EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Crikey you've gone hard!! I'm not sure anyone on here (including myself) would have thought Pacco would have made a Pre Lim final this season. Are you forgetting that Strathmore have not made a GF since 2014? Building lists takes time, especially when Pacco haven't had a strong junior base like 'the big 3'.

In other news I'm hearing Luke Jarrod has a hamstring injury, hardly played the 2nd half on Saturday.
Given their rumoured outlay and that they've been a finalist in recent years, that they've been unable to go on with it would have to be a concern - particularly as old foes in Abers, Strathmore, Keilor, Greenvale, and Marby aren't as active in recruiting so they really should be closing the gap.

Given their rumoured outlay and that they've been a finalist in recent years, that they've been unable to go on with it would have to be a concern - particularly as old foes in Abers, Strathmore, Keilor, Greenvale, and Marby aren't as active in recruiting so they really should be closing the gap.
Mate Keilor recruit hard and let’s not forget Abers with Marcon & Meese to name 2. Would be close to the highest players in EDFL. What do you think a captain coach like Marcon would be on?? Big Meese close to the best local player currently playing.
Oh and Strathmore pay huge coin as well.

I do agree Marby going with there youth but guessing Greenvale also holding on to a few with decent coin.

Just saying!!

Mate Keilor recruit hard and let’s not forget Abers with Marcon & Meese to name 2. Would be close to the highest players in EDFL. What do you think a captain coach like Marcon would be on?? Big Meese close to the best local player currently playing.

I do agree Marby going with there youth but guessing Greenvale also holding on to a few with decent coin.

Just saying!!
Do you have any proof that most of the club's you mention are spending big coin. It is easy to throw accusations when you're coment is on a forum. Just saying.

Do you have any proof that most of the club's you mention are spending big coin. It is easy to throw accusations when you're coment is on a forum. Just saying.
Oh FFS at least admit it mate. I noticed Pacco playing a few kids in the finals and that Abers are promoting younger players. Didn’t see many in Keilors side or Strathmore that were under 19-20.
Anyway I’ve always said if you can afford to pay then why shouldn’t you. It’s the clubs who know best. It’s when clubs promise and can’t pay or pay overs just to pinch players from other clubs..

Im not continuing with this conversation but $$ have dried up somewhat..

Oh FFS at least admit it mate. I noticed Pacco playing a few kids in the finals and that Abers are promoting younger players. Didn’t see many in Keilors side or Strathmore that were under 19-20.
Anyway I’ve always said if you can afford to pay then why shouldn’t you. It’s the clubs who know best. It’s when clubs promise and can’t pay or pay overs just to pinch players from other clubs..

Im not continuing with this conversation but $$ have dried up somewhat..

Just had a quick look at Strathmore Seniors

38 players used this year (Foulds retired mid-year)

6 of the 38 are are U18s

19 of the 38 are 21yo or under

But keep going...

Strathmore have plenty of 21 and under playing. With the seniors, reserves and U18’s playing in the grand final and the seniors playing on 23 points l think the club can be pretty happy with the direction they’re heading
Yes mate, totally agree. Turbo seems to have acquired a particularly bad (even for him) case of verbal diarrhoea today. He is in habit of making wild, unsubstantiated assertions, can't back them up, then deflects or runs a mile when challenged. You just wish he would engage his brain, and do some fact checking before hitting the keyboard. I would lay odds that Strathmore had far more ex juniors playing on Saturday than Pascoe Vale. I would also lay odds their player payments would have been less than Pascoe Vale's, no matter what Turbo claims.

I had a quick look at the respective playing lists for both teams on the EDFL website, and then had a look at the playing profile history of each player. It clearly demonstrated that Strathmore's team was made up almost exclusively of players who had come up through their junior teams, with a very few who were recruited from outside. On the other hand, a perusal of the playing profile of Pascoe Vale's playing list showed the complete opposite. Whilst there were some players who had obviously come up through their juniors, there was a high percentage who had only started playing for Pacco in the last 2 seasons.

On Saturday the Mores played with 23 player points. They had 1 player who was a 2 pointer. The other 21 players were all 1 pointers. Say no more! Pascoe Vale on the other hand played with 36 points. They had a liberal sprinkling of 3 and 4 point players on their playing list. This is not a knock on Pascoe Vale either. You recruit as you see fit from outside in your attempt to win a premiership. However I just couldn't let Turbo's crap go unchallenged without setting the record straight.

Last edited:
Yes mate, totally agree. Turbo seems to have acquired a particularly bad (even for him) case of verbal diarrhoea today. He is in habit of making wild, unsubstantiated assertions, can't back them up, then deflects or runs a mile when challenged. You just wish he would engage his brain, and do some fact checking before hitting the keyboard. I would lay odds that Strathmore had far more ex juniors playing on Saturday than Pascoe Vale. I would also lay odds their player payments would have been less than Pascoe Vale's, no matter what Turbo claims.

I had a quick look at the respective playing lists for both teams on the EDFL website, and then had a look at the playing profile history of each player. It clearly demonstrated that Strathmore's team was made up almost exclusively of players who had come up through their junior teams, with a very few who were recruited from outside. On the other hand, a perusal of the playing profile of Pascoe Vale's playing list showed the complete opposite. Whilst there were some players who had obviously come up through their juniors, there was a high percentage who had only started playing for Pacco in the last 2 seasons.

On Saturday the Mores played with 23 player points. They had 1 player who was a 2 pointer. The other 21 players were all 1 pointers. Say no more! Pascoe Vale on the other hand played with 36 points. They had a liberal sprinkling of 3 and 4 point players on their playing list. This is not a knock on Pascoe Vale either. You recruit as you see fit from outside in your attempt to win a premiership. However I just couldn't let Turbo's crap go unchallenged without setting the record straight.
I didn’t mention juniors from the club I said how many played on Saturday under the age of 20.

Just saying!!
I'm not forgetting that at all, as I've noted however, those clubs would have scaled back their recruiting and by extension expenditure, contrasted with years gone by & are largely leaning on their internal pathways.
Pacco, it seems generally recruit as much as any club (aside from EK) & at some point there needs to be some form of ROI, surely?

I didn’t mention juniors from the club I said how many played on Saturday under the age of 20.
In your response to BlueJet you said “Oh and Strathmore pay huge coin as well”. Given that just about everyone on Strathmore’s playing list came up through the juniors, who are all these players on huge coin?

Oh, and I think Star more than adequately answered your quip about the lack of youth in Strathmore’s seniors. 19 of the 38 players used in seniors this year are 21 and under, and 6 of the 38 are under 18.5's. Perhaps you could inform us of Pacco’s stats in that respect.

Anyway, I thought you weren’t going to continue with this conversation.

Last edited:
In your response to BlueJet you said “Oh and Strathmore pay huge coin as well”. Given that just about everyone on Strathmore’s playing list came up through the juniors, who are all these players on huge coin?

Oh, and I think Star more than adequately answered your quip about the lack of youth in Strathmore’s seniors. 19 of the 38 players used in seniors this year are 21 and under. Perhaps you could inform us of Pacco’s stats in that respect.

Anyway, I thought you weren’t going to continue with this conversation.
I responded to your uneducated answer. So was it one player under 20 in last weeks senior team.
You should know even if they are from your junior program they will be getting decent $$. Wake up and smell the roses Stax.. I know of big offers made by Strathmore over recent years that blow others out the park.

Anyway I was just answering a question initially. You love stirring the pot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can twist and squirm all you like Turbo, but you've got zero credibility on this issue. It's been more than adequately demonstrated, most notably by Star, that far from not playing youth, the Mores actively promote their young players. You need to stop making stuff up. You still haven't given me a breakdown on Pacco's playing list profile though.

You did make me chuckle though with your line "You love stirring the pot". Absolute classic. Oh, the irony!

Last edited:
You can twist and squirm all you like Turbo, but you've got zero credibility on this issue. It's been more than adequately demonstrated, most notably by Star, that far from not playing youth, the Mores actively promote their young players. You need to stop making stuff up. You still haven't given me a breakdown on Pacco's playing list profile though.

You did make me chuckle though with your line "You love stirring the pot". Absolute classic. Oh, the irony!
I don’t need to go through there playing list over the year as that wasn’t the discussion. It was raised purely to deflect which you don’t understand. Maybe go and read my original first reply!

I don’t need to go through there playing list over the year as that wasn’t the discussion. It was raised purely to deflect which you don’t understand. Maybe go and read my original first reply!
The whole thrust of your post was that Strathmore aren’t playing young blokes. They clearly are. You’re the one deflecting and trying to seize on irrelevancies.

Girls girls girls settle down. If u don’t think the big 4 clubs in prem are paying a mint then your dreaming and delusional…. Anyway who cares.

Starthmore by 2 goals, Jury BOG.

Are there any known injuries for both teams ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nobody is arguing that those clubs are paying good money.

Step 1: read.
Step 2: understand.
Step 3: respond.

It's not that hard, surely?

Anyway: Strathmore by 8pts, O'Brien BOG.

Girls girls girls settle down. If u don’t think the big 4 clubs in prem are paying a mint then your dreaming and delusional…. Anyway who cares.

Starthmore by 2 goals, Jury BOG.

Are there any known injuries for both teams ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bollinghaus has a broken collarbone. Is 50/50 to play.
Remiers, foster and Davis should be fit for selection for Abers.

Bollinghaus has a broken collarbone. Is 50/50 to play.
Remiers, foster and Davis should be fit for selection for Abers.
Davis wont play (I'd be very surprised if he does anyway) as he had surgery on a busted face only 2 weeks ago. Foster may play, but again had surgery on a busted finger and Reimers was sick for the SF 2 weeks ago.

Abbers by 18 pts.
Carboni BOG

Recen
I responded to your uneducated answer. So was it one player under 20 in last weeks senior team.
You should know even if they are from your junior program they will be getting decent $$. Wake up and smell the roses Stax.. I know of big offers made by Strathmore over recent years that blow others out the park.

Recent years - offers that have blown others out of the park?
2020 - No football
2021 - 12 games
2022 - current season

Thats 3 seasons id call that recent - who have Strathmore recruited in this period ?

Comments earlier said Strathmore played on 23 points. You cant play on 23 points with offers to players that have blown others out the park.

So i am confused with your commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back