News Elimination Final:- Carlton v Brisbane prematch discussion & changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Armfield not up to AFL standard ? Are you serious ? You obviously don't watch many of our games ! He provides much needed pace and attack from defence and actually takes players on which is a great asset to our team, tackles well too.

All due respect HBF but i think you have overlooked the lions most important playmaker of recent times, Ash McGrath, that is where i think Carrazzo will and should go.

I wouldn't have though McGrath was any more important than the 4 players I have outlined. Yes he does run the lines, and perhaps someone like a Simpson could line up from him. Almost like a shoot-out.

I actually want one of either Jacobs or Warnock to come in. Kreuzer has been below average of late and looks to be trying his hardest but is just stuffed. I'd love to throw him forward to really stretch the Lions defence with his big marks and pace.

They don't really have an opponent for him as Clarke would hardly stay down there the whole game and Merrett looks to be injured.

Wish we trialled Warnock two weeks ago...

Warnock or Jacobs will come in, bookmark it and if it's not those two then Cloke is a good chance.

Looks like at least 4 changes will be made.

Out: O'Hailpin, Browne, Yarran, Johnson

In: Cloke, Garlett, Betts, Grigg

I know we can win it, but anything can happen.

Browne, Johnson, Yarran, Armfield and Setanta are the options for ommiting.

Betts, Grigg, Cloke, Warnock, Gartlett and Austin will be the guys who i'd consider bringing in.

Very hard to decide.

I know we can win it, but anything can happen.

Browne, Johnson, Yarran, Armfield and Setanta are the options for ommiting.

Betts, Grigg, Cloke, Warnock, Gartlett and Austin will be the guys who i'd consider bringing in.

Very hard to decide.

In case people have missed the dozens of posts pointing out that Austin is injured, take a moment to read the training report in one of the other threads which outlines that Austin was part of the rehab group. In other words, Austin will not be coming into the team this week.

:thumbsdown:

Cloke offers us nothing at CHF.

It's just Yarran's first year, so I'm not worried if he's omitted.

Yet I'd like to see Yarran play in a final for the experience. :thumbsu:

Yarran was one of the few players who chased last week.

Hopefully that works in his favour at match committee.

Is just a whisker away from clicking as a player...

Has a bigger body that is more capable than Garlett's of coping with the buffeting that will come their way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way will Warnock play, I figure if he was gonig to play at all in the Carlton squad this year, he would have come into the side 2 or 3 weeks before the finals.

I suspect the club will bring in Sauce ..
Johnson and Armfield should be dropped, they are just not AFL standard players with their skills (or lack thereof)

Wouldn't except anymore from you cp, you really have to get the **** over ur hatred for army, he has proven u wrong time and time again and he will prove you wrong again on Saturday

Would really like to see Betts and Gartlett back in. You need their kind of intensity in the forward line at any time, but I think it will be doubly important for us here - if we can keep the pressure on coming out of HB, it will be an enourmour help with shutting down Brown.

In case people have missed the dozens of posts pointing out that Austin is injured, take a moment to read the training report in one of the other threads which outlines that Austin was part of the rehab group. In other words, Austin will not be coming into the team this week.

Austin pretty much ruled out for at least the next 1-2 weeks, maybe more if applicable.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/afl/story/0,27046,26019200-5016169,00.html

"There's no doubt Carlton will start clear favourites in that game, which is a turnaround from most places opening Brisbane favourite.

"All mail I'm getting is that Simon Black, Daniel Bradshaw and Jed Adcock will be missing for the Lions. They'll leave a huge hole to fill."

This can be a good indicator usually. Bookies don't rely on coaches media sound bytes to set their odds. Still, the smokescreen theory abounds. All of these players will be named in the extended squad.

You have been wrong before Molly... lets hope your wrong again.
Some of those out's are shocking...

You have been wrong before Molly... lets hope your wrong again.
Some of those out's are shocking...

maybe been wrong with 1 out before, but generally spot on.

Would have thought that the changes mooted are pretty logical. Maybe O'Hailpin is stiff but would only be in on flexibilty rather than form.

Perhaps personally may have bought in Warnock instead to combat Clarke and have Kruezer as the forward instead of Cloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Elimination Final:- Carlton v Brisbane prematch discussion & changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back