Ellis not ready for AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon he is better or the same than hodge at the same stage of developement. Had a real crack last night and I reckon he thought that he had to make things happen thats why some things didn't - at least he was thinking-alot were not.

Spot on, he is developing and is going to be very good for us for a long time. Nowhere near our worst v Adelaide.

xavier came with massive wraps, was pick no 3 and to some will be a 200 game player. i dont care if he gets 20 touches, the important thing is how he looks when he gets them, and how he uses the ball.. and what he does with it that counts. its that realisation that when you see a player do something special while only very young you think ' gee that looked good ' theres alot to that kid to come.

lets be honest though.. so far he hasnt showed much. his disposal can get alot better, his decision making can improve and he gets smashed whenever he gets tackled. pendlebury/selwood/thomas/murphy are far far better at this stage...

he looks as though he may become a luke power type... a good good thing for our football club but is that what we really want and hoped he'd be?

Give me a break, Ellis had his best game by far last night, combined with his shut down job on Thomas the week before.

He showed courage with his mark, evasive/pace skills through the middle, and excellent foot skills for the majority. Last night i saw a glimpse of the future, with his composure and run when needed, desire to put his body on the line despite being 20kgs smaller than others and courage knowing he's going to be slammed to the ground 3 times and take a pack mark running back to the play.

Was in my top 3 last night.

ellis looks like he will be a good player and i'd be surprised if he played less than 200 games.

he was one of the few positives out of last night.

thurgood had a bad night but nobody can question his endeavour. he has had years to build himself an afl body and hasnt been able to - thats why he will be delisted, not because of his attack on the footy or skill level.

if you want to start questioning players then how about joel smith. he looked a million dollars in a 100 point win against carlton but has done nothing else for the rest of the season. i think the term is "down hill skier".

danny jacobs just doesn't string enough games together fitness wise and looks out of his depth any time he is one out with a decent opponent. he still has that essendon problem in him that fletcher has - wants to be considered a backman but doesn't want to man anyone up.

last night was a great reality check for us and it highlighted the problems we may encounter against the adelaides or sydneys for the next season or two but surely if the acid is to be put on players it must be the experienced guys who should know better - not a kid like ellis.

Just give the kid a chance this week to show his class against a Tambling or even Brown at some stage.

Beau Muston is a future star of the comp and hope to see a debut soon!!:rolleyes:

I have big wraps for Ellis, he is a young gun in the making, i thought he definitally wasn't one of our worst on sat night, and would be happy to have him in the side next week.

I have big wraps for Ellis, he is a young gun in the making, i thought he definitally wasn't one of our worst on sat night, and would be happy to have him in the side next week.

...along with many i think

...can't see him in BH this week, with quite a few outs

as a bomber supporter i can give u an unbiased view.
I think he is a great player and will be great for a while, just needs to get his body right for an afl footballer. but the main thing is he can find the footy and use it

Smith wasn't the only one making poor decisions, at least his disposals were hitting the target.

Smith came out on top in most of the contested situations he found himself in.

You can't drop him to Box Hill he's in my Dream Team :D

But seriously, have been very impressed with Xav and he's up there with Priddis as my favourite player from another club.

He will be a beauty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ellis not ready for AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back