EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t why people get enjoyment out of watching clubs, people, whoever fail. With out all clubs the whole system fails. We need Prem Div, Div 1 and Div2 and 3rds and female teams and juniors.

Good on EK for trying to get started for 2025.

I reckon there’s one bloke on here that’s changed his profile several times and now gets off on the failure of the EKFC.

Teams win teams sports, individuals don’t win teams sports.

I’m getting on EDFC, PV and APW to shake things up in 2025.

I don’t why people get enjoyment out of watching clubs, people, whoever fail. With out all clubs the whole system fails. We need Prem Div, Div 1 and Div2 and 3rds and female teams and juniors.

I reckon there’s one bloke on here that’s changed his profile several times and now gets off on the failure of the EKFC.

Well said and he ain’t fooling anyone

Pascoe Vale throwing money at Sam Weideman, Brayden Pruess and are in communication against Strathmore for Caleb Marchbanks signature. Looking to replace the Watson sized hole.

Vavra also a no show at the BNF. Expect him to be looking at offers elsewhere. Few division 2 Eastern sides throwing big sign on fee offers towards the the Griff’s ruckman.

West Coburg in talks with Digby Morrell as they look at get over the hump.
Given Pacco have points issues and they've also lost a few 1 point players its almost certain they cant fit in even 2 of those bokes.

Let's hope so because the Comp has been dull and boring last 10 years due to the dominance of 3 teams!

Chatfield full time at DP is huge, seen him play a handful of times now. Gun. Kind of don’t blame him, if you are not going to get drafted what’s the point of playing VFL when local is 4x the pay and footy is only a short term thing. You would think the second highest level of competition would still pay decent like it does at college level in US for example

Chatfield full time at DP is huge, seen him play a handful of times now. Gun. Kind of don’t blame him, if you are not going to get drafted what’s the point of playing VFL when local is 4x the pay and footy is only a short term thing. You would think the second highest level of competition would still pay decent like it does at college level in US for example
I know him well, he's a great pick-up for Deer Park & will no doubt be well compensated for his time.

What would be the average vfl wage be? Anyone know? Genuinely curious

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What would be the average vfl wage be? Anyone know? Genuinely curious

$200-$250. $300 if your taking the piss.

Not even worth getting injured for that if you ask me especially if these players are tradies. For the second highest competition its embarrassing.

$200-$250. $300 if your taking the piss.

Not even worth getting injured for that if you ask me especially if these players are tradies. For the second highest competition its embarrassing.

Yeah that’s nothing, add the fact there are teams not in vic as well. So travel too. Would want to hope flights are paid for..

The league is definitely centred around being AFL-listed players and young blokes out of the U18s looking to get drafted. There’s not many others playing in it.

There are a few, some guys are genuinely competitive types who get off on playing the best possible standard and competing, so they do that instead of playing with mates or cash. Good luck to them but if you’re not that driven, the VFL doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Most of the younger guys last a few years, it takes it a while to get out of their system that they’re not being drafted and don’t have an AFL future. A lot of these kids have been superstar juniors and have had people (sometimes incl their parents) pissing in their ear for ten years telling them they’re going to be AFL players. So obviously it takes a while for them to get back to reality and it’s often not even their own fault, it’s just the expectations they’ve grown up with.

Yeah that’s nothing, add the fact there are teams not in vic as well. So travel too. Would want to hope flights are paid for..

Yeah the travel is paid for, as it should be. But still 2nd tier level in europe for soccer and america for all their sports is enough to be a full time job... VFL cant pay for groceries.

chaos you are spot on. VFL players getting massive unders compared to what some ordinary local level guys can get. unsure what the answer is but as long as our comp and others continue to have many players on 4 figure sums per game the vfl will continue to struggle to attract the calibre of player it should.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct
Werribee Districts have a chance now we are gone .... Heavily backed favorite and failed to get over the line in the granny .... Is that great culture ? Or W.A.P

Winning premiership cups and drinking out of them can slap me in the face all day long .....
Weren't you locked up for the last three ?

chaos you are spot on. VFL players getting massive unders compared to what some ordinary local level guys can get. unsure what the answer is but as long as our comp and others continue to have many players on 4 figure sums per game the vfl will continue to struggle to attract the calibre of player it should.
Because VFL stay within the cap that’s the main reason there is more $$ in local.. wake up everyone

Correct
Werribee Districts have a chance now we are gone .... Heavily backed favorite and failed to get over the line in the granny .... Is that great culture ? Or W.A.P

Winning premiership cups and drinking out of them can slap me in the face all day long .....
What number did you wear?

Doesn’t change my point, second biggest comp needs a higher cap then lol
From the VFL Website,

The VFL salary cap is as follows:
VFL Stand Alone Clubs $220,000 Total
AFL Aligned Clubs $110,000 Total

VFL Stand Alone lists are 28 Primary Players
12 Development Players
Total 40 Players

AFL Aligned Lists are 15 Primary Players
15 Development Players
Total 30 Players