EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The big man on campus - Matt Hlisic.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Went down to Clifton Park to watch the Abers Heights game, 3 points in it at 3qtr time, AH supporters where up and about at the huddle as where the players, they where up to their necks in it until the umpires decided maybe after their 3 qtr time huddle that the league couldn't have the bottom side beating Abers at Abers, think the umpires forgot that they don't have any clubrooms down there to go into after the game for some complimentary drinks....what a pathetic display of umpiring by these 3, absolute disgrace, not sure what their teaching them at training but have never witnessed 3 individuals having totally different inturpratations of the rules....honestly felt extremely sad for AH young players and their supporters, I don't follow either sides but it was embarrassing for the league and an injustice to AH. A+ effort by AH, shame on the EDFL umpiring department.

Some interesting comments on Keilor’s Facebook page regarding today’s result. I think my favourite was “they’ve just paid for their footy trip”. Because obviously the only way they could lose was if they had money on the opposition. “This will do them good before the grand final”. 😂 Stay humble folks!

Some interesting comments on Keilor’s Facebook page regarding today’s result. I think my favourite was “they’ve just paid for their footy trip”. Because obviously the only way they could lose was if they had money on the opposition. “This will do them good before the grand final”. 😂 Stay humble folks!
That comment was in jest by a non keilor person. However seen another comment somewhere from some idiot saying keilor had heaps out or rested them. That’s absolute BS. They were almost at full strength or no worse off at this time of year than others including APW. Let’s give them credit.
On APW ground surely the council could put a fence up behind the goals at the club room end. Council always look after some clubs more than others. Good celebration post game by APW put up on socials. 👌

Had the pleasure of watching APW v Keilor today. I’ll say this now, APW is a club that is up and about. They were sensational across 4 qtrs. Gave Keilor a bath today
A bath??? Really???
Again I support neither but thought thisd be a reasonably good premier division match up so went for a look
U (stickey wicket) obviously watched through rose coloured glasses… it was 13 points in the end.. don’t get ahead of yourself… maybe pull back on the P15S
AW got off to a flyer in the 1st 1/4 and that was pretty much the game… before 1/2 time Keilor had lost brand and AW gentile
Did airport west play well of course…
did an undermanned Keilor have a crack certainly.. didn’t realise how many Keilor would be missing until I got there.. no Mitch Ellis (injured) Bailey (suspension) Thomas (illness) Kosmos (vfl) colenso (vfl), ham (injured), brown (vfl)…
When I asked I was told that this was the best and strongest AW team that had been fielded all season..
In saying that we’re the umpires questionable at times throughout the day with their decisions both ways definitely… I’m still scratching my head about a few decisions… both ways
In saying that did AW deserve the win yes is it a wake up call to Keilor certainly because I think they’ve dropped off a bit since I saw them play Pascoe vale at Keilor in the return bout so will be interesting to see where that goes.
Overall a good game either team could have won so I hope AW don’t get too ahead of themselves because even though it was a good win in the club going forward they celebrated like they did their last premiership and there’s a little way to go yet…
Only downer in the day.. when I go to these games I usually stand 1 half with one teams supporters and then the second half with the other teams.. I spent the 1st 1/2 standing in the AW side of the ground in the flat open air part where they have round tables for people to stand with their drinks and during the 1st half I was utterly disgusted with an AW supporter and the vile comments he was making towards the 2 indigenous Keilor players.. older bloke, taller with light brown hair and carrying a little weight in AW apparel and just making unnecessary vile racist comments and the thing that disappointed me most was the other AW supporters just laughing along with him..
If anything GOOD solid win on the field by AW but they are way way behind off the field when it comes to some supporters..
As I said they celebrated like they’d won the flag, yes they’re going in the right direction but still a way off it yet in my opinion
Interesting finals series to come..
Had the pleasure of watching APW v Keilor today. I’ll say this now, APW is a club that is up and about. They were sensational across 4 qtrs. Gave Keilor a bath today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deer Park V Strathmore was an interesting game of football. 25 point win to Strathmore. Strathmore are not much chop in my view and have far too many players who seem more interested in their appearance and perceived ability rather than actually playing well. Take no 4 off the field today and Deer Park win comfortably. No 6 for Strathmore is not a player you want to place your faith in and takes his eye off the ball under pressure. Umpires were quite good today which is terrific. No 10 for Strathmore crunched the fence during play and I had a terrible feeling he was severely injured but much to mine and everyones suprise he regained his feet took a spell and played out the game which in my assessment was a tremendous effort by No 10. Captain of Deer Park is surely in the EDFL team of the year and probably captain as he leads by example and is electric with ball in hand, rarely misses shot at goal and is a tackling machine. Food was A grade as usual and the playing surface was first class.
* I just noticed Strathmore named Dumont as 2nd best player. Laughable he was soundly beaten by Grogan and didn't influence the game at all. Strathmore probably trying to give the lad some confidence but this might indicate an intrinsic issue at this club.

Last edited:
A bath??? Really???
Again I support neither but thought thisd be a reasonably good premier division match up so went for a look
U (stickey wicket) obviously watched through rose coloured glasses… it was 13 points in the end.. don’t get ahead of yourself… maybe pull back on the P15S
AW got off to a flyer in the 1st 1/4 and that was pretty much the game… before 1/2 time Keilor had lost brand and AW gentile
did an undermanned Keilor have a crack certainly.. didn’t realise how many Keilor would be missing until I got there.. no Mitch Ellis (injured) Bailey (suspension) Thomas (illness) Kosmos (vfl) colenso (vfl), ham (injured), brown (vfl)…
When I asked I was told that this was the best and strongest AW team that had been fielded all season..
In saying that we’re the umpires questionable at times throughout the day with their decisions both ways definitely… I’m still scratching my head about a few decisions… both ways
In saying that did AW deserve the win yes is it a wake up call to Keilor certainly because I think they’ve dropped off a bit since I saw them play Pascoe vale at Keilor in the return bout so will be interesting to see where that goes.
Overall a good game either team could have won so I hope AW don’t get too ahead of themselves because even though it was a good win in the club going forward they celebrated like they did their last premiership and there’s a little way to go yet…
Only downer in the day.. when I go to these games I usually stand 1 half with one teams supporters and then the second half with the other teams.. I spent the 1st 1/2 standing in the AW side of the ground in the flat open air part where they have round tables for people to stand with their drinks and during the 1st half I was utterly disgusted with an AW supporter and the vile comments he was making towards the 2 indigenous Keilor players.. older bloke, taller with light brown hair and carrying a little weight in AW apparel and just making unnecessary vile racist comments and the thing that disappointed me most was the other AW supporters just laughing along with him..
If anything GOOD solid win on the field by AW but they are way way behind off the field when it comes to some supporters..
As I said they celebrated like they’d won the flag, yes they’re going in the right direction but still a way off it yet in my opinion
How did sales from the white van go for you today snout?

A bath??? Really???
Your definitely a keilor person..
You pot the APW crowd but nothing noted about Keilor at all.
You think APW at full strength? No club is really at full strength as have injuries etc.
What’s with the outs you named for keilor as 3 were VFL so you can’t count them really if they are playing regular VFL footy.

On another note I did hear today that an incident occurred in a girls match and Strathmore taking legal action over a Keilor offical. Any truth in that??

Deer Park V Strathmore was an interesting game of football. 25 point win to Strathmore. Strathmore are not much chop in my view and have far too many players who seem more interested in their appearance and perceived ability rather than actually playing well. Take no 4 off the field today and Deer Park win comfortably. No 6 for Strathmore is not a player you want to place your faith in and takes his eye off the ball under pressure. Umpires were quite good today which is terrific. No 10 for Strathmore crunched the fence during play and I had a terrible feeling he was severely injured but much to mine and everyones suprise he regained his feet took a spell and played out the game which in my assessment was a tremendous effort by No 10. Captain of Deer Park is surely in the EDFL team of the year and probably captain as he leads by example and is electric with ball in hand, rarely misses shot at goal and is a tackling machine. Food was A grade as usual and the playing surface was first class.
* I just noticed Strathmore named Dumont as 2nd best player. Laughable he was soundly beaten by Grogan and didn't influence the game at all. Strathmore probably trying to give the lad some confidence but this might indicate an intrinsic issue at this club.

You’ll continue to learn the longer you’re on here and hopefully start to show some respect.
Strathmore no 10?

A bath??? Really???
Whoever that supporter was/is a disgrace but Where ever you get your mail on APW having there strongest team out there all year clearly hasn’t seen much.

Wardell Lual, Jedd Brereton, Mick Edwards, Billy Barnes all missed today.
Gentile goes down half way thru the 2nd, he was the best player on the ground to that point. Had already kicked 3.

Both teams had players out… both teams lost players during the game.

APW celebrated as they should. Keilor haven’t been beaten in 36 starts, it’s massive for the club.

Whoever that supporter was/is a disgrace but Where ever you get your mail on APW having there strongest team out there all year clearly hasn’t seen much.

Gentile goes down half way thru the 2nd, he was the best player on the ground to that point. Had already kicked 3.

APW celebrated as they should. Keilor haven’t been beaten in 36 starts, it’s massive for the club.

Big Jedd Brereton is a good kid. Had a shocking run with injury this season

And yet they won

Who cares, Deer Park lost

The same Mick Edwards from Riddells Creek? Well done APW, not enough credit for the win today.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your definitely a keilor person..
You pot the APW crowd but nothing noted about Keilor at all.
You think APW at full strength? No club is really at full strength as have injuries etc.
What’s with the outs you named for keilor as 3 were VFL so you can’t count them really if they are playing regular VFL footy.

On another note I did hear today that an incident occurred in a girls match and Strathmore taking legal action over a Keilor offical. Any truth in that??

Turbo
So source tells me that the APW coach apologised to one of the Keilor players after the game for the vitriolic comments from the APW crowd sent his way through the match.
Happy to be proven wrong, but as I understand the APW Coach was disappointed that the supporters vilified a player who left the club at Under 18’s and is now playing at KFC. As I understand, the kid stuck fat with APW, but had no choice to leave until he was told, ‘Find yourself another team’. It’s taken APW many years to bring a team back into that age group.
Now, I could be wrong, but which part of ‘You should have stuck to your roots, you hungry c***t’, is acceptable language when it’s just a game of football?
Rose coloured glasses are amazing things when worn well…

Last edited:
Well done to APW on stopping Keilor domination for 700 days. Amazing how everyone whinges about one sided competition, then they get beat and everyone wants to bag them.

I think it breathes hope into the finals series but might be just the wake up up call Keilor needed before heading into pointy end.

Let’s acknowledge APW achievement as no one else has done it for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back