matrixfire

Rookie
Jan 20, 2006
Rockbank
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Harness Racing
Ellis came to the club with big raps and I hope he lives up to those expectations and i am eating my words pretty soon, but currently he is not good enough to play AFL, his skills aren't that good, his decision making is poor. He needs to go back to Box Hill and get some serious game time and needs to spend a lot of time in the gym. Last night he was bashed up so many times, so were a lot of others for that matter.

I just think it time to give someone else a go at senior level like Muston, Kennedy or Tuck.

I know Ellis is young but truth is his not ready!

Who are you kidding? He made Dale Thomas look average last week, and his endeavour was at the least, respectable last night.

It's not Xaviers fault that his teamates were intent on putting him in hospital last night with some of the delivery he recieved.

The mark running with the flight, the attempts to take on the man, what exactly are you expecting? There were far worse playing for Hawthorn last night, this is a silly thread.

were still developing for the future this is not our year to win a flag give him game aswell as getting afew games into muston & tuck, surely one of them has to come in for thurgood.

I thought one of the positives last night was how well Ellis played. I would like to see him stay in Hawthorn's firsts while he develops.

I know Ellis is young but truth is he is ready.

his 19 & his doing his job i thought the last 2 games have been clearly his best which means his improving last nite alot of our players failed the test through inexperience & just laco fo size but i thought he stood up & the kid will be class surely him playing in games like last nite will improve him more then getting 25 cheap kicks in the vfl.

Ellis really had a crack last night and your calling for him to be dropped?? I lost count of how many hospital handball/kicks he received. One time their ruckman, hudson, bear hugged him, threw him to the ground, and then pushed his head into the ground. Was given no support by the team mates.. poor effort hawks.

Bit rich to attack his disposal when no one could hit a target last night :thumbsdown:

i think he needs the exposure he is having to senior footy currently, which his form has improved steadily, shown by his performance last week and racking up 7 touches in the first quarter last night

however others playing i think need the exposure and opportunities as well namely, Thorp, Muston, Little, Tuck, Kennedy, Dowler

physically..no, skills.. yes. I think we should keep playing him as he'll get better with more AFL games. I admit going by his first few games, I wasn't a big fan but lately the games I've watched him play have been very good. He skills appear to be getting better by each game and he'll continue to improve.

i think he needs the exposure he is having to senior footy currently, which his form has improved steadily, shown by his performance last week and racking up 7 touches in the first quarter last night

however others playing i think need the exposure and opportunities as well namely, Thorp, Muston, Little, Tuck, Kennedy, Dowler

that would be good but i dont think theres spots for all of them atm 2 years ago we could afford to play all the young fellas & thats paying dividends now with there form but unfortunatly you cant always do this, with the position were in now the kids have to earn there dues alot more.

Disagree. Thought he was reasonable last night considering the game as a whole. A few disposal errors but his decision making appears quite good to me and I thought he looked more prepared to take the game on and back himself last night. Think he will be a beauty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are you kidding? He made Dale Thomas look average last week, and his endeavour was at the least, respectable last night.

It's not Xaviers fault that his teamates were intent on putting him in hospital last night with some of the delivery he recieved.

The mark running with the flight, the attempts to take on the man, what exactly are you expecting? There were far worse playing for Hawthorn last night, this is a silly thread.

Agreed

He looks very composed and has a beautiful kick. That running back mark he took was pure class and had courage written all over it.

Sure he was man handled but that is only due to the competition we faced last night. Adelaide are a sleeping giant and one of the toughest teams in the comp (up there with Sydney)

Keep Ellis in the team I say.

I reckon he is better or the same than hodge at the same stage of developement. Had a real crack last night and I reckon he thought that he had to make things happen thats why some things didn't - at least he was thinking-alot were not.

Ellis was definitely amongst the best last night, tried hard and although there were a few blunders.. overall a really good game. Adelaide have lots of strong bodies and Ellis only has 2 preseasons behind him so it will take time for him to mature his body.

Xav had 21 possesions last night. He's a quality player
once he puts the weight on,like half dozen other players,he will be right im sure!!definitley looks a smart player, one who reads the ball well and very disciplined.Regardless of what happens for rest of the year,cant wait for kennedy.tuck,muston,thorpe and co to debut,we are only going to get better and stronger over next 3 years!!:thumbsu::Dp.s. maybe weve been harsh on josh thurgood,hes not up to standard but at least hes having a crack i guess:thumbsu:

joel smith is back to his terrible best in 1 pasage he handballed to ellis who had about 3 oponents on him, but i do think he needs to go back to boxhill and give muston a go, if thurgood can get a game then sureley muston should, but ellis did take a beautifull mark and did some nice things it was the senior players that fell asleep last night...

joel smith is back to his terrible best in 1 pasage he handballed to ellis who had about 3 oponents on him, but i do think he needs to go back to boxhill and give muston a go, if thurgood can get a game then sureley muston should, but ellis did take a beautifull mark and did some nice things it was the senior players that fell asleep last night...

aaaahh, joel smith. plays the best game of his career, signs a new contract, then goes back to slaughtering his disposal.

classic...

I think Ellis was absolutely dominated by larger men in the adelaide team. They set out to harrass him and it worked but he has only played 10 games or so, give him another pre season

Remove this Banner Ad

Ellis not ready for AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back