EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you seem to get your thrills getting stuck into Marby. Why is that?

And i really couldnt care less who you are. You think you know me do you? If you think you know me, pm me.

Poka, l wont tell anyone...it's safe with me.

No need to brown nose, if you get any deeper your head will end up there ass.

Time will tell.

As for being a lonely bloke, how did you know? :eek:

Let's go for a coffee and cake, then again l'm sure you have plenty of that already by the look of you. :cool:

It might be time to find out who the real EDFL Man is! :D

Coffee and cake - amazing comeback don't know if i'll recover from that one, says you anyway barge ass!

You've openly admitted numerous times who you are so why hide it now.

At the end of the day you're a nerd who gets on a computer and tries to hide behind various alias' when at the end of the day all you are is one sad individual.

Why don't you have a go at A Grade for once instead of potting all of those that have a crack at it, you're to scared probably!

SPONSORSHIP - MORAL OBLIGATIONS
Rumor has it that a Club in the EDFL A grade are considering taking LEGAL action through the Magistrates Court Small Claims tribunal to retrieve Sponsorship monies that were paid to a Highly decorated player pre season to transfer clubs.
Apparently the Sponsorship was paid after discussions with the Player and his Management Representative on the basis no contract existed and the player was not wanted by the club and certainly the coach.
Due to a change of coach the player decided to return to his original club and suddenly remembered that he had signed a contract 08.
Understand the club have been very patient and the player in question has broken many promises to repay the sponsorship monies which were paid in good faith.
Disappointing state of affairs and ALL clubs should be wary that NOT all players morally do the right thing.
My sources tell me the club are only taking the action as a last resort as the player concerned and his advisor's obviously could not careless about honoring moral obligations.

SPONSORSHIP - MORAL OBLIGATIONS
Rumor has it that a Club in the EDFL A grade are considering taking LEGAL action through the Magistrates Court Small Claims tribunal to retrieve Sponsorship monies that were paid to a Highly decorated player pre season to transfer clubs.
Apparently the Sponsorship was paid after discussions with the Player and his Management Representative on the basis no contract existed and the player was not wanted by the club and certainly the coach.
Due to a change of coach the player decided to return to his original club and suddenly remembered that he had signed a contract 08.
Understand the club have been very patient and the player in question has broken many promises to repay the sponsorship monies which were paid in good faith.
Disappointing state of affairs and ALL clubs should be wary that NOT all players morally do the right thing.
My sources tell me the club are only taking the action as a last resort as the player concerned and his advisor's obviously could not careless about honoring moral obligations.

This is obviously in relation to the Maribyrnong Park and West Coburg issue during pre season.

Now what is stopping players in the future receiving a large sign on fee and going back to there original club just prior to the season starting.

How has there been no punishment or at least have repay the sign on fee?

How can the EDFL committee let this happen?

This would be unheard of in other competitions.

If the above is true just more evidence that money is ruining local footy.

There is no way the EDFL need to get involved
If a club is prepared to use incentives such as "huge" sign on fees to
lure players to sign then surely they are responsible to do due diligence
and ensure that the player they are about to make the investment in is
of the moral fibre that they would honor their contract
Not that I agree with what has transpired
but As said above,.. another example of the dollars being thrown at players for short term rewards
that is killing the comp
think abt it we A grade clubs spend upward of $70K a yr on player payments
and are run by volunteers on money largely donated by sponsors or
raised by social functions and memberships
Yet most clubs play on ovals that currently you wouldn't walk your dog on
for fear of snapping a leg with outdated facilities that most away rooms
do not have hot water
yet can feel the need to fork out $200 or $300 to players that are ordinary at best and
don't commit anymore back than needed and move on for $50 more the year after
You want to update the competition.. then get more professional off the field....
Introduce tighter controls and education on clubs financial positions -
Introduce compulsory minimum standards for facilities / grounds ,
Invest in programs clubs can participate in, to build their junior pathways for the long-term
Invest in a venue to play "showcase games"
Encourage clubs to update lights for night / twilight games
Support clubs in endeavor's to operate professionally
( yes I know they are council owned - but clubs can contribute to costs in return for long term leases)

this comps not getting stronger, its going through a strong period ..... there is a difference the WRFL went through it in the mid/ late 90's
the BFL before that
the top end players are better than before yes .. but I think the depth has dropped

but As said above,.. another example of the dollars being thrown at players for short term rewards
that is killing the comp
do not have hot water
yet can feel the need to fork out $200 or $300 to players that are ordinary at best and
You want to update the competition.. then get more professional off the field....
Invest in programs clubs can participate in, to build their junior pathways for the long-term
( yes I know they are council owned - but clubs can contribute to costs in return for long term leases)

this comps not getting stronger, its going through a strong period ..... there is a difference the WRFL went through it in the mid/ late 90's
the BFL before that
the top end players are better than before yes .. but I think the depth has dropped

Good sentinments Super.
Who would drive these initiatives? The association? The clubs via their presidents?
Does the association have a significant surplus of funds to contribute to some of these programs?
Does the assoc. have enough pull with the local council/s to fast track grants/facility upgrades?
Salary cap? Is it even worthwhile considering? is it workable?

Good sentinments Super.
Who would drive these initiatives? The association? The clubs via their presidents?
Does the association have a significant surplus of funds to contribute to some of these programs?
Does the assoc. have enough pull with the local council/s to fast track grants/facility upgrades?
Salary cap? Is it even worthwhile considering? is it workable?

As long as the on field success of the senior team is the one and only goal of clubs then there is no way to control the cash being thrown at players. It is up to the clubs to have a look at their morals and ethics and ask themselves what we are here for. Is EDFL football about providing football opportunities for kids and locals in our communities or is it about how many A grade flags we win??? A salary cap in the edfl is uncontrollable as most payments are made in cash and under the table. Things have gone too far now to ever expect to be able to get back to loyalty and playing for a jumper.
As far as the Marby & West Coburg pre season sign on payment....How stupid to pay that sort of money out before a clearance is signed or a game played...As the old saying goes "fools and their money are easily parted"

When he plays for Abers he could get one former Nth Melbourne player and one former Saints player...guaranteed. Both would be awesome EDFL players.

Are you blokes for real or what !!!!

Have you not learnt your lesson from this year, isn't a bit early to be talking up your high profile recruits and chances for 2009 ??

Given the may you were March Champions only to be the most under performed side in A grade, I would be sitting back saying nothing and taking it onto the park next year.

Dont get carried away with Gaysy's and Deans grand recruitment plans, when they were at Keilor Park, they had every player from the NTFL, SANFL, WRFL (Big Patty) and a host of other leagues all "signed up" Most didn't even train let alone sign up

If they are on the park in Round 1 2009 then get excited

Until then pipe down you flogs !!!:)

Have you not learnt your lesson from this year, isn't a bit early to be talking up your high profile recruits and chances for 2009 ??

Given the may you were March Champions only to be the most under performed side in A grade, I would be sitting back saying nothing and taking it onto the park next year.

Dont get carried away with Gaysy's and Deans grand recruitment plans, when they were at Keilor Park, they had every player from the NTFL, SANFL, WRFL (Big Patty) and a host of other leagues all "signed up" Most didn't even train let alone sign up

I dont think De Pasquale will come back, but he is an abers boy so he is nothing like the other blokes you are talking about. I know the bloke and he is loyal unlike most of the other mercenaries that run around the EDFL. Better get used to the speculation mate, we have a whole pre-season ahead of us. And it was a marby boy who started the rumour. So pipe down you flog!!

If abers win this week and go ahead of crazy, does that make you the most underperformed side in the EDFL??

This is obviously in relation to the Maribyrnong Park and West Coburg issue during pre season.

Now what is stopping players in the future receiving a large sign on fee and going back to there original club just prior to the season starting.

How has there been no punishment or at least have repay the sign on fee?

How can the EDFL committee let this happen?

This would be unheard of in other competitions.

Interesting call that one, I believe the NRL just lost there most high profile player in a similar incident of not honouring a contract. Also, lets not beat around the bush we all know it was the gun player who plays in the centre for West Coburg and we all know that it was 6,000 big ones and we all know he spent it...hope this isnt used against me in a court of law.

Any club that throws that much money deserves this sort of thing to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting call that one, I believe the NRL just lost there most high profile player in a similar incident of not honouring a contract. Also, lets not beat around the bush we all know it was the gun player who plays in the centre for West Coburg and we all know that it was 6,000 big ones and we all know he spent it...hope this isnt used against me in a court of law.

Any club that throws that much money deserves this sort of thing to happen.

Not sure of the big biscuits you are talking about but i understand the club are disappointed and offer the comments to make other clubs aware of what can happen if the player and his Manager are not being fairdinkum.
My sources tell me that his Manager approached the club initially and in fact he signed a contract and clearance form which was submitted to the EDFL before he suddenly remembered that he had signed a contract with his old club last year.
Also understand his team mate who decided to return at least did the right thing and paid back his sponsorship without hesitation

The big question is will the Abers hierachy put up with another season like 2009 with Rioli at the helm given his past results. 6 wins out of 35 games isn't a great record in his edfl career.

You'd expect a thorough review at year's end before making any decisions. Rioli is very knowledgable; but there must be doubt on his future in 2009??

Could be some fall out also at Aberfeldie out years end...

Already some coaching changes for next season.

Snake Kinniburgh has retired from coaching so Abers are in the hunt for a new coach.

Matty Pierce (Williamstown VFL) has just taken on the playing coaching role at Avondale Heights for season 2009.

Already some coaching changes for next season.

Snake Kinniburgh has retired from coaching so Abers are in the hunt for a new coach.

Matty Pierce (Williamstown VFL) has just taken on the playing coaching role at Avondale Heights for season 2009.

Yeh heard he retired, great bloke and a great representative of the club and from what i heard he'll be around the place next year which is great news.

In regard to the so called fall out at abers, have not heard much about that at all, although i have heard that there is a massive chance of a very good midfielder coming on board. No doubt Abers want to start climbing the ladder and push for finals but they'll come back bigger and better next year...not all clubs have Sugar daddys feeding us funds though.

Also, heard a rumour too that the 'Silver Bullet' big El Presidento Johnny Larkins is considering selling his Audi, cos he can't drive it anymore due to demerit points, to raise some funds for the club.

I think that is a very good comment.

Rioli is proof that your past record, profile or name does not bring success. Interesting that when Christian and Dean left KP they blamed the committee the club not being behind them everything but their in ability to develop a young side and attract key recruits.

Same seems to be the case at abers, injuries have been rolled out, but clearly they have just not been able to get them up and about in line with the big talk and hype of their profile.

I have to ask, what is the role of Rioli anyway ?? if the senior coach has gone, why should he stay ?? if he was assistant isnt he attached to the last coach and therefore not assured to stay anyway ??

What if the incoming coach does not want Dean and Christian as "assistants" ?? will he be forced to use them ??

Could be an interesting summer at the picket fence !!

Abers - HAVE - DO - and ALWAYS WILL suffer from Premature Ejaculation.
One A Grade flag in over 50 years (1974)
Looks like their hand is on it again.

All you hear from you Abers supporters is excuses, excuses all the time and always next year blah blah blah!!

Why dont you just admit that you are just not good enough and under achievers year in year out.

that is killing the comp
do not have hot water

the BFL before that

Hence why all clubs in the EDFL need to get behind the introduction of the points system, but rumor has it that the bigger clubs have done a turn around and decided to vote against it next month - the EDFL need to gently learn on these clubs to push it through or we are going to see a lot of the smaller clubs fold and only a couple of teams in the elite comp playing against themselves.......

Hence why all clubs in the EDFL need to get behind the introduction of the points system, but rumor has it that the bigger clubs have done a turn around and decided to vote against it next month - the EDFL need to gently learn on these clubs to push it through or we are going to see a lot of the smaller clubs fold and only a couple of teams in the elite comp playing against themselves.......

What would be the point of the points system, all it would do is make anydecent player considering playing in the edfl go and play in the Eastern or northern leagues. Unless it was brought in as a rule by football Victoria then it is totally pointless.

Results

Strathmore by 4 pts
Wests by 26 pts
Abers by 9 pts
Jets by 63 pts
Marbi by 125 pts

Next week

Jets v Blues
Wests v Mores

The rest of us can go get ******* for a few days!

See ya Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back