EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone prediction for the 2022 Flag? Abers favourites but could Mick pull one out of his clacker? Mores seem to be on everyone's lips and peaking at the right time. Could Pacco get the monkey off the back as perennial failures come September.. If things go their way EK could do some damage if they fall into 4th....

What's everyone prediction for the 2022 Flag? Abers favourites but could Mick pull one out of his clacker? Mores seem to be on everyone's lips and peaking at the right time. Could Pacco get the monkey off the back as perennial failures come September.. If things go their way EK could do some damage if they fall into 4th....

If they stay healthy and at full strength no one’s touching Starthmore, not even Abbers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If they stay healthy and at full strength no one’s touching Starthmore, not even Abbers.

Big call Bash!
I think Abers are overwhelming favourites at the moment, they have by far the best back 6 and Meese to give first use more often than not. With Foster back playing now they have a potent forward set up too, they will need to off not to win it.
Mick is probably at his most dangerous in this situation and could never write a team coached by him off.
Strathmore are flying but will be hoping to roll Abers in the last game and grab top 2. They are no doubt good enough but from 3rd would need to peak in 3 consecutive games.
Pacco been very good all year and probably a bit under the radar but I can’t see them getting beyond week 1.

Big call Bash!
I think Abers are overwhelming favourites at the moment, they have by far the best back 6 and Meese to give first use more often than not. With Foster back playing now they have a potent forward set up too, they will need to off not to win it.
Mick is probably at his most dangerous in this situation and could never write a team coached by him off.
Strathmore are flying but will be hoping to roll Abers in the last game and grab top 2. They are no doubt good enough but from 3rd would need to peak in 3 consecutive games.
Pacco been very good all year and probably a bit under the radar but I can’t see them getting beyond week 1.
Everyone has beaten each other in the top 4, Pacco only team to beat Abbers and they seem to match up very well against them. Abbers 100% favorites at the moment.

Everyone has beaten each other in the top 4, Pacco only team to beat Abbers and they seem to match up very well against them. Abbers 100% favorites at the moment.
Pacco might have beaten Abers but it was 10 weeks ago. Since then they have lost to Abers, Strathmore, Keilor and still have to play Keilor again

Let’s be honest strathmore getting within 1 point and choking the last quarter against Abbers proves they are more then capable to beat them. They only getting better now with the return of players too

All this praise and defending of Starthmore lately from me im surprised people are not saying I’m their president, coach or runner also. Lollll

Pacco might have beaten Abers but it was 10 weeks ago. Since then they have lost to Abers, Strathmore, Keilor and still have to play Keilor again
Correct. Same could be said about Keilor tbh. They beat SM in round 2 and have been belted by Abbers twice and SM in the return game. Other than being smashed by SM a month ago, Pacco have lost by 3 goals against Keilor and lost to Abbers by 1 goal. It's a very even top 4. If EK were to somehow make the top 4 they'd be making up the numbers even more so than Pacco, they have been beaten easily by all the top 4 teams the 2nd half of the season (other than Keilor obviously).

Correct. Same could be said about Keilor tbh. They beat SM in round 2 and have been belted by Abbers twice and SM in the return game. Other than being smashed by SM a month ago, Pacco have lost by 3 goals against Keilor and lost to Abbers by 1 goal. It's a very even top 4. If EK were to somehow make the top 4 they'd be making up the numbers even more so than Pacco, they have been beaten easily by all the top 4 teams the 2nd half of the season (other than Keilor obviously).

To be fair hard to compare first and second halves of seasons for some teams, Starthmore had a massive injury list first half of the season, same as EK in the second half of the season. It’s footy but that’s just the truth wether you like to admit it or not.

Think EK are too far away % wise to make finals. PV will need to loose the next two weeks and EK will need to win the next two in order to make finals.

EK at full strength could definitely be competitive with Keilor and PV.

However I feel Abbers are a level above that and then Strathmore even further ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going out on a limb and being hopeful lol

Abbers 60
Douttas 20
EK 1
Avondale 1
Starthmore 50

Sounds like a few games called off with the lightning

Heard the same. EK and Keilor game went ahead. EK did really well in my opinion and could of easily won that game if they didn’t kick 14 behinds. Had 3 on the bench from 1 min into the first quarter with a key midfielder going down, so did really well.

Great contest for 4 whole quarters from both teams. Coletta and Rayner easily best on ground even though their team lost. Shut down both their defenders and we’re marking everything. O’kearney, Stevenson, Christofi and Mancuso played well also.

Great first year up all in all I think to finish 5th. Look forward to hopefully making finals next year now they have seen the comp etc.

Hopefully edfl Incorporate a top 5 next year also like every other league in the state.

Was great bantering with you lot.

Last edited:
I also watched ek v k only had some heavy drops of rain very good game keilor just a bit better. Colletta marked everything Galea don’t like to say it looks finished, keilor still have a lot of injuries need all of them back to go far in the finals.Got to give credit to East Keilor just outside the four first year up .

Heard the same. EK and Keilor game went ahead. EK did really well in my opinion and could of easily won that game if they didn’t kick 14 behinds. Had 3 on the bench from 1 min into the first quarter with a key midfielder going down, so did really well.

Great contest for 4 whole quarters from both teams. Coletta and Rayner easily best on ground even though their team lost. Shut down both their defenders and we’re marking everything. O’kearney, Stephenson, Christofi and Mancuso played well also.

Great first year up all in all I think to finish 5th. Look forward to hopefully making finals next year now they have seen the comp etc.

Hopefully edfl Incorporate a top 5 next year also like every other league in the state.

Was great bantering with you lot.

Well said Bash. Think I said pre-season EK will be 10 goals off the top sides, I stand by that. You’ve said yourself who you think the best team are. First time around gave EK a false sniff at a finals chance.
I know you’ve had players out but all things equal I believe Abers, Keilor and Strathmore beat EK by 10+.
Todays game maybe flattering with Keilor on the slide.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back