EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Potential Team of the Year, couple of these will have to miss out, have I missed anyone ?, wings maybe a ?, pretty hard to do

L. Stredwick (Pascoe Vale) B. Newman (Aberfeldie) L. Cavanagh (Strathmore)

J. Bailey (Keilor) B. Xavier (Keilor) B. Cannolo (Deer Park)

Rucks : M. Dennis (East Keilor) C. Ellis (Keilor) T. Young (Airport West)

L. Jarrad (Strathmore) T. Dumont (Strathmore) N. Hamad (East Keilor)

B. Ronke (Aberfeldie) C. Brand (Keilor) N. Colenso (Keilor)

K. Barbuto (Keilor) M. Watson (Pascoe Vale) L. Muratore (Airport West)

INT:
L. Smart (East Keilor)
M. Hanson (Airport West)
M. Williamson (Aberfeldie)
C. Kosmas (Keilor)
D. Thompson (Aberfeldie)
J. Honey (Keilor)
I'm tipping there's a bloke out Keilor way who might squeeze onto the interchange- Nick O'Kearney, and it would be a very good side that Josh Honey couldn't find a spot in the starting 18.

That doesn't add up ... Deer Park Primary School maths teachers working wonders back in the day, aye! Must have been having a nip or two of ouzo between classes.

Going by your figures you were 26 down, add 47 ... that adds up to a 21 point win, not 25 LMAO.

I will help you out - PlayHQ says DP actually won by 20 points after kicking 7.4 to 0.0 after trailing by 26 at 3QT.

Simple for many ... hard for some.
Just testing you to see if you read an entire post before going off half c ocked.

How about you all leave the team of the year to the end of the year. Deer Park has proven a lot can happen in 3 weeks.
Hey Longbow I was talking to a young bloke yesterday in Brisbane that flys in and out to play for Deer Park. Do you know who he is mate? Apparently he was a Premiership Player there previously if that helps?

If Douttas kept all their better juniors who are one pointers and still running around for other EDFL clubs and other local clubs in vic they would be playing well under the points cap each week (25-30 points) and they would be rivalling Keilor.

Talking about the likes of both Brown brothers, Wallis, Calvaresi, Jensen, Day, the Andersons, Laguda, Campisi, Caluzzi, Kosmos, Roumelitious Rogers etc
Roumeliotis was an APW junior hence he went back there as a 1 pointer this season. We’re not finding too many EDS homegrowns in this list are we!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These guys played at Douttas years ago. Solid but not outstanding players.
No one within the club is talking about these players, they have left and been chased hard in the past to no avail. The recruiting strategy to my knowledge will remain the same as this year, Barry is building a team for sustained success … hopefully.

Hey Longbow I was talking to a young bloke yesterday in Brisbane that flys in and out to play for Deer Park. Do you know who he is mate? Apparently he was a Premiership Player there previously if that helps?
So you spoke to a bloke and didn't find out his name?. First rule of communication is to know who the f you are talking too.

This week Deer Park is at home. Often underlooked in the edfl is the quality of the food offering available at the various grounds. I have been thinking long & hard about this for sometime and have come to the conclusion that the food offering at Deer Park home games is akin to the finest dining establishments in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Hence, I will now refer to the Deer Park Kiosk as being "France Soir West". Suggest you skip the game you may like to watch and attend Deer Park for a total football experience incorporating outstanding food, beverages and 1st class football. All welcome..

This week Deer Park is at home. Often underlooked in the edfl is the quality of the food offering available at the various grounds. I have been thinking long & hard about this for sometime and have come to the conclusion that the food offering at Deer Park home games is akin to the finest dining establishments in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Hence, I will now refer to the Deer Park Kiosk as being "France Soir West". Suggest you skip the game you may like to watch and attend Deer Park for a total football experience incorporating outstanding food, beverages and 1st class football. All welcome..

Give it a spell. Things must have improved a fair bit in two years because in regard to canteens in the WRFL, Deer Park were in Div 2.

Everyone is looking forward to Sunshine coming back to Div 1 as they put up some of the best footy canteen food around.

Hasn't enjoyed it there from what I've been hearing
no doubt a great opportunty initialy and im sure wherever he lands will benefit from the experience. but vfl programs and the kids nab league arent as glamourous as many may think. big hours after alrady doing a days work and for far less dough than blokes can get tax free coaching at local leve;l.

So you spoke to a bloke and didn't find out his name?. First rule of communication is to know who the f you are talking too.
He works for Brisbane Lions. I think his name is Josh Cooper?

So would flying him in and out be part of salary cap plus what you pay him as from what he said he is on reasonable coin. That would chew up some salary cap you would think?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back