EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

what's the difference in quality between wrfl a grade and edfl a grade?
Very little when Deer Park played WRFL they would have flogged most edfl premier teams and thats what they will do in 24. WRFL has gone backwards in 23 no doubt. If you go through the Deer Park side of 23 that flogged West Coburg in the GF pound for pound they are as experienced and as good as any team that played premier in 23. Deer Park don't turn up to pull legs off spiders. Deer Park are proven premiership winners who are managed to win and do not have any interest in rebuilds etc. Deer Park are very very similar to Keilor in a lot of respects. Deer park rise to the challenge and will destroy teams at various times.

Very little when Deer Park played WRFL they would have flogged most edfl premier teams and thats what they will do in 24. WRFL has gone backwards in 23 no doubt. If you go through the Deer Park side of 23 that flogged West Coburg in the GF pound for pound they are as experienced and as good as any team that played premier in 23. Deer Park don't turn up to pull legs off spiders. Deer Park are proven premiership winners who are managed to win and do not have any interest in rebuilds etc. Deer Park are very very similar to Keilor in a lot of respects. Deer park rise to the challenge and will destroy teams at various times.
And they dont cheat , never have , they won all those premierships without cheating . Your the reason DP shouldnt be in the EDFL

I
I’ve watched both leagues 1000’s of times and if you think the WRFL prem is even close in standard to the EDFL prem you’ve got rocks in your head. They’re chalk and cheese. Will be interesting to see how DP go - wonder if the spend big/care little approach will work for them as well as it did for EK

I

I’ve watched both leagues 1000’s of times and if you think the WRFL prem is even close in standard to the EDFL prem you’ve got rocks in your head. They’re chalk and cheese. Will be interesting to see how DP go - wonder if the spend big/care little approach will work for them as well as it did for EK
Look at the players who have plied their trade in both leagues. Name the players in Premier EDFL this year who were beter players than Levi Greenwood, Nash Holmes, Jake McKenzie, Luke Goater, Jack Dorgan, Tim Quick, Kia Bol, Todd Elton and the list could go on and on.

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Notice how all the crap talk was on the Div 1 thread last season and has moved to the Premier thread only recently?

Wonder what the common denominator is?
Yes totally correct . All that the inclusion of DP nnd St Albans has done is cheapen the stature of the league.
They bring nothing except Western Suburbs grade 3 education and the ability to be experts at completing a dole form .

It is always very amusing to listen to Deer Park enthusiasts like Longblow - they puff out their chest and spruik about the recent success over the last 10 years. Luckily I am old enough to remember the "shit club" they were except for a period in the early 1990's which was based on a talented group of youngsters with a superstar in Stephen Moss and talented veterans in Gallop, Protetto and Caddaye.
Their success over the last decade is purely fuelled by the $$$$$$ generated through the Deer Park Club which is also funding the Deer Park Cricket Club and Deer Park Bowls Club. If I was recruiting and spending $ 400,000 plus every year I would be expecting to have on field success - personally I don't and the vast majority of people who love and follow local football don't think their recent success has any credibility or should be applauded. In fact it is a sad indictment on the pathetic AFL Victoria administration and both the WRFL and EDFL admins.

Perhaps Deer Park's greatest achievement over the last decade has been the ability to not be caught blatantly cheating the salary cap over this period - but KARMA can be a wonderful thing. I have spoken to plenty of the "loyal" Deer Park players over the last decade and the huge SIGN ONS and brown paper bag payments are simply too huge to refuse.

I wonder how they would go if they spent the allocated salary cap - perhaps they would still be languishing in WRFL Second Division.

It is always very amusing to listen to Deer Park enthusiasts like Longblow - they puff out their chest and spruik about the recent success over the last 10 years. Luckily I am old enough to remember the "s**t club" they were except for a period in the early 1990's which was based on a talented group of youngsters with a superstar in Stephen Moss and talented veterans in Gallop, Protetto and Caddaye.
Their success over the last decade is purely fuelled by the $$$$$$ generated through the Deer Park Club which is also funding the Deer Park Cricket Club and Deer Park Bowls Club. If I was recruiting and spending $ 400,000 plus every year I would be expecting to have on field success - personally I don't and the vast majority of people who love and follow local football don't think their recent success has any credibility or should be applauded. In fact it is a sad indictment on the pathetic AFL Victoria administration and both the WRFL and EDFL admins.

Perhaps Deer Park's greatest achievement over the last decade has been the ability to not be caught blatantly cheating the salary cap over this period - but KARMA can be a wonderful thing. I have spoken to plenty of the "loyal" Deer Park players over the last decade and the huge SIGN ONS and brown paper bag payments are simply too huge to refuse.

I wonder how they would go if they spent the allocated salary cap - perhaps they would still be languishing in WRFL Second Division.
Where they belong .

It is always very amusing to listen to Deer Park enthusiasts like Longblow - they puff out their chest and spruik about the recent success over the last 10 years. Luckily I am old enough to remember the "s**t club" they were except for a period in the early 1990's which was based on a talented group of youngsters with a superstar in Stephen Moss and talented veterans in Gallop, Protetto and Caddaye.

🪿come and admire the cabinet

SWOOPINGTIME

Look at the players who have plied their trade in both leagues. Name the players in Premier EDFL this year who were beter players than Levi Greenwood, Nash Holmes, Jake McKenzie, Luke Goater, Jack Dorgan, Tim Quick, Kia Bol, Todd Elton and the list could go on and on.
Simple look at leagues best an fairest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes totally correct . All that the inclusion of DP nnd St Albans has done is cheapen the stature of the league.
They bring nothing except Western Suburbs grade 3 education and the ability to be experts at completing a dole form .
The Deer Park coach is principal of a large local catholic secondary school. He may find a spot for you to finish form 1 Potato Cake if you ask nicely!.

I

Better go to specsavers

And do you think the top clubs in edfl premier are not paying the amount you mentioned. If you do you are kidding yourself.
Yes Deer Park offer huge coin and it’s ridiculous but if you don’t think EDFL clubs are doing similar you need to open your eyes. I do agree certain clubs have good junior programs but they still throw huge offers out to players. Maybe not as many players but the offers are still big.
One example is how did EK get Smart & Quick? They are also playing that game!!

And do you think the top clubs in edfl premier are not paying the amount you mentioned. If you do you are kidding yourself.
Yes Deer Park offer huge coin and it’s ridiculous but if you don’t think EDFL clubs are doing similar you need to open your eyes. I do agree certain clubs have good junior programs but they still throw huge offers out to players. Maybe not as many players but the offers are still big.

95% was the number one poster mentioned a while ago.

I don't follow the key signings as much in Premier, but it's obvious as **** who is spending big in Div 1.

What about the speed that they were able to poach those two players, they got them Quicksmart

Huge signing for Abers! Ben Ronke

Some key topics we have to discuss

1. Strathmore gaining Mckernan is like giving the homeless a home, i was at training and he is a mammoth of a man. He's arms are bigger then most of his teammates legs (excpet Vavra). From what I've read he kicked a bag vs Montmorency Magpies in the NFNL semi final in a half. Granted his hamstrings kept him out for most of the previous season, Nick Ash will be keeping an irish clover in his pocket for some luck on the injury front.

2. Trent Dumont was not at training. The Griff need this man on the park to combat Mighty Mick and his midfield brigade.

3. Nick Ash speaks from the heart, he is a motivator.

4. Scotland having a go at Deer Park for wanting to buy players rather then building young talent. Does he realize he has gone to bundoora. He is an absolute farce and for the cherry on top, he has acquired former blues player Sam Philp. LAUGHABLE.

Some key topics we have to discuss

1. Strathmore gaining Mckernan is like giving the homeless a home, i was at training and he is a mammoth of a man. He's arms are bigger then most of his teammates legs (excpet Vavra). From what I've read he kicked a bag vs Montmorency Magpies in the NFNL semi final in a half. Granted his hamstrings kept him out for most of the previous season, Nick Ash will be keeping an irish clover in his pocket for some luck on the injury front.

2. Trent Dumont was not at training. The Griff need this man on the park to combat Mighty Mick and his midfield brigade.

3. Nick Ash speaks from the heart, he is a motivator.

4. Scotland having a go at Deer Park for wanting to buy players rather then building young talent. Does he realize he has gone to bundoora. He is an absolute farce and for the cherry on top, he has acquired former blues player Sam Philp. LAUGHABLE.
I've heard around the traps that Dumont has accepted a coaching role at a VFL club.

Philp has mates at Bundoora and will be playing VFL most of the season. So playing there makes sense given hes a Northern FL product. Either way Scotland is done at Deer Park so whatever he does or whatever Sam Philp does can now be discussed on the Northern FL thread I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back