Game Day Elimination final - Melbourne v St Kilda - MCG 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't believe I said any of the things you have just said .. I thought we could win today because when we play well we are exciting, our pressure his high, and in my opinion I think we are coached well.

What is undeniable is that on many occasions this year we could not hit a target if it was the size of mt Everest ... when a side is struggling there are many reasons .. the coach is the easy scape goat...

It's my opinion that our list is not up to it yet and has work to do . We are only so frustrated today because we are not playing finals when many think we should. We've only been in the hunt for finals because of the work Richo has done with us the last few years...
Thats the big problem. Many thought we could play finals. I hoped but thought we would be close again but not good enough.

Need to lose to North and Tigers.

Helps with our draw and dp.

Was thinking that would be the only clause, but it would depend on the context of the season and morale and have to be a DIABOLICAL injury year.

See off topic I reckon Rocket Eade got the short end of it. Their injury list the last 3 years has been nothing short of a nightmare!

Even if we have a horror injury year?

I reckon people should compare our list to others. I reckon we would be bottom 3 or 4 for top end quality, class and depth. Collingwood has us covered by a fair margin but we punch above our weight. I reckon it's definitely the list not coaching. We have dropped away since Jack Steven and Rooey stopped doing it all for us and our kids have had to do more of the work. When Gilbert is close to our best player coming back from a severe hand break we are in trouble.

I reckon people should compare our list to others. I reckon we would be bottom 3 or 4 for top end quality, class and depth. Collingwood has us covered by a fair margin but we punch above our weight. I reckon it's definitely the list not coaching. We have dropped away since Jack Steven and Rooey stopped doing it all for us and our kids have had to do more of the work. When Gilbert is close to our best player coming back from a severe hand break we are in trouble.
Yep.

Things aren't looking so rosy for 2018, If I was Josh Kelly why would I want to leave to come this rabble? They can't even turn up for the most important game of the season. Maybe Steele is the ice breaker.

Yep.

Things aren't looking so rosy for 2018, If I was Josh Kelly why would I want to leave to come this rabble? They can't even turn up for the most important game of the season. Maybe Steele is the ice breaker.
I honestly have no clue why Kelly would come to us.

I'd rather be a 5x time premiership player with the Giants.
Reckon the amount of egos running around in that team only make that a 50/50 proposition - i was very bullish early in the season re the Giants, even through injury, but after watching them since the bye I'm convinced they'll be lucky to not exit in straight sets. Very selfish brand of footy

spot on, but why recruit crap players, cant kick , only a few with brains ( left footers leading wrong sides, no ball centering at CHF)
Too much CA , a boys club. Where is the board taking the responsibility Asst coaches must go , new blood from outside the club

Its AFL footy mate you just don't/cant not show up like that it has happened way to many times this year. Good clubs just don't except that rubbish.
FINALS were on the line today
Both teams started terribly.

One of the commentators (Lynch?) said that the first team to settle would get some cheap goals. They got the first after the unlucky Acres 50 and got a run on.

1st quarter was absolutely sickening, I totally agree.

I may be wrong, but I personally put more blame on the horrific skill errors from the likes of Ross, Gresham, Dunstan, Bruce in the first than I do on Richo.

On a side note, wtf was Bruce doing when he turned around and handballed it blind in the last minute of the first to gift them another goal?

Don't believe I said any of the things you have just said .. I thought we could win today because when we play well we are exciting, our pressure his high, and in my opinion I think we are coached well.

What is undeniable is that on many occasions this year we could not hit a target if it was the size of mt Everest ... when a side is struggling there are many reasons .. the coach is the easy scape goat...

It's my opinion that our list is not up to it yet and has work to do . We are only so frustrated today because we are not playing finals when many think we should. We've only been in the hunt for finals because of the work Richo has done with us the last few years...
Apologies for my previous post. Im on one hell of a tilt after the game.
Weve all seen that this team is quite capable of producing high performance footy this year. Even not that long ago.
So if the coaching staff are doing a good job. Ok i can entertain that idea. Who's responsible for getting the team. Particularly the mids in the right frame of mind to come out and compete from the first bounce. Yes our lesders in the middle just didnt fire at the first bounce and it was over. Who's responsible for fixing that issue.
The team that smashed us is a good example. Are they just better in the middle? Why were their mids take the right aggressive approach from yhe start and why didnt ours?
Whats the answer? We looked so immature over and over this season.
Whos responsible?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies for my previous post. Im on one hell of a tilt after the game.
Weve all seen that this team is quite capable of producing high performance footy this year. Even not that long ago.
So if the coaching staff are doing a good job. Ok i can entertain that idea. Who's responsible for getting the team. Particularly the mids in the right frame of mind to come out and compete from the first bounce. Yes our lesders in the middle just didnt fire at the first bounce and it was over. Who's responsible for fixing that issue.
The team that smashed us is a good example. Are they just better in the middle? Why were their mids take the right aggressive approach from yhe start and why didnt ours?
Whats the answer? We looked so immature over and over this season.
Whos responsible?

Honestly.. I just think we haven't rebuilt fully and have more to do.. only really 13,14,15 we really utilised the draft.. and think we need to this year

I just think the finals talk is premature and I'm ok with that.. I'm more interested in what they do next year or the year after.. I'll make my judgement then

Even if we have a horror injury year?
Please don't start writing his excuses a year out

But I'll entertain it. That's why Richo had to bank this year it gave him his out. No he's leaving it all to happen in one off season which will be incredibly hard to do

Back against the wall stuff

**** me we make some spuds look like stars James harmes and cam pederson lmao seriously it's getting ridiculous
FMD I thought it was bad when we let Sinclair look like plugga but these Melbourne campaigners, never even ****ing heard of them and they're going to tell their grandkids about the time they got their only Brownlow votes against us.

**** oath, watch next week Norf will play some lad and eh'll play like 2005 Ben Cousins.

Please don't start writing his excuses a year out

But I'll entertain it. That's why Richo had to bank this year it gave him his out. No he's leaving it all to happen in one off season which will be incredibly hard to do

Back against the wall stuff

I asked the question for the reason that sometimes in a season shit happens out of the control of anyone. But then again that would just further cement your idea that Richo was a poor coach because he kept getting his players injured.

FMD I thought it was bad when we let Sinclair look like plugga but these Melbourne campaigners, never even ******* heard of them and they're going to tell their grandkids about the time they got their only Brownlow votes against us.

**** oath, watch next week Norf will play some lad and eh'll play like 2005 Ben Cousins.
IMG_1667.JPG

We need to stop blaming Richo... we went from wooden spooners to missing finals by percentage in 2 seasons .. with the worst foot skills team in the comp.. by far..

I don't believe the coaching staff are the issue I believe we have overestimated / overrated our list and until we learn to kick and stop making mistakes.. no coach will take us anywhere..

We look to be in the contest every game and are our own worst enemy..

We are like a batsman who gets caught in the outfield every week rather than nicked.. we get ourselves out of it..

We need to address some list needs (in my opinion by drafting) before we can go anywhere as our list is not a finals contender
I don't think they are bad players, but their decision making is often flawed and they don't seem to be in sync except for in the rapid close handball exchange bizzo they do in numbered contests, which is what they must practice during goalkicking practice.

I personally think it is the development, mental conditioning, clear-headed strategic thinking.

I don't think you can say just because they score a few goals that all that is suddenly ok. They've got a few set plays which work for them, but in general there seem many areas where they don't have the brains or understanding to mount a convincing attack. When it works it's usually caused by an opposition failure or initial error, rather than our irresistible attack.

I don't know if that's always the case with any team or not, just an observation over a few games this year.

I asked the question for the reason that sometimes in a season shit happens out of the control of anyone. But then again that would just further cement your idea that Richo was a poor coach because he kept getting his players injured.
Yeh that's it.... Do you really think that?

If that happens the board would be forced to look at his previous body of work. He doesn't have enough to fall back on

In any case it's irrelevant. Richo will get a minimum 12 month extension

Yeh that's it.... Do you really think that?

If that happens the board would be forced to look at his previous body of work. He doesn't have enough to fall back on

In any case it's irrelevant. Richo will get a minimum 12 month extension

In your opinion.
And if he gets the 12 months why the hunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back