EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would u interview a coach with his experience. If he was interested in coaching Avondale heights then I'd say the job is yours. Him and Gary Ayres are two of the best VFL coaches over the past 10 years
He did apply, interview, and then asked for $100k. Assume he is out of the running now!!
Would obviously be an outstanding coach. Jordan Russell would also be very good if they got him

I particularly enjoyed the post from a few days ago where Aberfeldie were congratulated for their sustained success. No Premier division senior flag in 40 years is what passes for sustained success now. Interesting.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/3328269/player-points-system-finally-handed-down/?cs=63
Another article highlighting the points system, admittedly the examples listed are for the BFL & CHFL but as an outsider it'll be interesting to see how clubs in this comp and others approach recruiting at the completion of this season.

Teams will definitely be more dilligent with who they bring in, but at the same time big spending clubs will look to have the best depth.

The constant bitch fight that this thread becomes is tiresome for all, so let's just move on..
Back to footy, Abers are red hot favourites but they can be beaten. Both Keilor and Greenvale do have the players to sneak up on them on the day if things go o plan or them.

Abers should finally win a premiership next week and should win by 8-10 goals easy. And from what I've heard from a few people about 2016, Strathmore will have a massive crack at being back up there next year.

After watching today's game. Matty smith is the best mark in the edfl. He was unstoppable today. Him and deluca were the difference for jets. Also must mention the game greenvales full back played today. Gloudis didn't get a touch and didn't look like it.
Can Greenvale win 3rd flag in 4 years?
Will the inclusion on Thompson and mueller next week help the jets??

Can Greenvale win 3rd flag in 4 years?
Will the inclusion on Thompson and mueller next week help the jets??
I say yes..
Greenvale to win the flag for mine.
They are what all clubs should aspire to become imo, they are the benchmark.
A solid, loyal and humble club who bloods their own and success always seems to follow.:thumbsu:
Good luck to both teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he can shout them a beer with his $5k sign on & $1800 a game?
Think you'll find it's a bit more money then $1800 a game.

I know everyone is well aware of the fact that loyalty in local footy is gone but when you have some of your best mates playing for Avondale Heights to then leave and play against them says a lot about the kind of bloke he is.

Wish keilor all the best with him. good footballer but keeping his anger in line is easier said then done. Off field doesn't give anything back either.

What has everybody thought about the Umpiring this finals series? I've had conversations with a couple of people and their thoughts have been at opposite ends of the spectrum..

'Keilor kicks off recruiting season with a bang' - http://bit.ly/1Uw1rFa
Not surprised they moved so quickly to confirm a poorly kept secret. After all their key forwards were largely ineffective against Greenvale on Saturday, due in no small part to excellent performance by Jet's defenders.

Abers 1.16
Greenvale. 5.00

Surprised at the disparity in the betting odds. Thought the Jets were impressive against Keilor. Obviously though, they would have to play unbelievably well to knock off Abers.

Last edited:
What has everybody thought about the Umpiring this finals series? I've had conversations with a couple of people and their thoughts have been at opposite ends of the spectrum..
Was at the 1st division grand final yesterday and was treated to the most incompetent display of umpiring that I have seen all year. If that is what passes for talent in the umpiring ranks then we might as well go back to the system of having the captains award the free kicks. I don't know how many times I saw players standing there with their arms up because they had no idea why the whistle was blown. It nearly turned a pretty tight and competitive game of football into a farce.

The biggest issue facing this league has nothing to do with fairness in the competition, player salaries, points systems or anything else to do with players. It is the complete and utter failure of Rohan Sawers to improve the standard of umpiring in the league. I am sure we are paying a fortune for this persons alleged expertise, but the standard is pathetic from top to bottom with no signs of any improvement in sight. Umpires as a collective at all levels seem to lack any feel or understanding of the game they are supposed to be officiating. AS a keen observer of the U18 comp this year I would also say that putting children in charge of children is a ridiculous idea and prone to cause serious issues. It is the first thing that needs to be addressed this off season. He simply has to go.

The difference is Fitzgerald is a proven VFL coach. Ghazi was terrible
Think you'll find it's a bit more money then $1800 a game.

I know everyone is well aware of the fact that loyalty in local footy is gone but when you have some of your best mates playing for Avondale Heights to then leave and play against them says a lot about the kind of bloke he is.

Wish keilor all the best with him. good footballer but keeping his anger in line is easier said then done. Off field doesn't give anything back either.
I

Truth be known , not that there's much of that spoken here, is that he has taken a hefty reduction to go to Keilor. Fact

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back