EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Douttas need a lot more than a ruckman from what I saw last year. Sti
They've signed some handy players and in long run the points system will help them as they have a lot of talented junior products floating around. Where is Morris playing these days? He is an awesome player

Who are their dangerous tall forwards? And ruck is an area that a few have highlighted as a potential issue

I reckon they will finish between 7th and 5th with excitement of promotion and good recruitment, coach with AFL experience etc

Here is my ladder

Rillaz
Strathmore
Greenvale
Keilor
Pacco
Avondale
Douttas
Marby
West Coburg
APW

Douttas need a lot more than a ruckman from what I saw last year. Sti
Have a look at what they have picked up this year. The only missing piece for douttas to really make 2016 winner is a ruckman.

Well to be honest they won the flag by 5 goals without there second best player Charles lill (3rd club bnf) lost only 2 games for the season.... With about 14 guys under the age of 22

I guess that it'll be something that gets worked out along the way. Keeping in mind that the rules are designed to cover all leagues, so if a kid from say Albury moves to Melbourne for school or work opportunities, has a kick in the EDFL while in Melbourne but has every intent to head back to his junior club in a couple of years, I'm not sure that he's any less worthy of a low points tally than someone playing in Williamstown reserves (for examples sake) for a year or two.
Blokes like Kovac will limit themselves to their junior club as they'll otherwise attract a similar points total to a marquee signing.

Hey BJ, are you able to confirm the Jets have signed duel NFL medal winner Matt Vasilevski from Lower Plenty? If true, IMO Greenvale have moved into equal favouritism with Aberfeldie - Strathmore and Keilor on the next line of betting.

To all BF bloggers and readers have a merry Christmas and safe new year.

Hey BJ, are you able to confirm the Jets have signed duel NFL medal winner Matt Vasilevski from Lower Plenty? If true, IMO Greenvale have moved into equal favouritism with Aberfeldie - Strathmore and Keilor on the next line of betting.

tbh mate due to my involvement elsewhere I'm not 100% aware of what is going on down there.
I was told a little while back that they had spoken with him and another handy player but I'm not sure how far things had progressed. He'd certainly be a very handy pickup if true.

tbh mate due to my involvement elsewhere I'm not 100% aware of what is going on down there.
I was told a little while back that they had spoken with him and another handy player but I'm not sure how far things had progressed. He'd certainly be a very handy pickup if true.
Won the last 2 divvy 1 best and fairests in the NFL. A very, very handy pick up indeed.

Good point you have made BJ.

But on Kovac he left his junior club for another rival club in the same league so does that show his character? I'm guessing after being at 2 rival premier clubs his options might be limited, so heading home with his tail between his legs..
at least 8 people walked out that year, end of 2012, there was a reason for it.

I'll take the odds about Strathmore. They're spending up big and having a crack at buying the 2016 flag.

Then again, will they be able to fit them all in at the business end? McIntosh, N Grima, Tighe, Mangan, Lyons, Gleeson, Helliwell...that's 30 points for 7 recruits. Doesn't leave much for the rest.

I'll take the odds about Strathmore. They're spending up big and having a crack at buying the 2016 flag.

Then again, will they be able to fit them all in at the business end? McIntosh, N Grima, Tighe, Mangan, Lyons, Gleeson, Helliwell...that's 30 points for 7 recruits. Doesn't leave much for the rest.
Gleeson only 1 point as he played more than 40 junior games for Strathmore - all of a sudden a bit more manageable (albeit still tough)

Greenvale still desperately looking for that swing utility in 2016 to remain a name thrown around as a contender. Cam Wight looks set to return to the jets from reports

Think Todd Grima maybe back after missing last year. Not sure points for him, has he had two or three seasons there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outsiders Opinion

Aberfeldie
Greenvale
Strathmore
Keilor
Pascoe Vale
Doutta Stars
Marby Park
West Coburg
Avondale Heights
Airport West

Exciting Season of footy for the EDFL, team that can keep healthy will be critical........
With everyone's ladder prediction it's good to see the points system is going to even out the competition, I find you could have the same top 4 for the next 10 years
Hope everyone has a merry Christmas and happy new year

Outsiders Opinion

Aberfeldie
Greenvale
Strathmore
Keilor
Pascoe Vale
Doutta Stars
Marby Park
West Coburg
Avondale Heights
Airport West

Exciting Season of footy for the EDFL, team that can keep healthy will be critical........

Keilor
Abers
Mores
Greenvale
Pacco
Heights
Marby
EDS
West Coburg
APW

Greenvale still desperately looking for that swing utility in 2016 to remain a name thrown around as a contender. Cam Wight looks set to return to the jets from reports

Wouldn't worry about this one to much. Seen him in a game last year didn't look like he was working to hard on the track. Might need a Huge pre season

I would think Shannon Grant would have plenty of connections in recruiting through the VFL and will have no trouble attrcting a swingman, someone like Matthew Watson from Carlton, PEGS boy so grew up in the area, but like most ex AFL players its not just about the $ on offer but more about the connections within the club that will help springboard his career outisde of football.

I would think Shannon Grant would have plenty of connections in recruiting through the VFL and will have no trouble attrcting a swingman, someone like Matthew Watson from Carlton, PEGS boy so grew up in the area, but like most ex AFL players its not just about the $ on offer but more about the connections within the club that will help springboard his career outisde of football.

watson signed in the wafl

Watto signed with East Fremantle for the next 2 years. Plus he is a Pacco junior and doesn't live near Greenvale.

Have a look at what they have picked up this year. The only missing piece for douttas to really make 2016 winner is a ruckman.

Well to be honest they won the flag by 5 goals without there second best player Charles lill (3rd club bnf) lost only 2 games for the season.... With about 14 guys under the age of 22

Can anyone from eds confirm Barnes signed at Sunbury? If true then leaves their ruck stocks very thin.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back