EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said Bash. Think I said pre-season EK will be 10 goals off the top sides, I stand by that. You’ve said yourself who you think the best team are. First time around gave EK a false sniff at a finals chance.
I know you’ve had players out but all things equal I believe Abers, Keilor and Strathmore beat EK by 10+.
Todays game maybe flattering with Keilor on the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I agree Abbers and Starthmore are an 8-10 goal better side when at strength and firing.

I honestly don’t think keilor is though. They are probably 6 goals behind Abbers and Starthmore i think.

Keilor had outs today but so did ek in Marshall, polazollo, Cam Wild, Bekwith (1 min into first quarter so played the whole game a man down) to name a few. They are some massive outs. Next year when all the above can fit into the team all at once it will be interesting.

But yeah like I said proud of my club. First season up and finishing 5th is a result you can’t be upset about, beat acouple of the top 4 also and could of and probably should of beat keilor today if they kicked straight.

Good season in my opinion

Last edited:
You got your div3 premiership caps done already? 🤣🤣🤣

All that 16s age group from div2 to div5 we already knew the premiers months ago. It was a complete joke and they wonder why kids are leaving the sport every year.

Example div 5 should be for the battling clubs or clubs 2nd or 3rd teams yet both Burnside 1 and East Sunbury 1 are playing in the GF. Both in developing areas. Absolute joke!!
its not the clubs fault, see the EDFL they run the League or should that be you

Not a great effort from Marby again this week. Some real issues and a very lacklustre Pre Season has turned into a sub par season. No structures at all and it’s almost now at a stage where they need luck each time going forward to score goals. Have had some bad luck with player availability but after finishing 4th in last years shortened season on the back of victories over Abers and Pacco the team needed a big Pre season but again no real plan and small numbers across Nov/Dec. The win and a close loss to EK together with the win over Pacco seemed to be on the back of talent not a good game plan. Players certainly aren’t playing for the coach and unless there is a change at the top it would seem there may be several players on the move

First time I've read this thread. (Usually I read the div 1 thread because I follow Tullamarine).

I've just gotten back into following local footy this year. A couple of times I've tried to get to a Premier Div game but I've been frustrated when trying to get a car park so I've given up. There seems to be some decent crowds at Premier Div games. I'm actually keen to see the difference between Div 1 and Premier Div. Unfortunately the only game I'll probably get to will be the GF.

Interesting about games being called off and the fact that if the Strathmore/Marby game had been called off before the third quarter began, it would have been a draw which would have cost Strathmore dearly in there ladder position as the season draws to a close.

Mouth watering games to finish off the season!

Keilor vs Pacco - Keilor have more to play for than Pacco, Looked like Pacco had a few out on Saturday.. Rested perhaps?
Abbers vs SM - SM everything to play for, expect them to do enough to win.

Not a great effort from Marby again this week. Some real issues and a very lacklustre Pre Season has turned into a sub par season. No structures at all and it’s almost now at a stage where they need luck each time going forward to score goals. Have had some bad luck with player availability but after finishing 4th in last years shortened season on the back of victories over Abers and Pacco the team needed a big Pre season but again no real plan and small numbers across Nov/Dec. The win and a close loss to EK together with the win over Pacco seemed to be on the back of talent not a good game plan. Players certainly aren’t playing for the coach and unless there is a change at the top it would seem there may be several players on the move
Marby has a good list, good reserves (depth) and a very strong junior program. Disappointing year for them

Mouth watering games to finish off the season!

Keilor vs Pacco - Keilor have more to play for than Pacco, Looked like Pacco had a few out on Saturday.. Rested perhaps?
Abbers vs SM - SM everything to play for, expect them to do enough to win.

I’d be resting a lot if I was Abbers, pointless game for them and surely will be thinking about the week after.

Highly doubt they'd want 2 weeks off before playing a final.
Never wanted a week off from playing in my life neither have former team mates only people I hear talking that tash is on here, same as kicking a goal and running to the bench for a spell! Some people watch the afl and think the implementation is the same at lower levels oh and one more thing now that finals is approaching you don’t lift your intensity more because it’s a final it’s the same every week you don’t go out in the home and away season and say I’m gunna play at 80%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never wanted a week off from playing in my life neither have former team mates only people I hear talking that tash is on here, same as kicking a goal and running to the bench for a spell! Some people watch the afl and think the implementation is the same at lower levels oh and one more thing now that finals is approaching you don’t lift your intensity more because it’s a final it’s the same every week you don’t go out in the home and away season and say I’m gunna play at 80%
My comment was more directed to potentially getting injuries week before you play for a spot in the big dance. As a player i hated days off but i was talking about a coaches perspective.

Just my opinion though.

Women's Pre-Lim abandoned due to fighting(game and crowd)? Anyone know what happened?
league have stuffed up here, why abandon a game, sort it out or evict the crowd, now they have 1 team left, do Keilor turn up next week just to receive the cup and sing the song, anti climax to the year for the premier woman's comp outside of VFL
League getting so much wrong, from the board, to the office staff, board should have stood down last week when clubs called for it..... laughing stock of vic metro

My comment was more directed to potentially getting injuries week before you play for a spot in the big dance. As a player i hated days off but i was talking about a coaches perspective.

Just my opinion though.

What if they rest to many and get belted. They could potentially have the same opponent week 1 with confidence down regardless of who might come back in. Had they been playing someone else, maybe.

What if they rest to many and get belted. They could potentially have the same opponent week 1 with confidence down regardless of who might come back in. Had they been playing someone else, maybe.

Fair call however it goes both ways. You don’t want to show your cards week 1 for a game that means nothing at all and give the team a week to find a solution.

Pros and cons to both situations I guess

Fair call however it goes both ways. You don’t want to show your cards week 1 for a game that means nothing at all and give the team a week to find a solution.

Pros and cons to both situations I guess

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.coM

EK showed all their cards in rounds 1-9 it would appear (7-2 at round 9)

Now 10-7 disastrous second half of the year winning only 3 games

league have stuffed up here, why abandon a game, sort it out or evict the crowd, now they have 1 team left, do Keilor turn up next week just to receive the cup and sing the song, anti climax to the year for the premier woman's comp outside of VFL
League getting so much wrong, from the board, to the office staff, board should have stood down last week when clubs called for it..... laughing stock of vic metro
Just read statement in where Keilor will now play Aberfeldie who were the next placed higher side as Oak Park and Westmeadows were disqualified over the fight.

I’ve been critical of the league as you know but not sure how they can evict all the idiots. What started it? If a fight starts it’s the clubs who should be controlling there own mobs tbh . Why some clubs cant is beyond me and do certain clubs tolerate that sh@@ behaviour. The statement mentions club members involved in the fight so horrible look forward both clubs.

Last edited:
EK showed all their cards in rounds 1-9 it would appear (7-2 at round 9)

Now 10-7 disastrous second half of the year winning only 3 games
lol most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. Do you just talk crap to rile people up??? ill debunk your theory with one comment. Lost to Keilor first time round by 50 then almost beat them... If Ek showed their hand against arguably the best coach in the state tactic wise shouldn't we have lost by 100 last week? delusional you are. EK suffered massively second half of season due to injuries to key position players that could not be replaced.
They will finish the second half 4-5 far from disastrous first year up mate.

lol most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. Do you just talk crap to rile people up??? ill debunk your theory with one comment. Lost to Keilor first time round by 50 then almost beat them... If Ek showed their hand against arguably the best coach in the state tactic wise shouldn't we have lost by 100 last week? delusional you are. EK suffered massively second half of season due to injuries to key position players that could not be replaced.
Death, Taxes and Bash talking about how many injuries they had... The clubs spent more $$ than any club in recent history you'd hope you'd be somewhere near finals tbh.

Death, Taxes and Bash talking about how many injuries they had... The clubs spent more $$ than any club in recent history you'd hope you'd be somewhere near finals tbh.

You struggle with English? Not complaining about injuries, he’s saying ek showed their cards first half of the season. I’m saying we had a diff team in the first half compared to the second.

Exact same reason why strathmore were average first half of the season and unstoppable second half mate, or does your silly logic only apply to EK and no one else?? You one of those people are you?

Somewhere near finals? Can’t be nearer then 5th mate

Your reasons of EK suffered massively second half of season due to injuries to key position players that could not be replaced.

Coletta- played 12 games, has played the last 4
Stewart - played 14 games, played the last 4
Hill - played 17 games, played the last 4
Bongetti- played 14 games, played 3 of the last 4
Shaw- played 17 games, played every game
Rayner played 12 games - played 3 of the last 4
Smith - played 14 games played 2 of the last 4

Who are the key position players that have missed the second half of the year???

Also recruited WILD who arrived in June

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back