Politics Fascist takeover US 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought they'd started nearly all wars back to the civil war. All major ones anyway (WW1,2, Vietnam). But the republicans have started a bunch too ... depends on the scale. Reagan led "military interventions," Granada for example. May as well be a war.
I remember that one, came out of nowhere. "Granada? Where TF is that? that's that name of our car." :grinv1:

I remember that one, came out of nowhere. "Granada? Where TF is that? that's that name of our car." :grinv1:
The US military had an added 'need' to taste blood that week - the invasion of Grenada (Urgent Fury) started on the 25th of October 1983. Two days prior to that on the 23rd of October a truck bomb driven in by Islamic Jihad destroyed the U.S Marine Corps barracks in Beirut, Lebanon killing 241 U.S military personnel.

Who are the alleged 'fascists' are pretty unclear in the murky waters of USA politics in the current day, which is sad.

I mean, it's classified as a far-right political ideology but plenty on the left are enacting the same behaviours.

Which ones are the 'fascists' in the USA?

The ones attempting to forcibly suppress the opposition and enacting totalitarian laws to prevent criticisms of their ideology, or the ones attempting to forcibly suppress the opposition and enacting totalitarian laws to prevent criticisms of their ideology?

I mean, both major parties are pretty much the same in regards to their actions, right?

How about you try to qualify that statement:

• How did the Democrats try to overthrow an election?
  • Which are the worst gerrymandered counties in the US?
  • In what way do the Democrats meet the 14 points of Fascism?

1 - They've tried this in the past by saying electronic voting can't be trusted and casting doubts over the validity of election results when they've lost. Clearly not to the extent Trump did obviously but they're not an innocent party in regards to sowing mistrust of the election process either.
2 - Both parties gerrymander. It's an appalling practice that I cannot believe still exists.
3 - They don't but neither do Republicans. Both sides do express certain tendencies though.

1 - They've tried this in the past by saying electronic voting can't be trusted and casting doubts over the validity of election results when they've lost. Clearly not to the extent Trump did obviously but they're not an innocent party in regards to sowing mistrust of the election process either.
2 - Both parties gerrymander. It's an appalling practice that I cannot believe still exists.
3 - They don't but neither do Republicans. Both sides do express certain tendencies though.
Republicans are worse with all three, by far.

1718331682334.png

I can pick out three, maybe four points that the Dems tick off; whereas the GOP are now ticking EVERY POINT on that list mate.

Honestly, the Democrats are garbage. But they're nothing compared to the current GOP.

Republicans are worse with all three, by far.

View attachment 2019336

I can pick out three, maybe four points that the Dems tick off; whereas the GOP are now ticking EVERY POINT on that list mate.

Honestly, the Democrats are garbage. But they're nothing compared to the current GOP.

I'd say it's more a Trump thing than a Republican thing. Problem is, winning an election seems more important to them than actually running the country properly.

I'd also suggest that the Democrats tick off a lot more than just a few of that list but yes, definitely the Trump groupies would tick off most of it.

I'd say it's more a Trump thing than a Republican thing. Problem is, winning an election seems more important to them than actually running the country properly.

I'd also suggest that the Democrats tick off a lot more than just a few of that list but yes, definitely the Trump groupies would tick off most of it.
Trump IS the GOP right now, and probably will be until he carks it. That's the problem; the fact that there is so little push-back against creeping fascism by that party.

Happy to hear your thoughts on which points the Democrats tick off. I'd say 'Corporate power protected', 'Labor power suppressed' and 'Rampant cronyism and corruption' for sure, but otherwise...?

So clearly not to the extent that its not even remotely a similar thing.

Trump IS the GOP right now, and probably will be until he carks it. That's the problem; the fact that there is so little push-back against creeping fascism by that party.

Happy to hear your thoughts on which points the Democrats tick off. I'd say 'Corporate power protected', 'Labor power suppressed' and 'Rampant cronyism and corruption' for sure, but otherwise...?
  • Disdain for intellectuals, E.g "Trust the science but not that science"
  • Identification of enemies as a unifying cause: Take your pick of many here - Trump, 'cis' white males, anyone who questions their ideology gets 'canceled'(zero interest in any form of debate, just want to silence people), etc.
  • Controlled mass media
  • Corporate power protected(Corps own USA pretty much anyway, regardless of party affiliation)
  • Rampant cronyism and corruption, as evident by the scores of DEI hires who appear inherently unqualified and quite a number of them now are going through court for fraudulent activities
  • Fraudulent elections. If you're going to say Republicans do this, then Democrats are in the same boat. It's a USA thing though, not a one or the other party affiliation. Mind you, it's not 'fraudulent' of what you do is legalised. Same goes for 'lobbying' with wads of cash. That's called a 'bribe' in other countries and it's very illegal. Not in the USA though...
  • Obsession with crime & punishment is an interesting one. I'd say supporters of both parties obsess over this but only if a crime offends their particular ideology or aligns with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on. Surely going to court to contest a result is exactly the same thing as a mob breaking into parliament with a view to kill parliamentarians.
Obviously it's not the same in scale but still, if you're going to try and shill that the election results can't be trusted every time you lose, then get on your high-horse when the other side does it, then you're probably a hypocrite.

Which we all know politicians are.

Jeepers, you don't seriously believe this :tearsofjoy:
Well, some people did set up a gallows for their own VP and enter Capitol Hill with cable ties and such.

Trump managed to whip them up into enough of a frenzy to storm their seat of parliament that it wouldn't have surprised me if it ended up happening if the Politicians weren't moved to a safe location.

Obviously it's not the same in scale but still, if you're going to try and shill that the election results can't be trusted every time you lose, then get on your high-horse when the other side does it, then you're probably a hypocrite.

Which we all know politicians are.

Trumpism's only justification is the belief that somehow the other side is as rotten as they are.
As Gough points out Both sides arguments are bullshit.

• Disdain for intellectuals, E.g "Trust the science but not that science"
  • Identification of enemies as a unifying cause: Take your pick of many here - Trump, 'cis' white males, anyone who questions their ideology gets 'canceled'(zero interest in any form of debate, just want to silence people), etc.
  • Controlled mass media
  • Corporate power protected(Corps own USA pretty much anyway, regardless of party affiliation)
  • Rampant cronyism and corruption, as evident by the scores of DEI hires who appear inherently unqualified and quite a number of them now are going through court for fraudulent activities
  • Fraudulent elections. If you're going to say Republicans do this, then Democrats are in the same boat. It's a USA thing though, not a one or the other party affiliation. Mind you, it's not 'fraudulent' of what you do is legalised. Same goes for 'lobbying' with wads of cash. That's called a 'bribe' in other countries and it's very illegal. Not in the USA though...
  • Obsession with crime & punishment is an interesting one. I'd say supporters of both parties obsess over this but only if a crime offends their particular ideology or aligns with it.
Are we talking about the Democrat party now, or just 'the left' in general? Because I don't see Democrats doing all of those. Agreed that Trump has become a focus point as an 'enemy'.

'Cis white males are enemies' and 'DEI hires are more corrupt' are just right-wing talking points with very little basis in reality.

As Gough points out Both sides arguments are bullshit.
Do you mean Dems and GOP? if so, yes they are.

USA needs a third party but the only issue with that is that it could only realistically gain true popularity by actually being fascist in nature, which is obviously bad.

People are too apathetic and defeatist in general when it comes to politics and whilst they'll piss and moan about the 'corrupt' politicians, they'll still do nothing about it.

Are we talking about the Democrat party now, or just 'the left' in general? Because I don't see Democrats doing all of those. Agreed that Trump has become a focus point as an 'enemy'.

'Cis white males are enemies' and 'DEI hires are more corrupt' are just right-wing talking points with very little basis in reality.
Last 2 points are probably left in general, as opposed tot he actual political party.

I'm not saying DEI hires are corrupt by nature but there are a quite a few who are inherently underqualified, have committed fraud, or gotten positions through dishonest means which has made the news recently. Yes, I am aware the same thing goes for Republicans.

Look at the state of a number of Democrat run states and cities for instance.

Certainly I'm not saying that the left and Democrats are fascist, they are more anti-authoritarian by nature, but you can be that and also have fascist tendencies.

I mean, both major parties are pretty much the same in regards to their actions, right?
This is the point I was responding to.

Last 2 points are probably left in general, as opposed tot he actual political party.

I'm not saying DEI hires are corrupt by nature but there are a quite a few who are inherently underqualified, have committed fraud, or gotten positions through dishonest means which has made the news recently. Yes, I am aware the same thing goes for Republicans.

Look at the state of a number of Democrat run states and cities for instance.

Certainly I'm not saying that the left and Democrats are fascist, they are more anti-authoritarian by nature, but you can be that and also have fascist tendencies.
We've moved a fair way from saying they are both as bad as each other now.

Agreed that some Democrat-run areas are terrible, but blaming that on DEI instead of human nature is wrong; white cis males can be just as corrupt and incompetent.

Agreed that some Democrat-run areas are terrible, but blaming that on DEI instead of human nature is wrong; white cis males can be just as corrupt and incompetent.

Of course they can be but hiring someone to tick off a diversity quota, as opposed to them actually being the best candidate, should have people surprised when those same people inherently fail at their positions.

Titan Submersible anyone?

Of course they can be but hiring someone to tick off a diversity quota, as opposed to them actually being the best candidate, should have people surprised when those same people inherently fail at their positions.

Titan Submersible anyone?
As opposed to the nepotocracy we otherwise have?

Let's not pretend the best and brightest are ever prioritised, sadly.

As opposed to the nepotocracy we otherwise have?

Let's not pretend the best and brightest are ever prioritised, sadly.
That too, Trump appointing his kids into positions of power(especially Jr...) was both hilarious and frightening.

At least Ivanka seemed somewhat competent, publicly at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Politics Fascist takeover US 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back