EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

went to game today as mutual observer and came away thinking mcguane is a genius.for mine greenvale had more ability but keilor had more courage,discipline and fitness.micks 3qtr time speech was sensational and im sure the more deserving side won.umpires good ground good atmosphere i thought was lacking any thoughts?

Agree on the atmosphere, for the size of the crowd it was at times very flat. That aside, Keilor were outstanding, one of the most disciplined team efforts one could ask for.Then again that is the hallmark of Mcguane's coaching ,what he lacked in cattle he made up for with commitment and leadership. Must be a very satisfying victory for all involved.

Agree on the atmosphere, for the size of the crowd it was at times very flat. That aside, Keilor were outstanding, one of the most disciplined team efforts one could ask for.Then again that is the hallmark of Mcguane's coaching ,what he lacked in cattle he made up for with commitment and leadership. Must be a very satisfying victory for all involved.

i thought the cattle weren't to bad greenvale looked to top heavy both sides wouldnt have a problem beating the colts or spotty and would do it easy

i thought the cattle weren't to bad greenvale looked to top heavy both sides wouldnt have a problem beating the colts or spotty and would do it easy

Spotty would certainly hold there own against Keilor as would Colts, I dont think people really have an idea as to how good a side those 2 are. Greenvale IMO are still the bench mark and yesterdays result probably isnt a true reflection as to which is side is superior, in saying that all you can do give credit to Keilor for winning when it counts.

Like I said in the past, anything possible on Grand Final day.

Unbelievable Victory by Keilor on the weekend... Well Drilled, Well Coached & with 21 hungry men ready to compete.... Anything is possible...

Greenvale took in a number of underdone players and paid the ultimate price...

If I remember correctly a number of people on this site had Keilor in the relegation battle in 2008..:confused: What a turnaround !!!!

Hey Micky, send ya resume to The Lexus Centre asap.
Spot on, i saw what this man did with the Gisborne FC (3 grand finals, 2 flags in 3 years) and i think he took Burnie FC to at least a couple of flags before that. There is no doubt he should be at a league club, at least as an assistant.

Will Greenvale increase their budget even further after yesterday's loss?

Whispers around the traps are both Johnsons and Mal Michael already in talks for 09.

These are whispers!

Let the Silly Season begin!

unbelievable victory by keilor on the weekend... Well drilled, well coached & with 21 hungry men ready to compete.... Anything is possible...

If i remember correctly a number of people on this site had keilor in the relegation battle in 2008..:confused: What a turnaround !!!!

well done keilor ,congrats to all the club ,except for the show pony president

Unbelievable Victory by Keilor on the weekend... Well Drilled, Well Coached & with 21 hungry men ready to compete.... Anything is possible...

If I remember correctly a number of people on this site had Keilor in the relegation battle in 2008..:confused: What a turnaround !!!!

Great Win by the boys from Keilor Football Club, it just goes to prove Money is not everything in Local Football, a group of Committed and Hungry players showed that..:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Keilor, blue bhoy and TC26

You were the better team on the day and deserving winners

i Agree mate , never been to a EDFL granny before and i was quite suprised of the standard , keilor were deserved winners , i cant believe Greenvale recruits this big monster that cant even kick or mark , they were hopeless , great to see the keilor back man run down the ground and make them chase , funny shit ( i swear they had skirts on the greenvale players their shorts weren't the same has the other normal size players ) but credit wheres it due to the EDFL for hosting a good final and the best team winning on its day

Spot on, i saw what this man did with the Gisborne FC (3 grand finals, 2 flags in 3 years) and i think he took Burnie FC to at least a couple of flags before that. There is no doubt he should be at a league club, at least as an assistant.

he has been at an afl club. was grant thomas' assistant at st kilda. he lasted 1 year. maybe there were no TAB's near Moorabbin?? his "off field" habits might prevent him from being able to fully reach his potential as a coach. if he coaches at an AFL club he's not allowed to punt on AFL...so why would he take an AFL job again??

he has been at an afl club. was grant thomas' assistant at st kilda. he lasted 1 year. maybe there were no TAB's near Moorabbin?? his "off field" habits might prevent him from being able to fully reach his potential as a coach. if he coaches at an AFL club he's not allowed to punt on AFL...so why would he take an AFL job again??

how much would he had got to coach keiolr

Well well well 'Missing Finals'. Your pre-season comments and predictions about the Keilor Football Club have clearly come back to haunt you!

What a tremendous victory against the odds. Nobody thought we could do it, except of course, Supercoach Mighty Mick McGuane.

We recruited the right people to the club who more than adequately replaced those who decided to leave. 21 blokes who would die for each other.

Just thought I would touch base with you and your mate 'Innanunder' to see if you have anything to say?

On another note, commiserations to Greenvale who had a brilliant season. No doubt they will be back more determined next year.

Can anyone confirm that Glenroy have requested to stay in B grade? Will this give Oak Park a repreive if it is the case?

Don't believe everything you hear, Glenroy will be playing in A Grade with the hopes and best wishes I expect from every B Grade Club to stay up as a competitive unit.

http://edflfooty.proboards74.com/index.cgi?board=bgradetalk&action=display&thread=47&page=3

gday everyone, thank you for all your concern about the Glenroy footy club, will try answer as many questions as i can.

The B Grade Premiers Glenroy F.C will be mixing it with the best in A Grade next year and that's fact. We didn't spend money to win this years flag, 4 new players played this year from last, 2 have been friends with everyone at the club since nearly before high school and 2 weren't. can see where all that money comes from.
The club has a brand new set of club rooms about to start being built which will sap a lot of there funds that they worked hard to raise, and with what happened to them 11 years ago when they went to A grade, rumors were going around that we might stay down till after the rooms were built.
As i have said, this will not be the case.

We are under no illusions the task of staying up will be, but the club and everyone involved will do what we can to try and do it. I'm sure we wont have many people outside the club think we can, but then again no one at all gave us a chance of winning the flag this year and history will tell you that all the knockers, were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back