EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Bruno was playing at Douttas in 2010. I know because I was there due to the juniors going into 3 divisions and Geoff certainly wasn’t the coach.

His name escapes me, but he left and one of the Zoccali boys and his dad took over.

The team was coached by Jose Romero a year later.

I know I'm right. My son played at Douttas. Geoff was the EDFL combined side coach and he told players that they should be playing in Div 1 and convinced many to come to Douttas. He may not have coached them in the first or 2nd year that they came to Douttas but he certainly was the instigator/recruiter so he could eventually coach them.

I hope that Douttas try to recruit Bruno and Caluzzi back to the club, would be great to get Douttas back to the top of the EDFL.

On another note, to all the runners at junior footy finals, GET OFF the ground its not about you. One runner in an under 10,s final was blue carded yesterday for umpire abuse, should been band for life. Another at an under 12,s girls game at Greenvale that I was watching was on the ground for at least 90% of the time, some times within 10mts of the play, complete flog. EDFL should ban runners from under 14,s down if this stuff continues.

To all the juniors playing, well done it was fantastic to watch 3 finals yesterday.

All you do every week is come on here and bag umpires, its nuffies like you that make umpires leave the game. How about getting of your keyboard and go out and have a crack at umpiring. And see how much work they put it at training, might make you appreciate them.
I agree, it was really a matter of time before an umpire bites back, the crap the umpires have to put up with every week is a disgrace, umpires report it and the tribunal do nothing about it, so it continues, EDFL need to stamp this out, and it starts with the players being discipled, an umpire finally responds and you want to rub them out, what a joke, if the umpires can put up with it, why cant the players "coZ they are self cantered sooks" they give it, but cant take it.

Last edited:
I know I'm right. My son played at Douttas. Geoff was the EDFL combined side coach and he told players that they should be playing in Div 1 and convinced many to come to Douttas. He may not have coached them in the first or 2nd year that they came to Douttas but he certainly was the instigator/recruiter so he could eventually coach them.

I hope that Douttas try to recruit Bruno and Caluzzi back to the club, would be great to get Douttas back to the top of the EDFL.
Laguda first played at EK then joined Douttas in 2010.

I'd be sounding both out for 2025 considering whats going to take place at EK following the upheavel

On another note, to all the runners at junior footy finals, GET OFF the ground its not about you. One runner in an under 10,s final was blue carded yesterday for umpire abuse, should been band for life. Another at an under 12,s girls game at Greenvale that I was watching was on the ground for at least 90% of the time, some times within 10mts of the play, complete flog. EDFL should ban runners from under 14,s down if this stuff continues.

To all the juniors playing, well done it was fantastic to watch 3 finals yesterday.
Well said mate and been saying this for years. Some runners are coaching and never go to the coach for instructions.
Attended the 14girls div2 final yesterday Keilor v Marby. The Keilor runner just stayed on the ground almost the entire game and when they kicked out post a behind, he was just out of the 50 jumping up and waving arms and calling for them to kick this way. Seriously was an embarrassment for all to see. Apparently the umpires did have a word to both runners during the 3rd. But it’s a total joke as they know the rules yet flaunt them just to try and be involved. Clubs should be fined 500-1000 as it’s not an accident.
On another note keilor started with only 15players and therefore Marby had to play only 16. Why in finals isn’t Marby allowed to play 18 as it’s a final and not their fault. Actually there players were disadvantaged by sitting extras on the bench. That’s not what footy is about that because Marby had a full side they kids were disadvantaged by having less game time. What a JOKE!!

Then I ventured out and seen the last bit of the 16boys div4 final between Taylor’s Lakes (1) v Abers (3) oh my on the final siren the carry on by the Taylor’s coach running onto the ground jumping up & down like they won the senior premiership. Total embarrassment at its finest. FFS it’s Div 4 and they played another sides 3rd team. Have some respect!!
It’s these types of coaches who destroy the game if they are solely in it for the purpose of winning a div4 premiership!!
However to his credit his did pull up his young runner when he was yelling at the water person to bring water out and he said you can’t until a goal is kicked. That was a good thing on one hand but on the other hand how does a runner not know the rules.. What are clubs doing…

totally with you on this rocket. 2 weeks ago when I last went for a walk and watched some juniors at home what your saying here was on full display. so many egotistical adults making sundays about them its actuallty embarasing. i know we need willing volunteers but surely every club has a coaching or junior development person overlooking behaviours as suchj. we always comment on whos coaching kids and how but whos coaching these parent coaches given their meant to b acredited and sign off on codes of conduct etc

If Douttas kept all their better juniors who are one pointers and still running around for other EDFL clubs and other local clubs in vic they would be playing well under the points cap each week (25-30 points) and they would be rivalling Keilor.

Talking about the likes of both Brown brothers, Wallis, Calvaresi, Jensen, Day, the Andersons, Laguda, Campisi, Caluzzi, Kosmos, Roumelitious Rogers etc
few of these names were mentioned saturday at the game but only more as a reference to who has been through the club at different times. east keilor situation may see a couple consider new or former homes so hopefuly douttas is at least of consideration. unsure whats happened at digers rest but a few might be on the move again hopefully back this way. jensen there captain unsighted since long weekend word was he is coaching a rival ridell league club next year.

If Douttas kept all their better juniors who are one pointers and still running around for other EDFL clubs and other local clubs in vic they would be playing well under the points cap each week (25-30 points) and they would be rivalling Keilor.

Talking about the likes of both Brown brothers, Wallis, Calvaresi, Jensen, Day, the Andersons, Laguda, Campisi, Caluzzi, Kosmos, Roumelitious Rogers etc

Laguda was an east Keilor junior before he moved to douttas, as was Rogers

Caluzzi in the same boat I believe (could be wrong)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As frustrating at it is that all that talent is running around for other clubs, they have to keep moving forward. Those players chose to leave and likely won’t be coming back. Under the new coach they’ve targeted young talent that will stick around and build it alongside the juniors coming through. 4 under 18 boys played yesterday and quite a few rep players in the 16’s and 14’s. If the stay true to that and be patient their time will come I’m sure of it. First time in a long time they have an elite coach and stable committee. Was talk yesterday that majority of the current list has committed to 2025, that’s the first hurdle
are those under 18’s guns or filling up numbers. Most clubs have 18’s go up to play 1’s

totally with you on this rocket. 2 weeks ago when I last went for a walk and watched some juniors at home what your saying here was on full display. so many egotistical adults making sundays about them its actuallty embarasing. i know we need willing volunteers but surely every club has a coaching or junior development person overlooking behaviours as suchj. we always comment on whos coaching kids and how but whos coaching these parent coaches given their meant to b acredited and sign off on codes of conduct etc
Issue is the runner doesn’t need to do a course, training or be accredited. Can be any idiot under the rules. As my previous post the runner I seen from keilor was a total embarrassment as an adult but they allow it to happen as they want every advantage even if it’s against the rules. As stated I would be happy to do a role for the league and my income can be purely fines I isdue of 500-1000 for each breach. And the umpires should pay a free kick in opposition forward line. Now that would make the runner look like a total fool as the kids will be disadvantaged in the scoreboard. Only way to sort it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise Deer Park kicked 7.5 in the last quarter to Doutta Stars 0.0. For Deer Park to turn a 26 point deficit going into the last quarter into a 25 point victory would almost certainly be the best comeback victory of the year in the EDFL. Augers very well for Deer Park heading into 2025...

That doesn't add up ... Deer Park Primary School maths teachers working wonders back in the day, aye! Must have been having a nip or two of ouzo between classes.

Going by your figures you were 26 down, add 47 ... that adds up to a 21 point win, not 25 LMAO.

I will help you out - PlayHQ says DP actually won by 20 points after kicking 7.4 to 0.0 after trailing by 26 at 3QT.

Simple for many ... hard for some.

I didn't realise Deer Park kicked 7.5 in the last quarter to Doutta Stars 0.0. For Deer Park to turn a 26 point deficit going into the last quarter into a 25 point victory would almost certainly be the best comeback victory of the year in the EDFL. Augers very well for Deer Park heading into 2025...
Paccos comeback v Deer Park beats that

Paccos comeback v Deer Park beats that
Pacco only got the chocolates over Deer Park in that game as they didn't have a bench in the last quarter and we ran out of legs.

I think the win on the weekend was alittle more sweeter as the umpires did just about everything to stop us from having a chance for 3 quarters but had no control in the last as we had the pill on a string.

SWOOPINGTIME

Potential Team of the Year, couple of these will have to miss out, have I missed anyone ?, wings maybe a ?, pretty hard to do

L. Stredwick (Pascoe Vale) B. Newman (Aberfeldie) L. Cavanagh (Strathmore)

J. Bailey (Keilor) B. Xavier (Keilor) B. Cannolo (Deer Park)

Rucks : M. Dennis (East Keilor) C. Ellis (Keilor) T. Young (Airport West)

L. Jarrad (Strathmore) T. Dumont (Strathmore) N. Hamad (East Keilor)

B. Ronke (Aberfeldie) C. Brand (Keilor) N. Colenso (Keilor)

K. Barbuto (Keilor) M. Watson (Pascoe Vale) L. Muratore (Airport West)

INT:
L. Smart (East Keilor)
M. Hanson (Airport West)
M. Williamson (Aberfeldie)
C. Kosmas (Keilor)
D. Thompson (Aberfeldie)
J. Honey (Keilor)

Issue is the runner doesn’t need to do a course, training or be accredited. Can be any idiot under the rules. As my previous post the runner I seen from keilor was a total embarrassment as an adult but they allow it to happen as they want every advantage even if it’s against the rules. As stated I would be happy to do a role for the league and my income can be purely fines I isdue of 500-1000 for each breach. And the umpires should pay a free kick in opposition forward line. Now that would make the runner look like a total fool as the kids will be disadvantaged in the scoreboard. Only way to sort it
The rules are clear, umpire issues a warning to the runner if coaching or staying on the ground. Second time is a free kick, third is free kick plus 50. If it happens again runner is carded and not to be replaced

The rules are clear, umpire issues a warning to the runner if coaching or staying on the ground. Second time is a free kick, third is free kick plus 50. If it happens again runner is carded and not to be replaced
I saw it last year when a certain umpires advisor who's also the runner for his sons junior side spent 100% time on the ground, was clearly coaching AND telling the junior umps he advised to pay frees to his side. Was pretty ordinary to watch. Surely someone with that role should be banned from a match day role at a club

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Potential Team of the Year, couple of these will have to miss out, have I missed anyone ?, wings maybe a ?, pretty hard to do

INT:
L. Smart (East Keilor)
M. Hanson (Airport West)
C. Kosmas (Keilor)
D. Thompson (Aberfeldie)
J. Honey (Keilor)
Looks good to me😂

Problem is majority of umpires are kids and they shouldn’t need to be watching these runners ( or better called FLOGs) as they need to be concentrating on the game. These runners and coaches know better. Officials should be fined heavily and a free kick from the goal square. No warnings just fine and free kick. That would see a big difference!!

It’s often the bigger clubs flaunting rules as they know the league won’t touch em. They promote a club with good junior programs yet they continue to do this type of stuff and the committee and junior presidents and so know about it and allow it.
The only time they come off is if a supporter yells out or they video it and are seen then they run off quick smart. Seen it occur at a junior boys game with this same club. The runner just stayed on the ground and never went back to stand next to the coach. Was advising them where to kick out, was always close when players having a shot for goal etc, etc. Total di$$head. I actually took vision and only when he seen me did he decide to come off as someone said “your being recorded so better come off”

INT:
L. Smart (East Keilor)
M. Hanson (Airport West)
C. Kosmas (Keilor)
D. Thompson (Aberfeldie)
J. Honey (Keilor)

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back