News Elimination Final:- Carlton v Brisbane prematch discussion & changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

If that lazy bogan with a poor attitude Cloke plays, that is further proof that Ratten and the MC have lost the plot ...
We've got an excellent oppotunity to do away with the hack come the end of the year if we don't play him anymore, but geez, if they name him, the whole MC's credibility will be in shreds ...

Also why hasn't Jacobs come in for the badly out of form Hampson is another mystery ..

If Cloke could play to his near best he may be the agresser we need , especially in a final, he may not be upto Brown in those stakes but Cloke has shown at times to have abit of mungrel in him.
I just worry about if the ball hits the ground around him, he isn't the best below his knee's and needs instant ground support from people around him so he's not a liabilty if his delivery isn't upto scratch.

If that lazy bogan with a poor attitude Cloke plays, that is further proof that Ratten and the MC have lost the plot ...
We've got an excellent oppotunity to do away with the hack come the end of the year if we don't play him anymore, but geez, if they name him, the whole MC's credibility will be in shreds ...

Also why hasn't Jacobs come in for the badly out of form Hampson is another mystery ..

Don't think your the man to dish out lessons on credibility.

Disappointing for Yarran after the effort he put in last week but I guess we think Garlett has more tricks at this stage.

So that means that one of Grigg, Warnock, Bentick, Anderson had a seat on the plane if we have 25 up here. If Hammer, Kreuzer, Cloke and Setanta all made the trip, I doubt that Warnock is an emergency so that narrows it down further.

Disappointing for Yarran after the effort he put in last week but I guess we think Garlett has more tricks at this stage.

So that means that one of Grigg, Warnock, Bentick, Anderson had a seat on the plane if we have 25 up here. If Hammer, Kreuzer, Cloke and Setanta all made the trip, I doubt that Warnock is an emergency so that narrows it down further.

Let us narrow it down further. Bentick is not even a good VFL player so no chance they could send him. Hopefully he is delisted asap. Worst player to play at Carlton I can remember.

I would love it to be Grigg. I would also dump Hampson for Warnock, Hampson simply does not do enough and has been given ample opportunity.

It's gotta be Grigg... surely...

Grigg in, Warnock in, Betts in

Johnson out, Browne out, Yarran out.

Is what I would like to see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we not want the two livewires in the side? They can't hold them both.

I don't want Yarran out but if he is, then I would like to see ...

Out: Yarran, Johnson, Browne
In: Betts, Garlett, Cloke/Warnock

I reckon Wiggins is a monty for his first ever final. Ratts did bring up the fact that he never played finals so I think he is a certainty.

I wish I could find a place for Warnock, Hammer and Kreuzer in the side but with O'hAilpin also there, we are two top heavy. It makes it hard to find a balance when Brisbane will name all of the suspect players and could still go in tall or small.

We should go in:

Thornton O'hAilpin Armfield
Russell Bower Walker
Stevens Gibbs Simpson
Carrazzo Kreuzer Houlihan
Betts Fevola Garlett
Hampson Judd Murphy

Grigg Wiggins Cloke Joseph

Emer: Warnock Fisher Browne

Setanta on Brown. Bower or T Bird on Bradshaw if he plays, the other leaving his man to help out. Carrazzo a negating half forward, maybe on McGrath. Joseph to follow Black or Rich, probably Rich though because Black is too tall for him.

If Clark goes forward, Setanta gets him with Thornton on to Brown.

I just can't see a way for Warnock to come in even though I would love to see him out there, unless Hampson makes way.

We can play three big men, Warnock, Hammo, Kruz. Kruz to CHF Hammo and Warnock into the ruck, with Kruz rucking in the forward half.

Grigg in, Warnock in, Betts in

Johnson out, Browne out, Yarran out.

Is what I would like to see

Hoping Garlett's in as well. Need at least 2 crumbers, and Garlett's in red-hot form. Those front and centre efforts against the Dees were just freaky. The Lions ain't the quickest team out there either, and his pace would cause issues. :)

Looks like the lions stars are expected to play http://sportal.com.au/AFL-news-display/lions-quartet-named-77191... Vossy playing mind games earlier in the week.
They denied mind games but there is no way they were all less than 50% and all unlikely to play, and all of them make the game. The odds are simply against it.

Having said that, they were always going to be given until the last possible moment to come up so it may mean nothing. At least it keeps us guessing.

We can play three big men, Warnock, Hammo, Kruz. Kruz to CHF Hammo and Warnock into the ruck, with Kruz rucking in the forward half.
It's just a bit of a luxury. Do we reckon all of them are more mobile than Cloke? Cloke has to have the advantage up forward over Hammer and Warnock and we might still need Kreuzer's second efforts in the middle.

All this talk about who will and wont play will work to our advantage. Even if those blokes play the wont be fully fit, Merrett will need a jet pack on to keep up with Fev....Really confident we'll come away with the win here.

3 Talls up forward with Garlett and Betts and Walks, Murph, Simmo Etc rotating on a flank

Our midfield will smash theres head to head and Thornton to J. Brown with Wiggins dropping back and Bower to Bradshaw if he plays....we've got this covered.

Good point ODN, but we can still be mobile with the three big men. We have Irish, then we can play both of Garlett and Eddie at the feet. Actually I like the combo, Kruz at CHF roaming, Betts, Garlett on either side of Fev. Give Betts and Garlett free reign to run around freely in the forward 50. Or we could keep one of them in the square next to Fev. And we can rotate Murphy, Gibbs etc through the forward half as well.

They denied mind games but there is no way they were all less than 50% and all unlikely to play, and all of them make the game. The odds are simply against it.

Having said that, they were always going to be given until the last possible moment to come up so it may mean nothing. At least it keeps us guessing.

Drummond is absolutely no chance to play he typically does a muscle once every six weeks and given he only got injured last week no chance they would play him

Black again no chance he will play, he could only run at 60% the other day and that supports the fact he has done a hammy. If they did play both of these two then good luck to them as they would both be gone by 1/4 time.

As for Merrett and Bradshaw depends on the level of the strain but gee huge risks to play guys with soft tissue injuries.

My thoughts they will play max 1 of these 4

Good point ODN, but we can still be mobile with the three big men. We have Irish, then we can play both of Garlett and Eddie at the feet. Actually I like the combo, Kruz at CHF roaming, Betts, Garlett on either side of Fev. Give Betts and Garlett free reign to run around freely in the forward 50. Or we could keep one of them in the square next to Fev. And we can rotate Murphy, Gibbs etc through the forward half as well.

Eddie and Garlett need to play the lead up forward role as well, you dont have to be tall to do it, just quick enough to get distance between you and your opponent and then come back in with the footy, one satys at home and one leads up the ground and then sprints back to the fifty....

Remove this Banner Ad

News Elimination Final:- Carlton v Brisbane prematch discussion & changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back