EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How many sides are there in the state that would be on par with Keilor?
They are 2019 premiers but it’s a new year and anyone is equal come round 1. After all we are talking about practice match form. The difference with Keilor is there coach is a class above most others imo. As someone mentioned once maybe Anthony Rock is comparable but gee his coaching makes a huge difference.

They are 2019 premiers but it’s a new year and anyone is equal come round 1. After all we are talking about practice match form. The difference with Keilor is there coach is a class above most others imo. As someone mentioned once maybe Anthony Rock is comparable but gee his coaching makes a huge difference.

Disagree - many components bring success & the list is elite for local level.
Committee
Match Committee lead by possibly the best coach in local football
Junior Program
Volunteers

Disrespectful to not be acknowledging & respecting Keilor for the collective efforts of all involved. The loyalty of the playing group stems over a long period and not just this era. Just look at how many juniors are returning this season.

Well Done Keilor as a benchmark for others I say....

Disagree - many components bring success & the list is elite for local level.
Committee
Match Committee lead by possibly the best coach in local football
Junior Program
Volunteers

Disrespectful to not be acknowledging & respecting Keilor for the collective efforts of all involved. The loyalty of the playing group stems over a long period and not just this era. Just look at how many juniors are returning this season.

Well Done Keilor as a benchmark for others I say....
some excellent points you make but l want to know how they get so many star players to play for peanuts so the salary cap is not exceeded

some excellent points you make but l want to know how they get so many star players to play for peanuts so the salary cap is not exceeded
I am not a huge Keillor fan but I would think that playing at a well run club and successful one with one of the best suburban coaches going around , good facilities and playing in front of a decent crowd every second week would be a good start to get a player to sign on

I am not a huge Keillor fan but I would think that playing at a well run club and successful one with one of the best suburban coaches going around , good facilities and playing in front of a decent crowd every second week would be a good start to get a player to sign on
agree that its a good start but thats exactly what it is .. a start. There are lots of good clubs out there who all want the star players and proven performers. when players put themselves out there for $$$$$$ then it makes no sense that those asking for the big $$$$$ at other clubs can be playing for peanuts. You would need to have your head in the sand to think all clubs dont know the going rates $$$$$ for players. We are all in the same marketplace. The problem is proving it but one day it will all come out. loose lips sink ships. I dont know the minimum match payment at keilor but lets say $150 in line with many others. Salary cap is $5-500 a round. 22 players at $150 = $3,300 leaving $2,200 to distribute amongst your stars. No way but thats my opinion.

ha ha ha , you are delusional.... Just like the rest of the clubs that can do it they pay by:
1. Employment organised through the Club, elevated Salary in that employment. eg. Instead of the Sponsor giving the club $15K, add $15k to the player Salary
2. Player receiving work on homes without having to pay

the SALARY CAP is a total waste of time, too many ways to manipulate, best to scrap it as all it does it make everyone complain about it(who is not rorting it) - For pete's sake , have a look at EK in B Grade!!!!!

IT'S NOT A RORT IF YOU'RE INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

The coach is the major attraction, so for 80K it's a great investment.

ha ha ha , you are delusional.... Just like the rest of the clubs that can do it they pay by:
1. Employment organised through the Club, elevated Salary in that employment. eg. Instead of the Sponsor giving the club $15K, add $15k to the player Salary
2. Player receiving work on homes without having to pay

the SALARY CAP is a total waste of time, too many ways to manipulate, best to scrap it as all it does it make everyone complain about it(who is not rorting it) - For pete's sake , have a look at EK in B Grade!!!!!

IT'S NOT A RORT IF YOU'RE INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Survey you need to understand what you read before throwing stones . No where in my previous statement did I mention anything about salary caps ,money being paid and rorting . I just mentioned what would be starting points in attracting players to a club .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree that its a good start but thats exactly what it is .. a start. There are lots of good clubs out there who all want the star players and proven performers. when players put themselves out there for $$$$$$ then it makes no sense that those asking for the big $$$$$ at other clubs can be playing for peanuts. You would need to have your head in the sand to think all clubs dont know the going rates $$$$$ for players. We are all in the same marketplace. The problem is proving it but one day it will all come out. loose lips sink ships. I dont know the minimum match payment at keilor but lets say $150 in line with many others. Salary cap is $5-500 a round. 22 players at $150 = $3,300 leaving $2,200 to distribute amongst your stars. No way but thats my opinion.
Dandy Great points but with the EDFL being a toothless tiger no one will ever find out the truth unfortunately it will always just be hear say and innuendo

True but they also still want to be paid for it.

Sorry to disgree Turbo but west coburg played 5 boys in seniors on saturday from 2019 u17s team against Strathmore. They are getting there chances and moving forward with some club culture and not club swapping. who knows where it may end up?. BTW those boys were not disgraced against Strathmore a game played in 4 quarters of pouring rain. Even if juniors are not in premier comp it matters not for a boy with ability. places like West Coburg and Taylors lakes will push young guys coming through. the other day there was talk of Abers 19s winning flag in 2019. how many of those boys do you think will play premier seniors this year at Abers? Go to a club who will give you opportunities were your words. I think the opportunities for progress are not necessarily at premier level but elsewhere . yes players can return but that can mean a couple of wasted years.
on your other point vfl clubs tell recruits where they cant play if they want to stay on a vfl list.
Hey Dandy, that’s great to hear mate. I am an advocate for clubs playing young homegrown kids so well done to WC.
My point was more around kids on a TAC cup list and not a regular selection. Think these kids need to be playing the best standard 18/19 level they can. Just my opinion mate that’s all.

All the best to WC as they have gone forward and May proving a great appointment. 👍

Also like the thinking to recruit someone like Dunn and promote youth rather than recruit 3-4 has beens and pay them huge $$. Great system for forward movement 👍

Hey Dandy, that’s great to hear mate. I am an advocate for clubs playing young homegrown kids so well done to WC.
My point was more around kids on a TAC cup list and not a regular selection. Think these kids need to be playing the best standard 18/19 level they can. Just my opinion mate that’s all.

All the best to WC as they have gone forward and May proving a great appointment. 👍

Also like the thinking to recruit someone like Dunn and promote youth rather than recruit 3-4 has beens and pay them huge $$. Great system for forward movement 👍
Hope they're not paying Archer and the other bloke they got back from Pacco then , wouldn't call them has beens as they never have done anything!!!!

That is a really big call. Not all the top 4 clubs in the EDFL come anywhere near Keillor, let alone all clubs in the VAFA Premier.

I think it is indisputable that the VAFA Prem league is a step above EDFL, especially since the salary cap and points system came into place which has pushed most of the ex AFL and VFL players towards the offerings available at VAFA clubs and away from suburban. IMO if Keilor were put in the VAFA they would probably finish just above relegation but couldn't see them challenging any of the big teams like SKOBS, Uni Blues, Collegians or Xavs.

Totally agree with you also the tac level clubs also dicktate to the junior clubs where they want their players to play and regularly tell player form lower div clubs that to advance their footy they need to be [playing in a div one side .

Darren Bewick’s boy gone from Airport West to Strathmore.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hope they're not paying Archer and the other bloke they got back from Pacco then , wouldn't call them has beens as they never have done anything!!!!
pretty harsh but all l will say is that these guys are back at a club they like and maybe save your opinion that they have never done anything until the end of the year. Also find it strange other clubs ever bothered to recruit them if they had never done anything. Probably suggests your opinion is ill informed.

thats a big wrap for greenvale junior program NOT
Cmon mate. Junior players will go where they have friends at. Just because his dad is coaching GV doesn’t mean his kid should play there. It happens regularly. Let’s also remember coaches cone and go so juniors are seperate. Actually think GV junior program is well run looking in from outside. Never had any issues with there behavoir.
I’m sure there President or commitee speak to parents prior to season as there crowd is genuinely well behaved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back