EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Tips for this weekend:
APW by 2 over Greenvale in a cliffhanger
Keilor by 160+ over Avo (raising the bat with the double ton in the process!)
Strathmore by 20 over Abers
Douttas by 8 over Deer Park (although wouldn’t surprise if DP got up)
Pacco by 49 over EK (Pacco to dominate after HT)
After this week, Greenvale have EK, Keilor and Abers, APW have Keilor, DP and PV. APW still a vague chance for finals if they win here

Can you cut and paste the main part of the article? Can't open it.
Major changes are coming at East Keilor.
President and senior coach Pat Christofi has announced he will stand down from his roles at the end of the season after six years with the Essendon District Football League club.

He announced the news in a social media statement on Wednesday.

“I have been involved with local football to some capacity for over 20 years which I have thoroughly enjoyed,” he said.

“It has been a decision I don’t take lightly. I have been weighing it up over the last few months and think it is the right time to take some time away from football so I can pursue other life interests.

“I came to the club with the intention to do the best I can and bring as much success as possible. I had the vision of growing the junior and senior programs to try make East Keilor a destination club and a prominent representative in the Premier division of the EDFL.

“It has been an honour being involved with this great club.”

Christofi is currently in his second coaching stint of the Cougars having stepped back into the role last season.

He led the club to a grand final in 2019 before earning promotion after 2021.

East Keilor currently sits eighth on the Premier Division ladder after playing finals last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After this week, Greenvale have EK, Keilor and Abers, APW have Keilor, DP and PV. APW still a vague chance for finals if they win here
Would it matter if apw made it
They be out first final so would greenvale you would think or can they upset some higher teams

“I came to the club with the intention to do the best I can and bring as much success as possible. I had the vision of growing the junior and senior programs to try make East Keilor a destination club and a prominent representative in the Premier division of the EDFL”

So he leaves having achieved none none of his goals?

“I came to the club with the intention to do the best I can and bring as much success as possible. I had the vision of growing the junior and senior programs to try make East Keilor a destination club and a prominent representative in the Premier division of the EDFL”

Growing Juniors, this yr they had 3 sides with no under 14’s ..

Tried to copy a former club ..that took time and more than one resource

He had a crack I guess. Yes pissed some people off
Its easy to all pot from a keyboard though.
Trouble is when the previous President left no one wanted to take the keys....
Easy to say have a good program and success will occur. Not the case look at Premier EDFL. Keilor, Strathmore, Pacco and Abers are the only ones who ever challenge. Been done to death

Easy to say have a good program and success will occur. Not the case look at Premier EDFL. Keilor, Strathmore, Pacco and Abers are the only ones who ever challenge. Been done to death
agree

It wasn’t so long ago that greenvale were a powerhouse in A grade played in a lot of grand finals. Things change it may take awhile but it will happen eventually

It wasn’t so long ago that greenvale were a powerhouse in A grade played in a lot of grand finals. Things change it may take awhile but it will happen eventually
Could be to do with the lack of kids interested in footy within that area

Back in the day you used to see a lot of Greenvale(and other City of Hume EDFL clubs) kids get picked for Cannons squads...nowdays, not a lot

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back