EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I think with contessa coaching they will improve. He seems be a very astute coach. He won 3 flags in his first 3 yrs of coaching then took a side the got promoted to 3rd in his 4th year.
He could be the difference in them winning a final this season.
For the record
2 reserves flags @ Bundoora
1 senior flag @ APW divy 2
3rd @ APW in divy 1
His first 4 yrs of coaching

Ok let's move on hey! Any news out Coburg way? How will they go this year?

Darren Pfeiffer (ex Carlton/Adelaide) as well.
Good to see them recruiting well.

Eds quick off the mark with their clearances. No real surprises as names already mentioned previously on BF but agree, good to see some quality recruits.

Pacco put a clearance in for Darren Haby any news on how the big fella is travelling. Seems to be a bit of a journey man chasing some coin. 3rd club in 3 years. This points situation could be interesting.

Pacco put a clearance in for Darren Haby any news on how the big fella is travelling. Seems to be a bit of a journey man chasing some coin. 3rd club in 3 years. This points situation could be interesting.
I wouldn't think he'd be going for coin, unless Pacco pay their 2's players.

I wouldn't think he'd be going for coin, unless Pacco pay their 2's players.

Haby is travelling well at the moment and really enjoying himself. Don't think his a journey man as its only his second club since leaving his junior club excluding his VFL time. Your incorrect, in that Haby has done the opposite to some players and taking up the opportunity to challenge himself in the strong EDFL premier comp.

Pushtothecone, your entitled to your opinion but give him some credit mate. His a definite senior player and in a good side I'm sure you will see his talent. The guy has played senior VFL but has been plagued by injuries over recent seasons. Very versatile player who can back, forward or even in the middle.

The other thing is Haby is a good guy and has a great attitude, and is a well liked guy around the club. Very well mannered person and all going well has a bright future at Pacco for years to come.

Haby is travelling well at the moment and really enjoying himself. Don't think his a journey man as its only his second club since leaving his junior club excluding his VFL time. Your incorrect, in that Haby has done the opposite to some players and taking up the opportunity to challenge himself in the strong EDFL premier comp.

Pushtothecone, your entitled to your opinion but give him some credit mate. His a definite senior player and in a good side I'm sure you will see his talent. The guy has played senior VFL but has been plagued by injuries over recent seasons. Very versatile player who can back, forward or even in the middle.

The other thing is Haby is a good guy and has a great attitude, and is a well liked guy around the club. Very well mannered person and all going well has a bright future at Pacco for years to come.
Predicted response from you Turbo, and you're entitled to your opinion as well. My guess is that he will play more than 50% in the 2's if Pacco are going as well as you claim on here. Time will tell.

He's played for a few years out at Sunshine since leaving Melton.
He didn't exactly set the world on fire when playing for Melton but he's obviously got some ability having played some senior footy at Werribee.

Only played a handful of games at seinor level VFL. Be interesting to see how he goes as has struggled his last couple of years.

Justin Taylor gone. Interesting player gone from the mids added a bit of physicality in there.

What other the other pick ups.

Any news from Keilor. Heard a few have moved on.

He's played for a few years out at Sunshine since leaving Melton.
He didn't exactly set the world on fire when playing for Melton but he's obviously got some ability having played some senior footy at Werribee.

Hey BJ, to be fair Melton were struggling a bit during those years and he was there main forward and was pretty young. Put him in a decent side and just allow him play his part I'm sure he will be more than handy..

Hey BJ, to be fair Melton were struggling a bit during those years and he was there main forward and was pretty young. Put him in a decent side and just allow him play his part I'm sure he will be more than handy..

Hope his worth the 4 or 5 point player for being is 3rd club in 3 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My apologies if it came across as knocking him. I was actually attempting to be balanced in my appraisal.
He'll provide Paco with a bit of versatility with his ability to play forward and ruck a bit too.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Havent heard much from West Coburg, Marby Park any updates

WCFC have a few good ins, however don't know all the names or correct spelling. Losing Tom Drake to Hillside, Jesse Marano to Marby and maybe the Akkari brother to Coburg Districts.

WCFC have a few good ins, however don't know all the names or correct spelling. Losing Tom Drake to Hillside, Jesse Marano to Marby and maybe the Akkari brother to Coburg Districts.
Jesse Morano would be a lost 20 plus goals last year and akkari boys added that bit of physicality they added to there group

Jesse Morano would be a lost 20 plus goals last year and akkari boys added that bit of physicality they added to there group

When Jesse is on song and his confidence is up, his a very good player. The kid has plenty of potential, just needs work on bridging the gap between his best and worst. Wish him all the best, champion bloke as well.
Akkari brothers do add a bit of physicality, however don't think that's something the West Coburg players lack. Hopefully they change their mind and finish their careers at West.

The picks up's are very good and should make them a lot more competitive. Were in most games until 3/4 time and with an average age of only 21, a lot of improvement from within the current squad is expected.

Surely players show a bit more loyalty than just 2 years at a club.

Yes that's the intention of most clubs to build stability of the playing group, I'm just saying that most contracts are no longer than 2 years but you hope they stay longer, depending on their situation I guess.

Yes that's the intention of most clubs to build stability of the playing group, I'm just saying that most contracts are no longer than 2 years but you hope they stay longer, depending on their situation I guess.
I guess pacco wouldnt have that problem with everyone you have said play for the jumper love the club and not there for the coin

Interesting that after the official move of the League's headquarters from Airport West to Windy Hill last month, The Essendon District Football League has today posted on their website a new role -

Football Operations Manager: An exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and suitably qualified individual to manage the day to day football operations of the EDFL. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (formerly General Manager), the Football Operations Manager will play a leading role in the efficient and effective operations of the EDFL senior and junior competitions.

Further details can be found on the EDFL website.

I guess pacco wouldnt have that problem with everyone you have said play for the jumper love the club and not there for the coin

Yes correct but guessing with a name like uknow, well uknow the answer already. Lol
Keep your eye on the ins v outs and you will see the club is building a sound base for sustainability. Its been a work in progress trying to stay with the powerhouse clubs.
Looks like a good year ahead for the league. What do you think?
Do you think other sides will bridge the gap v Abers this season?
What's your ladder predictions?

Don't forget they are all best blokes ever! What's Morgan's role this year Turbo?! List manager? No doubt the new coach loves having his input

Word down at linc is that douttas are making finals!

Only played a handful of games at seinor level VFL. Be interesting to see how he goes as has struggled his last couple of years.

Justin Taylor gone. Interesting player gone from the mids added a bit of physicality in there.

What other the other pick ups.

Any news from Keilor. Heard a few have moved on.
Has JT left Pacco?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back