Society/Culture Elon Musk - Takeover of Twitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise he didn’t invent electric cars, right?
didnt even start Telsa

bought it and took credit

like pretty much everything in his career the idea was someone elses

Kram's repsonse also has literally nothing to do with what Elon is doing in 2024 on twitter but hey chuds gonna chud

Just watched a report on the Israeli government PR unit masquerading as an independent NGO, getting inside the fence at social media platforms as a trusted group guiding moderation policy and picking out content for removal.

Their policies include stuff like denying some of the now debunked claims about Hamas activities on October 7th being the equivalent of holocaust denial.

Crazy stuff.

You do realise he didn’t invent electric cars, right?
He's also putting millions into Trumps campaign while Trump is openly talking about ending EVs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Social media is society.

There's extra steps to participating in social media, though. You have to sign up; you need to log in; you need to go through the rigmarole of confirming whatever you want to confirm, signing up to whatever parts of the media you want to participate in.

When you are born, your name and details are collected by the society around you. You are documented and made a citizen. This happens to you before consent is possible; you cannot opt out once done, either.

It's not really identical. Those extra steps are an impediment to those who don't take them.

I took it in jest. I mean, if we're being serious, BigFooty ain't social media. We don't have millions of Americans on here, and if it doesn't have Americans, it doesn't count. Have we learned nothing? They don't call it the World Series for no reason.

I took it in jest. I mean, if we're being serious, BigFooty ain't social media. We don't have millions of Americans on here, and if it doesn't have Americans, it doesn't count. Have we learned nothing? They don't call it the World Series for no reason.

It's not really, only because we're "anonymous", even though I've met a few from here and are connected on social media. I'm sure people on here could track me down online if they tried, I don't think it would worry me these days though.

It's not really, only because we're "anonymous", even though I've met a few from here and are connected on social media. I'm sure people on here could track me down online if they tried, I don't think it would worry me these days though.
I'd agree with this - it has social elements but largely anonymous.

Otherwise, you would argue dodgy xxx chat rooms would be social media as well.

For those not in the loop. His son is not actually dead, he just transitioned and completely shut off her bigot nightmare of a father.

He is just proving more and more, that he has NEVER been impartial. Always been another far right looney, peddling the "woke" BS, and pretending to be in neither camp. Only bought twitter/X so he could unlock all the banned conspiracy pushing loonies, and the angry racists, which he clearly loves both. Probably hoping to get tax cuts off Uncle Donald so he can grift/hoard more money, by supporting the election campaign and unlocking all of Putins bots too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Elon Musk - Takeover of Twitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back