EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A bath??? Really???
Again I support neither but thought thisd be a reasonably good premier division match up so went for a look
U (stickey wicket) obviously watched through rose coloured glasses… it was 13 points in the end.. don’t get ahead of yourself… maybe pull back on the P15S
AW got off to a flyer in the 1st 1/4 and that was pretty much the game… before 1/2 time Keilor had lost brand and AW gentile
Did airport west play well of course…
did an undermanned Keilor have a crack certainly.. didn’t realise how many Keilor would be missing until I got there.. no Mitch Ellis (injured) Bailey (suspension) Thomas (illness) Kosmos (vfl) colenso (vfl), ham (injured), brown (vfl)…
When I asked I was told that this was the best and strongest AW team that had been fielded all season..
In saying that we’re the umpires questionable at times throughout the day with their decisions both ways definitely… I’m still scratching my head about a few decisions… both ways
In saying that did AW deserve the win yes is it a wake up call to Keilor certainly because I think they’ve dropped off a bit since I saw them play Pascoe vale at Keilor in the return bout so will be interesting to see where that goes.
Overall a good game either team could have won so I hope AW don’t get too ahead of themselves because even though it was a good win in the club going forward they celebrated like they did their last premiership and there’s a little way to go yet…
Only downer in the day.. when I go to these games I usually stand 1 half with one teams supporters and then the second half with the other teams.. I spent the 1st 1/2 standing in the AW side of the ground in the flat open air part where they have round tables for people to stand with their drinks and during the 1st half I was utterly disgusted with an AW supporter and the vile comments he was making towards the 2 indigenous Keilor players.. older bloke, taller with light brown hair and carrying a little weight in AW apparel and just making unnecessary vile racist comments and the thing that disappointed me most was the other AW supporters just laughing along with him..
If anything GOOD solid win on the field by AW but they are way way behind off the field when it comes to some supporters..
As I said they celebrated like they’d won the flag, yes they’re going in the right direction but still a way off it yet in my opinion
Interesting finals series to come..

How did sales from the white van go for you today snout?
Shithouse clearly. That’s why he’s carrying on like a cry baby

A bath??? Really???
Again I support neither but thought thisd be a reasonably good premier division match up so went for a look
U (stickey wicket) obviously watched through rose coloured glasses… it was 13 points in the end.. don’t get ahead of yourself… maybe pull back on the P15S
AW got off to a flyer in the 1st 1/4 and that was pretty much the game… before 1/2 time Keilor had lost brand and AW gentile
Did airport west play well of course…
did an undermanned Keilor have a crack certainly.. didn’t realise how many Keilor would be missing until I got there.. no Mitch Ellis (injured) Bailey (suspension) Thomas (illness) Kosmos (vfl) colenso (vfl), ham (injured), brown (vfl)…
When I asked I was told that this was the best and strongest AW team that had been fielded all season..
In saying that we’re the umpires questionable at times throughout the day with their decisions both ways definitely… I’m still scratching my head about a few decisions… both ways
In saying that did AW deserve the win yes is it a wake up call to Keilor certainly because I think they’ve dropped off a bit since I saw them play Pascoe vale at Keilor in the return bout so will be interesting to see where that goes.
Overall a good game either team could have won so I hope AW don’t get too ahead of themselves because even though it was a good win in the club going forward they celebrated like they did their last premiership and there’s a little way to go yet…
Only downer in the day.. when I go to these games I usually stand 1 half with one teams supporters and then the second half with the other teams.. I spent the 1st 1/2 standing in the AW side of the ground in the flat open air part where they have round tables for people to stand with their drinks and during the 1st half I was utterly disgusted with an AW supporter and the vile comments he was making towards the 2 indigenous Keilor players.. older bloke, taller with light brown hair and carrying a little weight in AW apparel and just making unnecessary vile racist comments and the thing that disappointed me most was the other AW supporters just laughing along with him..
If anything GOOD solid win on the field by AW but they are way way behind off the field when it comes to some supporters..
As I said they celebrated like they’d won the flag, yes they’re going in the right direction but still a way off it yet in my opinion
Interesting finals series to come..
Totally agree. Great game played in a great spirit by both teams but a huge shame that the above mentioned APW supporter and a couple of his bogan mates decided to ruin it with their racist slurs and I was disappointed no APW official pulled the f'wit into line. Hopefully, the president had a strong word with him after the game. 98% of APW supporters are quality people but if the club lets this white trash, piece of discarded foreskin, get away with the things he was saying, they will slowly erode the trust of the majority of good people who support them. Especially, young families who they'll need to ensure a strong pathway program. On another note, it was a shame to see Ned Gentile go out with a calf injury early. His speed around the contest was dynamic in the first quarter. He's a gun.

For those who can't. The effects on local footy could be huge.

In the wake of a class action against the AFL, two local footy clubs are being sued after their players suffered life-altering injuries from head knocks — and the move could send them into financial ruin.

Community football clubs have been put on notice they are next in the firing line for concussion compensation claims.
Margalit Injury Lawyers – the firm leading the concussion class action against the AFL – has launched the first civil lawsuits against local Victorian clubs on behalf of two players who now suffer life-altering injuries after being exposed to repeated head knocks during matches and training.

The cases in the Supreme Court are expected to set a precedent and open the floodgates for more claims by semi-professional players – a move that could send local clubs into financial ruin.

Ellie Savion from Margalit Injury Lawyers said the spotlight had been on the AFL, but many more players in semi-professional leagues were suffering in silence.

“I’m aware of many, many players who are now suffering from permanent symptoms of concussion after playing in local sport,” Ms Savion said.

“The impacts of repetitive concussions are the same for everyone.

“It doesn’t matter which league you’re playing for, or whether you’re being paid or not paid, someone is still going to suffer the same impacts from repetitive concussions.

“That’s why any club has the same level of responsibility towards a player to protect them from the risks of repetitive concussions and minimise the harm where they can.”

Father of two Troy Courts, 48, is suing Glenroy Football Club after he now suffers probable CTE, describing it as like “torture” with debilitating headaches and mood swings.

He was known to be a fair and brave player for the Wallabies, but like many others, was involved in at least five concussion incidents on the field from 1997 to 2008.

Three of those he returned to the field later in the game, not allowing his brain to recover.

Ms Savion said the Glenroy Football Club paid Mr Courts to play in the Essendon District Football League, and as his employer owed him a duty of care to provide a safe workplace.

“The issue is there was a very strong culture at the time that was known and encouraged by the club that if a player suffered a hit or a concussion during a match, they would tend to return to play in the same match,” Ms Savion said.

“It was considered a badge of honour to come back on after a knock, and there weren’t any concussion protocols being enforced by the club at the time.”

Court documents allege the club failed to provide Mr Courts with adequate concussion testing or medical assessments and treatment, or slap him with a mandatory ban period after concussion incidents.

Clubs would have known of the dangers, the writ claimed, outlining global medical concerns about concussion mismanagement being a risk to player health and safety dating as far back as 1906.

Ms Savion said if the club had implemented the reasonable precautions, Mr Courts would not have suffered his injury.

In a second case that mirrors Mr Courts’, avid footballer Daniel Langborne is seeking damages from Lalor Football Club.

Just weeks after Mr Langborne, 31, welcomed his first child in 2021, he was rushed to hospital and placed in a coma for five days following a brutal hit on the footy field.

His brain suffered severe bleeding, bruising and swelling.

It would end his football career, and change his life forever.

He now has an acquired brain injury with memory loss and an impaired cognitive function.

Both Mr Langborne and Mr Courts are claiming damages for loss of income and loss of earning capacity.

“We’re hoping that these cases will shed some light on the issue of repetitive concussions and just how seriously it can impact on players,” Ms Savion said.

“We’d like to encourage local community clubs to heavily promote and enforce concussion protocols.

“We’d like to see that not only do they enforce the concussion protocols at a community level, but a general shift in the culture and attitude towards concussion and the need to adequately rest a player after they receive a hit.

“Footy is a big, big part of the fabric of our Australian society and of a local community, and we get so much joy out of seeing footballers play.

“We want to see a serious shift in the direction of taking care of our players. At the end of the day, there’s no sport without the players.

“It’s time we made sure that our players are looked after.”

Under current AFL Victoria rules, clubs have no obligation to monitor or report the amount of concussion injuries which have occurred throughout the season.

Despite the game’s governing body mandating a 21-day stand down policy for local players, the AFL’s Concussion Guidelines for Community Football do not require clubs to report to their league.

There is no data available regarding the number of concussions this season.

“We want to continue to create opportunities to better understand the incidence and management of concussion at community level,” an AFL spokesperson told the Herald Sun in May.

An AFL spokesman said the game’s governing body had announced “important developments” in regards to the 21-day stand down period at local level in March.

They did not directly answer questions asked by the Herald Sun as to whether they were concerned about the impact on community clubs of these types of cases.

The AFL did not say whether it was planning for further local footy concussion cases to be brought before the courts.

“The AFL provides extensive resources and education opportunities for community football, including mandatory online education module as part of coach accreditation, free online webinars presented by AFL Medical Director of AFL Community and Talent Pathways, Dr Anik Shawdon and a step-by-step guide to identifying and managing players through a return-to-play program following a concussion,” the spokesperson said.

Turbo
So source tells me that the APW coach apologised to one of the Keilor players after the game for the vitriolic comments from the APW crowd sent his way through the match.
Happy to be proven wrong, but as I understand the APW Coach was disappointed that the supporters vilified a player who left the club at Under 18’s and is now playing at KFC. As I understand, the kid stuck fat with APW, but had no choice to leave until he was told, ‘Find yourself another team’. It’s taken APW many years to bring a team back into that age group.
Now, I could be wrong, but which part of ‘You should have stuck to your roots, you hungry c***t’, is acceptable language when it’s just a game of football?
Rose coloured glasses are amazing things when worn well…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Don’t like losing do you Keilor? I was standing near the club rooms all afternoon and heard nothing of the sort. Maybe you should head over to the club rooms side of an away game and buy a beer, instead of drinking from the white van!!

Don’t like losing do you Keilor? I was standing near the club rooms all afternoon and heard nothing of the sort. Maybe you should head over to the club rooms side of an away game and buy a beer, instead of drinking from the white van!!
If you didn't hear what was being said, primarily by one individual, then you weren't standing anywhere near the club rooms. He was so loud I could hear him from the fence near the player's gate. His little band of sycophant side kicks just laughed along like a bunch of slack-jawed hillbillies. Exactly the type of supporters APW can do without.

Totally agree. Great game played in a great spirit by both teams but a huge shame that the above mentioned APW supporter and a couple of his bogan mates decided to ruin it with their racist slurs and I was disappointed no APW official pulled the f'wit into line. Hopefully, the president had a strong word with him after the game. 98% of APW supporters are quality people but if the club lets this white trash, piece of discarded foreskin, get away with the things he was saying, they will slowly erode the trust of the majority of good people who support them. Especially, young families who they'll need to ensure a strong pathway program. On another note, it was a shame to see Ned Gentile go out with a calf injury early. His speed around the contest was dynamic in the first quarter. He's a gun.

'Racist slurs'

'White trash'

:think:

Some interesting going’s on at Keilor with players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That comment was in jest by a non keilor person. However seen another comment somewhere from some idiot saying keilor had heaps out or rested them. That’s absolute BS. They were almost at full strength or no worse off at this time of year than others including APW. Let’s give them credit.
On APW ground surely the council could put a fence up behind the goals at the club room end. Council always look after some clubs more than others. Good celebration post game by APW put up on socials. 👌
Let’s not kid ourselves. They weren’t at full strength at all. Played a handful of regular 2’s blokes.

Played at DP last year, ripper bloke and hard at it.

SWOOPINGTIME
Sure is good old school footballer tuff been injured but big in for apw when his back dropped for points at deer park an replaced by levi greenwood and this year been injured his fine in this division

Played at DP last year, ripper bloke and hard at it.

SWOOPINGTIME

Was dropped for Deer Parks finals last season, and hasn’t set the world on fire at APW.

Hasn't been dropped at all been injured twice an brought back a game threw the 2s yes he started slow but what I've seen an heard from apw well liked an when fit un injured has played good
Fair enough. The couple games I’ve watched he’s been well off the pace, maybe was carrying an injury. I stand by comment he is a bit slow for Premier mid, and he doesn’t play anywhere else. RDFL/Div.1 he is a good player and impacts physically

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back