EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a rumour that Paxman has done his knee
Not a rumour, fact. On the EDFL footy show on 98.9FM this morning, caught the tail end of a discussion between KD and Ron Rooney. Got the impression that it was all over for Paxman.

If true, sad to see anybody go that way, but Paxman in particular. Has been great for Greenvale and the EDFL, perfect gentleman and great role model.

Not a rumour, fact. On the EDFL footy show on 98.9FM this morning, caught the tail end of a discussion between KD and Ron Rooney. Got the impression that it was all over for Paxman.

If true, sad to see anybody go that way, but Paxman in particular. Has been great for Greenvale and the EDFL, perfect gentleman and great role model.

Well Said mate. He's having his knee reco this Thursday. It was probably going to be his last year and if that was his last game it was a cruel twist of fate to end it like that in the pouring rain in Rd 1.

He has been an inspirational captain for 3 and a bit years and it has left everyone at the club really down. Great to see him in the coaches box today though it gave everybody a lift. He was not only great for our club but for the EDFL in general. He played the game as it should be played and provided many memorable highlights and is one of the guys that has raised the level of the EDFL to the mighty comp it is now regarded as. I think what still amazes people is the way he and his family embraced the club and gave countless hours of extra service. He single handedly ran the boys into the ground this pre-season as he was personally desperate to end Straty's reign. You would be hard pressed to find a more grounded, fearless, guy who genuinely leads from the front, by example, and is a role model to not only the young guys but also guys that have played truckloads of VFL footy.

Well Done Packo!

Carnt believe Douttas got beat!!!Hmm obviously arent as good as last year :( and good to see the Burgers off to a good start as they have had a history of coming up to A-Grade and then going straight back down,well the way they are going they could be one of the teams be pushing for top 4 :D Well that all certainly makes for an interesting season and perhaps not the predictable one most thought.
And good to hear the two blues got beaten again :D MWhahahahahahahahahah MWHAHAhahahahahahahaha

WAXY

Waxy you are in every sense of the word a knob head who has no life and supports EDFL like its the only true football going around.. its local footy so how bout you stop making it your life and actually do something useful on a sat arvo.
Your life is going no where fast so maybe stop bagging sides on here and get back to the little hole you come from creep...

Abers had there pants pulled down by Craigieburn yesterday. They were embarrasing to watch in the 1st quater absolutely soft, The Eagles came out hard and Abers did not like it at all and that set the seen for the day with Abers always playing catch up footy.
Good signs for the Eagles disciplined, tough and prepared to run Langbourne has them firing.
Abers worries no Ruckman onballers easily sucked in and 5 or 6 very soft players. Does anybody know why Mkee doesnt play in the ruck almost useless at full forward?

douttas just thought it was going to happen yesterday and it didn't, if your not on your game you will get beat as the comp has evened up this year.

I see KP Smashed again ???

Suppose it was the rain again:p

Or are we just going to face up to it, they are not going to be best of the rest.

Clearly trying to import more than 60% of the side does not work, unless your marby and you have heaps of cash like Marby

Have heard there is problems already up there, Rioli is apparently brilliant, but he is working with a mob thrown together, rather than grown up together, and that is tough ar best.

My tip is they will battle out the spoon with OP

Waxy you are in every sense of the word a knob head who has no life and supports EDFL like its the only true football going around.. its local footy so how bout you stop making it your life and actually do something useful on a sat arvo.
Your life is going no where fast so maybe stop bagging sides on here and get back to the little hole you come from creep...

Thank you sir for i havent heard the word creep since watching Happy Days and im sure on other forums say if a Collingwood member spruiked about say the bombers or blues losing he would be a knob head/creep aswell.

Mate,buddy,champ like the AFL and every other footy comp there are teams that some people dont like and expressing that is fine in my opinion as long as you dont cross the line and Mwhahahaha doesnt do that and as you quoted if you think that is bagging a a side and harsh then your a very precious person,but on the other hand your last sentence does and its not required as im am unemployed and big footy is my only friend at the moment,and i dont have anything better to do on a saturday arvo except post on here and eat KFC :D

WAXY

RESULTS

A GRADE
WEST COBURG def Douttas by 32 points
CRAGIEBURN def Aberfeldie by 7 goals
GREENVALE def Oak Park by 69 points
KEILOR def K.Park by 75 points
STRATHMORE def A.Heights by 83 points

B GRADE
AIRPORT WEST def Glenroy by 7 Goals
TULLAMARINE def Syd.Hillside by 159 points
MARBY PARK def Jacana by 149 points
PASCOE VALE def Hadfield by 53 points
ROXY PARK def M.V by 74 points
WESTMEADOWS def E.Keilor by 34 points
TAYLORS LAKES def Nth Cob. by 11 Goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Said mate. He's having his knee reco this Thursday. It was probably going to be his last year and if that was his last game it was a cruel twist of fate to end it like that in the pouring rain in Rd 1.

He has been an inspirational captain for 3 and a bit years and it has left everyone at the club really down. Great to see him in the coaches box today though it gave everybody a lift. He was not only great for our club but for the EDFL in general. He played the game as it should be played and provided many memorable highlights and is one of the guys that has raised the level of the EDFL to the mighty comp it is now regarded as. I think what still amazes people is the way he and his family embraced the club and gave countless hours of extra service. He single handedly ran the boys into the ground this pre-season as he was personally desperate to end Straty's reign. You would be hard pressed to find a more grounded, fearless, guy who genuinely leads from the front, by example, and is a role model to not only the young guys but also guys that have played truckloads of VFL footy.

Well Done Packo!

I have a tear in my eye, I watch the match against Oak Park and they did seem to miss his leadership and forward pressure in the first half, looked very top heavy with Chris Smith and some massive bloke playing full forward. Smith was passable the other guy would have been lucky to have 1 possesion for the match and just seemed to get in the way a fair bit and by the second half players were refusing to kick it to him. Without Paxman, Budge and Bicer who will only be 1/2 fit on his return Greenvale seemed to lack a little bit of the class that they have had in the past and will be interesting up against a stronger opposition. Oak Park where great at bottling it up in the first half but spent all there energy and were just over run.

Abers had there pants pulled down by Craigieburn yesterday. They were embarrasing to watch in the 1st quater absolutely soft, The Eagles came out hard and Abers did not like it at all and that set the seen for the day with Abers always playing catch up footy.
Good signs for the Eagles disciplined, tough and prepared to run Langbourne has them firing.
Abers worries no Ruckman onballers easily sucked in and 5 or 6 very soft players. Does anybody know why Mkee doesnt play in the ruck almost useless at full forward?

What happened to Dave Farerelly I rated him on e of the best ruckmen in the comp a few years back.

obviously an Abers man...only an abers poon would use such a harsh word as creep!!
looks like another long season full of disappointment!!
oh well, at least you can spruik about being the biggest underachieving club in the history of the edfl!!

I have a tear in my eye, I watch the match against Oak Park and they did seem to miss his leadership and forward pressure in the first half, looked very top heavy with Chris Smith and some massive bloke playing full forward. Smith was passable the other guy would have been lucky to have 1 possesion for the match and just seemed to get in the way a fair bit and by the second half players were refusing to kick it to him. Without Paxman, Budge and Bicer who will only be 1/2 fit on his return Greenvale seemed to lack a little bit of the class that they have had in the past and will be interesting up against a stronger opposition. Oak Park where great at bottling it up in the first half but spent all there energy and were just over run.

As a supporter of Strathmore, I would like to add my sympathy for Paxman. A fine player and gentleman doesn't deserve an end to a fine career such as this. We heckle him somewhat but only the good ones get heckled!

To the young fella from jacana u/18's who decided to throw a headbutt with his side 25 gls up in the last qtr, that sparked a massive brawl, wake up to yourself mate. your actions didnt do yourself or your club any favours.

congrats to the umpire, who did the right thing by calling the game off straight away. he held his cool, even though he would have been no more than 17 or 18 years old.

marby 1's looked good in the 1st half, but it became pretty boring in the 2nd half with them already up by 17 gls at 1/2 time.

Roxburgh Park vs Sydenham Hillside this saturday@ roxy has been changed to a twilight game! u/18's start at 12pm, reseves start at 2.30 and seniors kick off at 5pm.

has this ever been done in edfl before?

also saw that hosken res( nth coburg ), shore res ( west coburg ) and jp fawkner res ( oak park ) are all out of action. west and nth coburg are playing either at de chene res and city oval in coburg, and oak park will be playing home games at 4 diff venues this yr. bit of overkill? what do you think?

To the young fella from jacana u/18's who decided to throw a headbutt with his side 25 gls up in the last qtr, that sparked a massive brawl, wake up to yourself mate. your actions didnt do yourself or your club any favours.

congrats to the umpire, who did the right thing by calling the game off straight away. he held his cool, even though he would have been no more than 17 or 18 years old.

marby 1's looked good in the 1st half, but it became pretty boring in the 2nd half with them already up by 17 gls at 1/2 time.
if hes from jacana do u think hes gonna have a computer buddy ?

Did Phil Bramely line up for Marby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back