EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea if clubs are actively poaching young guns in this comp but from looking at the clearances there are definitely noticeable trends.
However, naming clubs/players without intimate knowledge of the situation is pretty poor.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Why does it matter what club I'm from?? Just stating facts.
I noticed you didn't denie this statement so must be true
I will deny it. Cam paid rego for season2015. So I don't know where you get your info that he or players to eds were getting free membership. No club not abers not Keilor not eds not Greenvale poach players. Due to the fact they have been successful over the last 10 years in u/16 comps. That entises kids to move because the child gets a choice where he can and wants to play.

I will deny it. Cam paid rego for season2015. So I don't know where you get your info that he or players to eds were getting free membership. No club not abers not Keilor not eds not Greenvale poach players. Due to the fact they have been successful over the last 10 years in u/16 comps. That entises kids to move because the child gets a choice where he can and wants to play.
I never said he got free rego. I was saying that eds poached him from another club. Well he started at hillside then came to eds. So if he wasn't poached then why did he leave hillside.

Why does it matter what club I'm from?? Just stating facts.
I noticed you didn't denie this statement so must be true

Look it's common knowledge some of this stuff occurs, but it's also well known if your child has good footy ability and playing in a low division, they should go and have a crack at playing div1 junior level. Now that is the parents choice but some are persuaded by inducements, but more to play better standard footy to get looked at by more scouts. Yes you might get picked from a lower division and so you should, but yes some clubs do get favouritism which is not right, but in realality it does happen. But there is only a few jewels in the lower divisions, but they are they often the best, as they have done it the hard way.

One of the biggest myths about is that you have to play A-Grade footy to get spotted by TAC cup scouts.
I assure you that they're a hell of a lot more switched on than to just watch EDS, Abers, Keilor etc on a weekly basis.

Notice a clearance pending for Justin Harding to Avondale Heights. His the brother of Scott Harding.

If he gets himself fit will be a huge get for Avondale.

Cartelli, Tanner & others - Lost too many and havn't recruited to cover. Will finish 6th at best
Have steadily recruited during off season and just about covered their losses. O'dwyer, Clouston , Harding brothers, Hannan, Darby , ruckman from St Bernard's, plus some from interstate and a key back from Wagga . Not sure of all their names . Avondale will be competitive against most again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have steadily recruited during off season and just about covered their losses. O'dwyer, Clouston , Harding brothers, Hannan, Darby , ruckman from St Bernard's, plus some from interstate and a key back from Wagga . Not sure of all their names . Avondale will be competitive against most again.

Hey Bully, that's a good assessment. Interesting to see how they all gel I guess. It's a big turnover of players though after they had a crack at some success. I'm not sure they would be happy with a big list turnaround but probably working to a more refined budget. Great to see there captain Dogga Cravino stay on for another year.

Hey Bully, that's a good assessment. Interesting to see how they all gel I guess. It's a big turnover of players though after they had a crack at some success. I'm not sure they would be happy with a big list turnaround but probably working to a more refined budget. Great to see there captain Dogga Cravino stay on for another year.

List is quite good, with greater depth than previously, one huge plus is Daniel Archer as coach !

Not sure the budget would be too much less. Clouston ,O'dwyer , Scott Harding and Co wouldn't be coming cheap . At a guess money wise I'd say Clouston would cover Galea, O'dwyer would cover Grossman and the other departures weren't on huge money when it's all broken down .

List is quite good, with greater depth than previously, one huge plus is Daniel Archer as coach !
Avondales problem is the back half. If you don't have a quality defence then you not going to go very far in this Comp.
greenvale and Strathmore had the best defence in the last 10-15 years. That's why they won 4 flags each in that period.
Defence wins premierships

Avondales problem is the back half. If you don't have a quality defence then you not going to go very far in this Comp.
greenvale and Strathmore had the best defence in the last 10-15 years. That's why they won 4 flags each in that period.
Defence wins premierships
Actually, its scoring that wins premierships. The team that scores the most points (That's goals and behinds) wins the game. Not the team with the most tackles, spoils, pressure acts, desire indicators, 1%ers or whatever else you want to call it. Look the the results in nearly every competition and its the highest scoring team that nearly always wins the premiership. IF you have the ball and are scoring it means the opposition cant. I know this is a popular theory put about by the likes of Malthouse and Lyon but the latter has never won a premiership and the former's last one came in 2010 when his team were second in scoring and points differential. IF you cant score you cant win, defensive football by definition is reactionary, so it stifles attack, and that is the best form of defense.

Actually, its scoring that wins premierships. The team that scores the most points (That's goals and behinds) wins the game. Not the team with the most tackles, spoils, pressure acts, desire indicators, 1%ers or whatever else you want to call it. Look the the results in nearly every competition and its the highest scoring team that nearly always wins the premiership. IF you have the ball and are scoring it means the opposition cant. I know this is a popular theory put about by the likes of Malthouse and Lyon but the latter has never won a premiership and the former's last one came in 2010 when his team were second in scoring and points differential. IF you cant score you cant win, defensive football by definition is reactionary, so it stifles attack, and that is the best form of defense.

Do you know of any practice matches on this weekend ? You seem to be in the know

Actually it's a combination of both..
Traditionally the teams in this comp that get the job done tend to have a rock solid, settled back 6 though.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back