EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard that Deer Park will announce ex AFL player Hayden Crozier as a new signing - another bloke obviously looking to play for the jumper due to his long history with the club rather than the tens of thousands of $$$$$

Heard that Deer Park will announce ex AFL player Hayden Crozier as a new signing - another bloke obviously looking to play for the jumper due to his long history with the club rather than the tens of thousands of $$$$$
Deer Park also advertising for a cleaner. How much $$$ on offer? Can they offer the job to a player and use it to pay them outside of the cap?

You are aware the Abers smashed the spending when they won a flag years ago so what’s the difference. It’s been going on for years and will continue to go on. Yes it’s not ideal but you just need to work with it. Do ex AFL make the best recruits?? History tells us it’s debatable!!

You are aware the Abers smashed the spending when they won a flag years ago so what’s the difference. It’s been going on for years and will continue to go on. Yes it’s not ideal but you just need to work with it. Do ex AFL make the best recruits?? History tells us it’s debatable!!
Cheating is cheating, regardless of who does it.
Abers to their credit, have seemingly dialled it back unlike some other clubs.

Cheating is cheating, regardless of who does it.
Abers to their credit, have seemingly dialled it back unlike some other clubs.
Yes mate I agree, but all clubs are doing it even those at the bottom are offering large amounts, it’s just the better players are attracted to the stronger clubs in or close to finals, and it’s more difficult for those lower to attract players. Although the points systems as some good traits the idea of recruiting a coach and he brings in 4-5 is now not an option under the points system. In fact those 4-5 probably would play for unders to play with mates and a coach. So I’m not sure either system really evens out the competitions.
I would suggest a roving points scale might work to even it out but that would effect clubs who have strong juniors and previous success. So let’s say Keilor / Strathmore / Abers have X amount of points then your Greenvale, Pacco, East Keilor, Airport West have X amount then your Douttas, Avondale etc have X amount.
However is this the answer? Example- Is it the fault of Keilor that Douttas have dropped off. I would say No it’s not.

Was it better previous to the points and cap system?? Be interesting to see a study of what the clubs say on this??

Notice how all the crap talk was on the Div 1 thread last season and has moved to the Premier thread only recently?

Wonder what the common denominator is
Notice how all the crap talk was on the Div 1 thread last season and has moved to the Premier thread only recently?

Wonder what the common denominator is?
Deer park ?

Yes mate I agree, but all clubs are doing it even those at the bottom are offering large amounts, it’s just the better players are attracted to the stronger clubs in or close to finals, and it’s more difficult for those lower to attract players. Although the points systems as some good traits the idea of recruiting a coach and he brings in 4-5 is now not an option under the points system. In fact those 4-5 probably would play for unders to play with mates and a coach. So I’m not sure either system really evens out the competitions.
I would suggest a roving points scale might work to even it out but that would effect clubs who have strong juniors and previous success. So let’s say Keilor / Strathmore / Abers have X amount of points then your Greenvale, Pacco, East Keilor, Airport West have X amount then your Douttas, Avondale etc have X amount.
However is this the answer? Example- Is it the fault of Keilor that Douttas have dropped off. I would say No it’s not.

Was it better previous to the points and cap system?? Be interesting to see a study of what the clubs say on this??
I would argue its as even as its ever been going into next season because of the salary cap whether it gets followed legit by everyone or not it has helped even it out, yes they may be a few at the top but that's the same in every league there's great sides in every league, premier next year everyone seems to be having a genuine crack like even avo, douttas so should be good , time will tell

When do the EDFL include the financial report into their AGM report that has been issued to the clubs and the public.
Its strange how we all assume in a negative way, no one assumes in a positive way , and Im assuming the financial report has been left out of this years information for a reason. I wonder if Mr Legal B Kent is asking any questions because he makes himself out to be the rule maker and i would suggest the AGM report has to include the financials of the league
Just another issue that will be overlooked by the most complacent presidents in the history of the EDFL

I would argue its as even as its ever been going into next season because of the salary cap whether it gets followed legit by everyone or not it has helped even it out, yes they may be a few at the top but that's the same in every league there's great sides in every league, premier next year everyone seems to be having a genuine crack like even avo, douttas so should be good , time will tell
Hey mate, have Avondale or Douttas recruited anyone of note?

Hey mate, have Avondale or Douttas recruited anyone of note?
douttas always struggle too but have still added 2 or 3 that will help but lost Wallis, more meant avo there having more of a crack then usual recruited decent but more recruited for better depth wanting a thirds team somehow and have a 16 1s merged, still you'd expect them to be the bottom 2 but won't be terrible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unsure if this is correct but would have a relationship with Goater more than likely and recognise that being part of a true club is the best place to go post AFL.

When do the EDFL include the financial report into their AGM report that has been issued to the clubs and the public.
Its strange how we all assume in a negative way, no one assumes in a positive way , and Im assuming the financial report has been left out of this years information for a reason. I wonder if Mr Legal B Kent is asking any questions because he makes himself out to be the rule maker and i would suggest the AGM report has to include the financials of the league
Just another issue that will be overlooked by the most complacent presidents in the history of the EDFL
Financials in the hardcopy presented at the AGM

Unsure if this is correct but would have a relationship with Goater more than likely and recognise that being part of a true club is the best place to go post AFL.
Crozier and his brother will play EDFL for the highest bidder. I believe his manager has just about contacted every club

So H/S article says Keilor have 19 U19 at Cannons and Jets try outs atm.How is this?Are they invited by the clubs or does Mick pull strings to get them in?ISeems a huge advantage given to Keilor or are these kids so much better than what other clubs have?

So H/S article says Keilor have 19 U19 at Cannons and Jets try outs atm.How is this?Are they invited by the clubs or does Mick pull strings to get them in?ISeems a huge advantage given to Keilor or are these kids so much better than what other clubs have?
They are invited to both Jets and Cannons given their location and not all those invited to trial for the squad actually make it for 2024. Mick has nothing to do with it.

They are invited to both Jets and Cannons given their location and not all those invited to trial for the squad actually make it for 2024. Mick has nothing to do with it.
And how many of these played under 10s at Keilor? Would be an interesting study wouldn’t it. Hearing some horrible stuff regarding poaching methods. If true it’s totally and utterly disgusting.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back