EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

OK , Ladder prediction

Jets - Quality recruiting and well coached
Keilor -Ditto
Abers - Club is not strong enough to go back to back. We saw last year even with a coach like that, the superior playing list even Abers couldn't stuff that up
Mores/Pacco - Toss a coin
Then the rest , doesn't matter as the top 5 are streets ahead

Wooden Spoon - APW , just don't have the players and big ??? over the coaching appointment

Good luck to all

OK , Ladder prediction

Keilor -Ditto
Abers - Club is not strong enough to go back to back. We saw last year even with a coach like that, the superior playing list even Abers couldn't stuff that up

Wooden Spoon - APW , just don't have the players and big ??? over the coaching appointment

Good luck to all

Whats the big ?? over the coaching appointment ? from the outside looking in i would of thought Cupido was a good get ? is that not the case ?

OK , Ladder prediction

Keilor -Ditto

Good luck to all

Abers
Jets
Mores keilor and pacco just behind but nearly blanket the three

But will be more even top 4/5 and premier division except for APW way behind everyone

Abers
Jets
Mores keilor and pacco just behind but nearly blanket the three

But will be more even top 4/5 and premier division except for APW way behind everyone
Didn't Keilor beat Pacco by 10 or so goals in semi final last year ? Add Galea (80+ goals) you'd think, Cartelli B & F winner last year, Tanner (rep player) , Possibly Luke Mcguane and a couple more still to be announced . Add to that Pacco losing Vespremi , Caruso and no Hardingham. Can't see how these teams can't be split. Strathmore should be a threat but a lot of their signings need to show they can play consistent games. The 4 looks done already.

Didn't Keilor beat Pacco by 10 or so goals in semi final last year ? Add Galea (80+ goals) you'd think, Cartelli B & F winner last year, Tanner (rep player) , Possibly Luke Mcguane and a couple more still to be announced . Add to that Pacco losing Vespremi , Caruso and no Hardingham. Can't see how these teams can't be split. Strathmore should be a threat but a lot of their signings need to show they can play consistent games. The 4 looks done already.

Have you forgotten when both sides had limited injuries early in the season, that Pacco beat Keilor at Keilor. In all honesty you can forget the margin of that semi final, as Pacco were pretty depleted.
But agree Keilor have some good ins, but if you think Keilor will beat Pacco by more than 10 goals based on your theory, then let's mark Keilor down for premiers.. Lol

Have you forgotten when both sides had limited injuries early in the season, that Pacco beat Keilor at Keilor. In all honesty you can forget the margin of that semi final, as Pacco were pretty depleted.
But agree Keilor have some good ins, but if you think Keilor will beat Pacco by more than 10 goals based on your theory, then let's mark Keilor down for premiers.. Lol
Now Turbo I know you have ties to Pacco and for the record I have zero ties with any team in metro footy. Looking at last years results Pacco at the half way mark were 8w 1 L 226% .At seasons end 13w 6 L with % about 138. Avondale turned a 87point 1st round drubbing into a 23 point win in round 10. That in anyone's language is a huge turnaround . Keilors finals shellacking wasn't surprising and only rammed homed how poor Paccos 2nd half of the season was. This on top of the Ins and Outs don't suggest Keilor will win the flag just that Pacco Won't .

Now Turbo I know you have ties to Pacco and for the record I have zero ties with any team in metro footy. Looking at last years results Pacco at the half way mark were 8w 1 L 226% .At seasons end 13w 6 L with % about 138. Avondale turned a 87point 1st round drubbing into a 23 point win in round 10. That in anyone's language is a huge turnaround . Keilors finals shellacking wasn't surprising and only rammed homed how poor Paccos 2nd half of the season was. This on top of the Ins and Outs don't suggest Keilor will win the flag just that Pacco Won't .
Oh I get now .... There's only ins for Keilor and nobody else recruited , that's what your dreaming ......

Oh I get now .... There's only ins for Keilor and nobody else recruited , that's what your dreaming ......
When did I say no one else has recruited? I made a response to an earlier post regarding throwing a blanket over Keilor and Pascoe Vale. Logic tells me Keilor will finish higher unless you or anyone else can tell me where Pacco will improve . All I've heard are players are leaving. Just some sense will do

When did I say no one else has recruited? I made a response to an earlier post regarding throwing a blanket over Keilor and Pascoe Vale. Logic tells me Keilor will finish higher unless you or anyone else can tell me where Pacco will improve . All I've heard are players are leaving. Just some sense will do

Hey Bully, I'm trying not to get dragged into to many debates but as your a good poster I will fill you in.
In EDFL premier the quality of the ruckman going around is to notch, especially in the better preformed teams. So the main reason for the difference was Pacco lost there ruckman mid year and really struggled in that area against the quality rucks, hence the results against teams like Keilor & AH in the back half of the season. Pacco just had no luck with injuries in the second half and really hobbled into the finals. I'm not making excuses but in the comp you must have a good ruckman and some sides even have 2 good ones. It starts from the centre and if you win enough clearances your half a chance. I'm not saying it changes the results but it at least makes you more competitive. Credit to the other side's.
This year Pacco have addressed this issue and by playing finals it gives them a good base to continuing building and hopefully improve again in 2016.

Losing a few players is not good but it happens to all clubs. There are reasons of course why players leave hence why some clubs want the points system in. But you move on and recruit to cover your losses and try and get the "right" mix.

Cheers!!

With the Essendon saga do we think crowds in the EDFL will increase this season??

It's a shame the ex Essendon players like Hardingham can't play local footy, as I'm sure it would have attracted some extra supporters to the league.
Staying on this subject I think it's disappointing these ex players cannot be involved in some capacity like coaching etc, as think the AFL needs to look at this as its a big change in people's life when the AFL is over. Yes give them a penalty but why lose them to grassroots footy altogether. I'm sure the likes of Hardingham, Davis, Dyson and co would be great developing younger players coming up or assisting with the juniors..

I think that some Essendon supporters will get their footy fix by heading by heading down to their local footy club and the suspensions may seem a little stiff but once it was proven that they'd done the wrong thing it wouldn't be fair on the rest of the suspended players if they were able to play etc.

Hey Bully, I'm trying not to get dragged into to many debates but as your a good poster I will fill you in.
In EDFL premier the quality of the ruckman going around is to notch, especially in the better preformed teams. So the main reason for the difference was Pacco lost there ruckman mid year and really struggled in that area against the quality rucks, hence the results against teams like Keilor & AH in the back half of the season. Pacco just had no luck with injuries in the second half and really hobbled into the finals. I'm not making excuses but in the comp you must have a good ruckman and some sides even have 2 good ones. It starts from the centre and if you win enough clearances your half a chance. I'm not saying it changes the results but it at least makes you more competitive. Credit to the other side's.
This year Pacco have addressed this issue and by playing finals it gives them a good base to continuing building and hopefully improve again in 2016.

Losing a few players is not good but it happens to all clubs. There are reasons of course why players leave hence why some clubs want the points system in. But you move on and recruit to cover your losses and try and get the "right" mix.

Cheers!!
You make some good points turbo and fully appreciate your knowledge of your competition and passion for your club . As I've previously stated I have no allegiance to any club and hope Pacco can build on 2015 however the decline from mid season was so dramatic added to loss of some key players they'd need everything to go right to be thereabouts again. If any club rely too much on any 1 or 2 players the depth just isn't good enough and you'll get found out more often than not. Reading between the lines I see any of 4 clubs capable of winning the flag with Pacco , Avondale and Douttas to keep them honest then the other 3 a fair way off. It's only my opinion Tigertony and it's made with some knowledge and experience but it's far from gospel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do ppl think a different coach could help pacco? A lot of talent on that list. They seem like flat track bullies

Mate I think someone like Hardingham would be a great asset to any club in the country. I guess I do understand your question and it has some merit. But that could be said about a lot of clubs over the years in that they didn't meet expectations. But they did make some big improvements in 2015 and looking to improve again.

Mate I think someone like Hardingham would be a great asset to any club in the country. I guess I do understand your question and it has some merit. But that could be said about a lot of clubs over the years in that they didn't meet expectations. But they did make some big improvements in 2015 and looking to improve again.
I think with contessa coaching they will improve. He seems be a very astute coach. He won 3 flags in his first 3 yrs of coaching then took a side the got promoted to 3rd in his 4th year.
He could be the difference in them winning a final this season.
For the record
2 reserves flags @ Bundoora
1 senior flag @ APW divy 2
3rd @ APW in divy 1
His first 4 yrs of coaching

APW sign Troy West. The ex AFL player has recently been playing at Northcote Park and before that St Albans. Interesting to see how he goes against some of the ruckman in EDFL, but it seems APW is having a crack at some players.

APW sign Troy West. The ex AFL player has recently been playing at Northcote Park and before that St Albans. Interesting to see how he goes against some of the ruckman in EDFL, but it seems APW is having a crack at some players.

Troy West was Scott Wests older brother who was a PE teacher at PEGS 20 years ago. Impressive if he's playing Seniors at 50 odd

Speaking of players having a crack at APW - Big Clayton Rogers playing game 300 Round 1- well done to the big fella- staunch

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back