EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Council look after the grounds, not clubs.
And moonee valley and Moreland councils are both crap at maintaining the footy ovals.

Hume are no better. Most EDFL grounds are very ordinary this time of year.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe clubs shouldn’t train as much on them during this time of year.
Still don’t understand why 8’s, 10’s & 12’s need to train more then once a week. Sure they could train for 90 mins once a week.
Clubs should learn to look after their grounds better. I know councils close grounds but clubs still train.

You obviously do not know the lad, have probably never seen him play and yes they are entitled to show some force against him but to deliberately take a 16yr old out off the ball just to cause his father some angst is pretty low. As l mentioned in an earlier post he came back on and ended up in Keilor's best players.
Yes have seen him play. I like what I saw and best wishes to him. 100% agree that taking him or anyone out off the ball when unwarranted is unacceptable. We don't always know exactly what goes on during the course of a game though do we?. Sometimes what is perceived as an 'off the ball' incident is a square up for what happened in an earlier part of a match. Speaking generally here as I have zero clue of what transpired between Keilor ( White Vans) & Aberfeldie (the Alter Boys)

Still don’t understand why 8’s, 10’s & 12’s need to train more then once a week. Sure they could train for 90 mins once a week.
Clubs should learn to look after their grounds better. I know councils close grounds but clubs still train.
I agree. Two times a week in the younger juniors is too much. Unfortunately most clubs don't have the luxury of having two ovals where they can even the work load between the two to save the playing surface. With the weather from today and tomorrow I'd say the ovals will beclosed for a few days.

Run over the white line it's game on. Only another player to stop regardless of age.

SWOOPINGTIME
So you condone unwarranted violence in a game of football. We are trying to get kids to play this game at the top level and you want to take out aspiring players that can match their skills with more senior players. Go watch a boxing match and leave football to those that care about the game.

Yes have seen him play. I like what I saw and best wishes to him. 100% agree that taking him or anyone out off the ball when unwarranted is unacceptable. We don't always know exactly what goes on during the course of a game though do we?. Sometimes what is perceived as an 'off the ball' incident is a square up for what happened in an earlier part of a match. Speaking generally here as I have zero clue of what transpired between Keilor ( White Vans) & Aberfeldie (the Alter Boys)
Oh, you don't like players getting hit off the ball hey???

Maybe you should have a chat to your skipper about that then:rolleyes:

You have clearly never coached those age groups before.

Getting kids that age to concentrate for just an hour is near on impossible

You have clearly never coached those age groups before.

Getting kids that age to concentrate for just an hour is near on impossible
Many years ago coaching under 10s rabble and David Calthorpe (then Bomber) wandered past walking his dog..
Seized the opportunity asking David would he spare 5 mins to chat to our team.. No worries he replied. After the talk all about his AFL experiences, Sheedy etc.. which btw was great, David asked my kids.. Any questions?.. Silence!..
finally one kid at the back put his hand up and asked….
Can I pat ya dog!
(Sorry, piqued my memory, when you mentioned kids attention spans)

Many years ago coaching under 10s rabble and David Calthorpe (then Bomber) wandered past walking his dog..
Seized the opportunity asking David would he spare 5 mins to chat to our team.. No worries he replied. After the talk all about his AFL experiences, Sheedy etc.. which btw was great, David asked my kids.. Any questions?.. Silence!..
finally one kid at the back put his hand up and asked….
Can I pat ya dog!
(Sorry, piqued my memory, when you mentioned kids attention spans)
ha ha ha

I agree. Two times a week in the younger juniors is too much. Unfortunately most clubs don't have the luxury of having two ovals where they can even the work load between the two to save the playing surface. With the weather from today and tomorrow I'd say the ovals will beclosed for a few days.

agree but in this user pays world unless you play seniors one junior training session a week doesnt warrant the $500 per kid a lot of clubs charge. often to see that dough run out at 2pm the day prior to junior games anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you condone unwarranted violence in a game of football. We are trying to get kids to play this game at the top level and you want to take out aspiring players that can match their skills with more senior players. Go watch a boxing match and leave football to those that care about the game.
100% don't condone violence at all!! I just said once you cross the white line it's game on. I actually encourage having kids playing at the top level and developing. But no-one gets an easy path regardless of age.

SWOOPINGTIME

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back