;) Oh thats right, there are two sides that have the eagles as their mascot :cool: Funny That

But seeing you have raised the CB thing, I seem to recall a few comments made about them finishing in the finals, yep a bit early and a bit wrong in the end. But please, it was nothing like, you two and Puff and all the other flogs from Clifton Park at the start of the year and after your flying start of five wins.

This guy is flying, that bloke is a gun, looks like we have turned the corner and so it went, all funny when you look back on it now !!!

Any one of you to floggets wanna answer my question on Rioli ?? I mean what is his role ?? If you are going to have a new coach next year what is going to happen ?? Surely the new coach wont be forced to have him on his staff ??

If Dean doesnt stay will be interesting to see if Christian stays, and in turn will be interesting to see how many of the recruits stay, past record would suggest when the pied piper moves on so does their band of loyal followers.
when
apw,gets,back,into,a,grade,u,may,speak

I have heard his name mentioned at Marby for a lazy 5k sign on and $800 of the best per game?

There was a time when those sort of numbers actually drew attention and comment. But these days I don't even bat an eye lid... They paid that to average players this year if reports are true so if he's any good they're probably paying unders at that price. ;)

Should they put up maybe two or three teams from B grade to A grade next year seeing as B grade has to many teams?
Nah will never happen as the gap would b too big between the top sides and bottom sides like it is in B Grade and they would rather have A Grade have a competitive league as that is the benchmark of the league

If the Coach and his Dad's money are leaving the idealic surrounds of the Maribyrnong then i would think that there will be about 20 blokes looking for a game elsewhere in 09 as it will be $40 for the win and $30 for a loss without the Marbi benefactor bank rolling proceedings.....................

Who was Marbys most dissapointing recruit of 2008, IMO then only one worth the $$$ that was splashed was Heath Ayres the rest were average at best, for what its worth my vote for biggest waste of $$$ goes to Buttigieg,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah will never happen as the gap would b too big between the top sides and bottom sides like it is in B Grade and they would rather have A Grade have a competitive league as that is the benchmark of the league

Are you suggesting A Grade is competitve???

Can talk up your club as much as you want when your in A grade muppet..... likedaringclasssaid.

What an idiotic call.
You can talk when your mob is playing AFL.

Using your logic any league under the top level is rubbish. If B grade EDFL is rubbish and 'who cares', then A grade EDFL is also. After all its just a shitty step down from VFL and AFL and has nothing on Div 1 EFL.

Get some perspective before you make ridicules, idiotic calls like that.

Who was Marbys most dissapointing recruit of 2008, IMO then only one worth the $$$ that was splashed was Heath Ayres the rest were average at best, for what its worth my vote for biggest waste of $$$ goes to Buttigieg,

Buttigieg missed 6 games as he went overseas and only played the last 2 when back, in his defence cant afford to have that long a time off and find form straight away.

Other recruits that were great , Laverde, Wincello till injuredalso he made the EDFL team, Bailey was great all year, Kinnear went alright considering he had 1 year off the year before and will be much better next year.

But Ayres he is a freak and wouldnt suprise if he wins the league best and fairest.

Good luck to Marby already recruiting for next year and as much as opposition clubs hate they will be a force in years to come and will give all you guys something to winge about!

Should they put up maybe two or three teams from B grade to A grade next year seeing as B grade has to many teams?

Not a bad idea but very unlikely because the EDFL has always viewed A-grade as a 10-team competition with 18 rounds and everyone plays each other twice. What is more likely is a C-grade with the bottom clubs of b-grade but not sure how soon that will come in.

Not a bad idea but very unlikely because the EDFL has always viewed A-grade as a 10-team competition with 18 rounds and everyone plays each other twice. What is more likely is a C-grade with the bottom clubs of b-grade but not sure how soon that will come in.

Thats not a bad Idea, They did it in juniors.

A Grade
Greenvale
Keilor
West Coburg
Strathmore
Maribynong Park
Avondale Heights
Aberfeldie
Craigieburn

B Grade
Doutta Stars
Oak Park
Taylors Lakes
Glenroy
Tullamarine
Airport West
Westmeadows
Hadfield

C Grade
Northern Saints
Keilor Park
Pacoe Vale
Roxburgh Park
East Keilor
Sydenham Hillside
Mooney Valley
Jacana

This would be more challanging for clubs with Relugations. But for teams like Jacana, it would benefit them playing in a lower grade, maybe winning some games.

A Grade
Greenvale
Keilor
West Coburg
Strathmore
Maribynong Park
Avondale Heights
Aberfeldie
Craigieburn

B Grade
Doutta Stars
Oak Park
Taylors Lakes
Glenroy
Tullamarine
Airport West
Westmeadows
Hadfield

C Grade
Northern Saints
Keilor Park
Pacoe Vale
Roxburgh Park
East Keilor
Sydenham Hillside
Mooney Valley
Jacana

This would be more challanging for clubs with Relugations. But for teams like Jacana, it would benefit them playing in a lower grade, maybe winning some games.

Jacana would be playing against the same clubs. So wouldn't you still expect them to lose every game?

Having said that not a bad idea. Gives clubs a chance to work their way up and taste success. Northern, Paco and the top few in C grade would win a flag and then really challenge for one in B grade.

Yeh,
lets clubs feel better winning more games
But i was also thinking of like
Assuming Taylors lakes Win Grandfinal

B Grade East
Oak Park
Glenroy
Hadfeild
Northern Saints
Pascoe Vale
Roxburgh Park
Jacana

B Grade West
Tullamarine
Airport West
Westmeadows
Keilor Park
East Keilor
Sydenham Hillside
Mooney Valley

Have 12 Rounds and depdning on ladder positions, then have cross overs. For exmaple 1st in East play 1st in West. And so on.

Jacana would be playing against the same clubs. So wouldn't you still expect them to lose every game?

Having said that not a bad idea. Gives clubs a chance to work their way up and taste success. Northern, Paco and the top few in C grade would win a flag and then really challenge for one in B grade.

I have played a few years in the VAFA who have A grade down to D4 and they send two teams up (the grand finalists) and two teams down from each grade at the end of each year. It means theres pretty much always something to play for and in the middle grades (or b for this EDFL erxample) you actually have 4 new teams each year, 2 coming back and two coming up.

It adds incentive to the lower grades and certainly works in the VAFA. Only problem is it doesnt address dominance of A grade (ie Greenvale) as there is still no where for them to go. Nor does it address a team like Jacana that still may find itself stuck at the bottom of C grade with no where any lower to go either!

But i think it helps for teams to have more to play for and i do like the idea of breaking EDFL into the 3 grades. There's still too great a discrepancy between top teams and bottom teams in each grade. Promotion and relegation at least keeps each grade with fresh teams and challenges each year!

A Grade
Greenvale
Keilor
West Coburg
Strathmore
Maribynong Park
Avondale Heights
Aberfeldie
Craigieburn

B Grade
Doutta Stars
Oak Park
Taylors Lakes
Glenroy
Tullamarine
Airport West
Westmeadows
Hadfield

C Grade
Northern Saints
Keilor Park
Pacoe Vale
Roxburgh Park
East Keilor
Sydenham Hillside
Mooney Valley
Jacana

Wouldn't think Douttas would be to happy with that :D

What an idiotic call.
You can talk when your mob is playing AFL.

Using your logic any league under the top level is rubbish. If B grade EDFL is rubbish and 'who cares', then A grade EDFL is also. After all its just a shitty step down from VFL and AFL and has nothing on Div 1 EFL.

Get some perspective before you make ridicules, idiotic calls like that.

Your a halfwit. This is an EDFL forum goon (not AFL, VFL, EFL), people get on here and talk about EDFL. That muppet just gets on here and has a crack at Abers when his side is'nt even good enough to play against us. Im not on here having a crack at VFL and AFL, just using a local footy forum for what its supposed to be used for "talking about local footy".

Eagle Two= Muppet 1
HardBallGet= Muppet 2

Your a halfwit. This is an EDFL forum goon (not AFL, VFL, EFL), people get on here and talk about EDFL. That muppet just gets on here and has a crack at Abers when his side is'nt even good enough to play against us. Im not on here having a crack at VFL and AFL, just using a local footy forum for what its supposed to be used for "talking about local footy".

Eagle Two= Muppet 1
HardBallGet= Muppet 2

I don't have a problem with you defending Abers however your argument is baseless. Saying the club is no good because they are a B grade club is saying the same thing of Abers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back