EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally agree. Great game played in a great spirit by both teams but a huge shame that the above mentioned APW supporter and a couple of his bogan mates decided to ruin it with their racist slurs and I was disappointed no APW official pulled the f'wit into line. Hopefully, the president had a strong word with him after the game. 98% of APW supporters are quality people but if the club lets this white trash, piece of discarded foreskin, get away with the things he was saying, they will slowly erode the trust of the majority of good people who support them. Especially, young families who they'll need to ensure a strong pathway program. On another note, it was a shame to see Ned Gentile go out with a calf injury early. His speed around the contest was dynamic in the first quarter. He's a gun.
Let’s get this straight I don’t support either team was just there to see a good game of premier division footy especially with APW on the up and playing good footy.. I wanted to see how’d they’d fair against the yardstick and they were very good.. really good,
unfortunately gentile got injured early
Thanks bigfatkev and hairycoo for backing up what I heard I appreciate it and agree with you that it was terrible some of the things that were said by 1 APW supporter.. if it’s true about the APW coach apologising to players afterwards maybe that adds weight to what I said And that we heard
To turbos mail and can play this game I didn’t pot the APW crowd besides 1 bloke and the people around him ( probably 4 other of his inbred mates from what I saw) who obviously condoned his comments because they were happy to laugh along with him and support him comments.. overall the APW supporters were great encouraging their team and getting behind them as you would expect… as were keilors supporters it was just this small group of APW hillbillies that will probably go home and eye off the neighbours pet..
The only reason why I said APW were at full strength is because they had done so well in the 1st 1/4 I asked a supporter how many players they might be missing and was told they were at full strength… I can only go on that.. if they were missing the players that were listed I really hope that they make the finals because I think the series will be a lot more interesting with APW in rather than Greenvale and in saying that APW can have a big impact on how things play out especially if they are at full strength with those that have been listed that weren’t playing yesterday
hence in the second 1/2 I went and stood over the Keilor side of the ground and asked the same question of a supporter and was given names and reasons as to my post…. What more can I say…
In saying that APW were the better team on the day and deserved a well earned win but at times had trouble shaking off Keilor.. fact
it’s unfortunate players from both teams got injuries…
In relation to the Keilor v Strathmore girls game and whatever went on there got no idea can’t help you I wasn’t there and don’t support either. Maybe contact either club and ask..

Last edited by a moderator:

Let’s get this straight I don’t support either team was just there to see a good game of premier division footy especially with APW on the up and playing good footy.. I wanted to see how’d they’d fair against the yardstick and they were very good.. really good,
Thanks bigfatkev and hairycoo for backing up what I heard I appreciate it and agree with you that it was terrible some of the things that were said by 1 APW supporter.. if it’s true about the APW coach apologising to players afterwards maybe that adds weight to what I said And that we heard
To turbos mail and can play this game I didn’t pot the APW crowd besides 1 bloke and the people around him ( probably 4 other of his inbred mates from what I saw) who obviously condoned his comments because they were happy to laugh along with him and support him comments.. overall the APW supporters were great encouraging their team and getting behind them as you would expect… as were keilors supporters it was just this small group of APW hillbillies that will probably go home and eye off the neighbours pet..
The only reason why I said APW were at full strength is because they had done so well in the 1st 1/4 I asked a supporter how many players they might be missing and was told they were at full strength… I can only go on that.. if they were missing the players that were listed I really hope that they make the finals because I think the series will be a lot more interesting with APW in rather than Greenvale and in saying that APW can have a big impact on how things play out especially if they are at full strength with those that have been listed that weren’t playing yesterday
hence in the second 1/2 I went and stood over the Keilor side of the ground and asked the same question of a supporter and was given names and reasons as to my post…. What more can I say…
In saying that APW were the better team on the day and deserved a well earned win but at times had trouble shaking off Keilor.. fact
In relation to the Keilor v Strathmore girls game and whatever went on there got no idea can’t help you I wasn’t there and don’t support either. Maybe contact either club and ask..
Airport West have recruited well and I did predict early on that they would be a dangerous side. They have learnt there lesson on recruiting VFL listed players. Mick Edwards definitely in best 22 and they can afford the luxury of bringing him in through the ressies that’s a good system to success. APW always been a pretty good club.

Not directed at you, but I’m not defending any idiot that is racist at the footy but EVERY clubs have the odd imbecile even the Keilors buddy..We can only hope the club tells him his not wanted at any further games.

Please name the keilor outs from last weeks side? I’m sick of reading and hearing excuses. APW to good by the sounds!!

Yes it’s great for the division to see this victory by APW but when is the hierarchy going to look into the divide in the junior footy. Until such time as that is fixed up footy at local level is totally stuffed. The points system needs to cover clubs recruiting, buying, enticing young kids from clubs to the bigger clubs. These kids must be 3 or 4 points when they get to senior footy no matter how many games they have played if they previously played 10-12s footy (or say 30 games) at there another club nearby. Otherwise the big clubs will only get bigger.
Yes I hear all the BS about other clubs should improve there junior system’s but when clubs are offering young kids incentives (yes some it’s $$) then that’s going to far in my book!!

Cheers,
Turbo

Last edited by a moderator:
Been dropped twice this season. Fraction to slow for Premier
He is not too slow at all. He has awesome closing speed and hits the ball as hard and fast as anyone at centre bounces. Don't let the large thighs confuse you he is super quick across the gorund and with hand and feet. I feel his stint at apw would be more about him being quite an introvert rather than a look at me apw type.

A neutral supporter hey. Pull the other one.

He is not too slow at all. He has awesome closing speed and hits the ball as hard and fast as anyone at centre bounces. Don't let the large thighs confuse you he is super quick across the gorund and with hand and feet. I feel his stint at apw would be more about him being quite an introvert rather than a look at me apw type.
100%well said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deer Park V Strathmore was an interesting game of football. 25 point win to Strathmore. Strathmore are not much chop in my view and have far too many players who seem more interested in their appearance and perceived ability rather than actually playing well. Take no 4 off the field today and Deer Park win comfortably. No 6 for Strathmore is not a player you want to place your faith in and takes his eye off the ball under pressure. Umpires were quite good today which is terrific. No 10 for Strathmore crunched the fence during play and I had a terrible feeling he was severely injured but much to mine and everyones suprise he regained his feet took a spell and played out the game which in my assessment was a tremendous effort by No 10. Captain of Deer Park is surely in the EDFL team of the year and probably captain as he leads by example and is electric with ball in hand, rarely misses shot at goal and is a tackling machine. Food was A grade as usual and the playing surface was first class.
* I just noticed Strathmore named Dumont as 2nd best player. Laughable he was soundly beaten by Grogan and didn't influence the game at all. Strathmore probably trying to give the lad some confidence but this might indicate an intrinsic issue at this club.
No 6 for strathmore is not a player that looks over his shoulder. Tough as they come. I have watched him play and I'm not a strathmore person.

Well no. 2. plus there’s a couple of others. Maybe a Samoan name or something like that. Point is, when their VFL stars come back, it won’t matter. The K-Dogs by 10+ goals on GF day.
If they qualify and if there VFL team isn’t in finals. Plus if they carry points that could be trouble brewing.

Hey buddy you are definitely a keilor person and no neutral follower just walking around the grounds. In fact I’m a neutral in this situation..

My mail from a very close source has told me. They was some words said to this player as he has played at a number of clubs in this competition so surely he would expect it. His 7 points as a player..There was some words like you can get on a Saturday arvo at metro footy free admission, but I’m told NONE of it was racist in any way. Personally couldn’t see APW putting up with that as they are often a team supporting different cultures. The other vocal issue you mentioned had come from a small group of teenagers and they were told to “zip it”. Apparently the player and the supporter you mentioned sorted things out post game over a beer so it was all fine. I think you have clearly blown this out to suit.

Oh and I heard the white bus couldn’t get around the ground. Any truth 😄😄

Hey buddy you are definitely a keilor person and no neutral follower just walking around the grounds. In fact I’m a neutral in this situation..

My mail from a very close source has told me. They was some words said to this player as he has played at a number of clubs in this competition so surely he would expect it. His 7 points as a player..There was some words like you can get on a Saturday arvo at metro footy free admission, but I’m told NONE of it was racist in any way. Personally couldn’t see APW putting up with that as they are often a team supporting different cultures. The other vocal issue you mentioned had come from a small group of teenagers and they were told to “zip it”. Apparently the player and the supporter you mentioned sorted things out post game over a beer so it was all fine. I think you have clearly blown this out to suit.

Oh and I heard the white bus couldn’t get around the ground. Any truth 😄😄
How come you can’t accept there is multiple witness that have confirmed the language from a APW supporter ? And for the coach to address it post game probably tells you! No suprises there Brent Taylor is a quality human.

No 6 for strathmore is not a player that looks over his shoulder. Tough as they come. I have watched him play and I'm not a strathmore person.
I wouldn't be taking too much notice of Longblow's comments. He's a Big Footy troll. He is continually making outrageous statements in order to get a reaction. His football knowledge is limited, and his Deer Park bias overtakes his judgment in most posts. The fact that he's singled out Ben Holian (no 6) is pretty much confirmation that Holian played well enough to cause Deer Park grief on Saturday. He does it with many opposition players who play well against DP. However, he does seem to have more than a casual obsession with football club canteens which may be where his prowess should be directed, if he can find a forum for take-away food outlets.

How come you can’t accept there is multiple witness that have confirmed the language from a APW supporter ? And for the coach to address it post game probably tells you! No suprises there Brent Taylor is a quality human.
Multiple witnesses all from Keilor Gremlin. Cmon I have the mail from someone within the APW group and was in that area. The player did cop some words but his been to 3 EDFL premier clubs in 3 years and was at APW so surely he expects some banter from over the fence. But they tell me strongly it was no way racism.
They should take the loss and move on..

Also hearing Keilor only had a few out from the best side they had available so that’s another throw away line.

PS: In past years I’ve heard some foul stuff from Keilor supporters as well as other clubs so they do it as well. It comes with local footy with no admission fees and alcohol sales. Well even if you have pay you can still obviously get it from spectators but anyone can come along and bring their own beers.

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back