List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Your intial post was fine, it was the reply that I was referring to. It has nothing to do with "logic" to point out the Levi has average disposal, it is basically universally agreed.

But that in itself does not mean there isn't a place in the team for him. Basti still shanks it all over the place some games, Cunners misses targets routinely, Gibson is almost a liability with ball in hand, JMac can hit targets but still some WTF moments, and so on.

I don't know why Levi is considered that much worse that these guys is all I meant.

I was not having a go at your post, I think it is his clangers are absolute monsters of clangers and if one more person says his DE is good I will absolutely spew all over my keyboard. 38 touches and 25 of them were 1-2s you would expect up in the 90s for DE.

I was probably more pissed that he got that interchange free, so completely f...edup, did you see the look on LTs face?

Cunners is only average by foot for mine BE, he is much better by hand.

Yeah, so logical that apparently Levi is the only person in the team without elite disposal..... :rolleyes:

He's no wells but he's no Gibson either.

I was not having a go at your post, I think it is his clangers are absolute monsters of clangers and if one more person says his DE is good I will absolutely spew all over my keyboard. 38 touches and 25 of them were 1-2s you would expect up in the 90s for DE.

I was probably more pissed that he got that interchange free, so completely f...edup, did you see the look on LTs face?

You wont get any argument with me of DE%'s used as fact. It is one of my pet hates as without mentioning other players, some games players can shank it everywhere and somehow come up with a handy DE%.

In saying that I still think you are judging Levi harder than other players in the team, we have more players than not with average disposal. Basti, Gibson, Wright and JMac all make monster clangers too.

I haven't seen the replay and missed when that 50 incident happened. Either way such mistakes shouldn't happen whoever's fault it was I agree.....

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-21/where-are-you-clubs-rookies-at

NORTH MELBOURNE
Tim McGenniss
The 19-year-old midfielder has impressed with Werribee in his first year with North and is likely to be retained as a rookie in 2014. McGenniss has improved consistently throughout this season and has shown an ability to play both run-with and attacking roles.

Cameron Richardson
The 189cm utility was delisted from North's senior list at the end of last season and has not got close to earning a senior recall this year playing for North Ballarat. The 25-year-old has not played for the Roos since 2011 and is almost certain to be delisted after being given permission to train solely with the Roosters in the second half of 2013.

Ben Speight
Like Richardson, the speedy forward/midfielder was downgraded from senior-listed player to rookie at the end of last season and looks set to be delisted. From the heights of his successful run as North's substitute in 2011, Speight, 23, has spent time with Werribee's development league team this season.

Eric Wallace
The former US college basketballer has taken massive strides in his first year on North's rookie list, performing so well as a ruckman/forward for North Ballarat's development league team that he is now pushing for a senior VFL spot. The 24-year-old is contracted for another year and North's coaches remain optimistic about his long-term prospects.

Max Warren
The defender/midfielder's second season as a Roo rookie was ended prematurely by a broken collarbone. However, the 19-year-old's consistent form for North Ballarat in the first half of this year should earn him a third season on North's rookie list.

Out: Speight, Richo
In: Warren, Wallace, McGenniss

Yeah, if we didn't already think it was pretty certain:

Cameron Richardson
The 189cm utility was delisted from North's senior list at the end of last season and has not got close to earning a senior recall this year playing for North Ballarat. The 25-year-old has not played for the Roos since 2011 and is almost certain to be delisted after being given permission to train solely with the Roosters in the second half of 2013.

Shame it didn't work out. Because of injury he hasn't been able to get anywhere near his pre-draft VFL form let alone improve on it. Fully fit and potential fulfilled, he would have been a very useful player for us.

Yeah, if we didn't already think it was pretty certain:

Shame it didn't work out. Because of injury he hasn't been able to get anywhere near his pre-draft VFL form let alone improve on it. Fully fit and potential fulfilled, he would have been a very useful player for us.

He will playing in the Ballart Football League next year.

Sucks for both Cam and the club.

From our perspective he cost a decent pick in a surprisingly good draft considering it had been pre-plundered.

From both perspectives, there wasn't that much between NB teammates Isaac Smith and Cam when they were recruited. There's a considerable gulf 3 years later though.

Taking a leaf out of American sports, here's our depth chart

KPF: Petrie, Black, Tarrant, Daw, Curran,
F:Thomas, Wood, Garner
Mid/F:Harvey, Adams, Wells, Harper,
Mid: Swallow, Ziebell, Cunnington, Bastinac, Gibson, Greenwood, Anthony, Jacobs, Gysberts, Sierakowski,
Mid/D:Atley,Mullet, Mcdonald, Macmillan, Mckenzie, Hine, Wright, Wilkins
D:Mcmahon, Firrito, Delaney, Kennedy
KPD:Thompson, Hansen, Grima, Delaney
R:Goldstein, Currie, Mabon

Rookies:Mcgennis, Wallace, Richardson, Speight, Warren

Lacking:
-Medium Forwards, we had a dearth last year, need one more to help out
-Potentially forwards that are more mid orientated. Ziebell and Cunners getting forward with goals from the Half back line helping this year too. Not an outrageous issue.

Surplus:
-Mid rotations are high, but we lack class in the depth. Anthony, Sierakowski to the scrap heap.
-Possibly one key defender too many, but as we play three we need back up. Young Delaney can potentially play Grima's role. Grima has injury issues. Keys is the gorilla that we need to keep. Harsh call to be made but this is the period where we need to actively update this list.
-KPF, large amount. Again we play 3 forwards. Majak stays for ruck/f depth. Curran and Daw are both coming of injuries. No movement here.

List Changes
Delistings:
-Anthony
-Sierakowski
-Mabon (Re-rookie)
-Richardson
-Speight
-Mcmahon (retire)
-Firrito (retire)
-Kennedy (harsh, but seems as though hes done. With Mcdonald coming next year, we have a dearth of mid sized key backs. It could hurt, but then why hasnt he cracked it yet?)

Upgrade:
-Mcgennis

Trade
-Grima (hurts. This bloke is a king, but his injuries are a liability. He would only have 2 years in him and we need to progress and try and fish somehow)
-Greenwood (mids need to get some rotation and freshen up this line. One too many inside mids, and need to make a tough call)

Free Agency
-Betts
-Cooney

Overall
8 Changes from the Senior list
3 from the Rookie list
1 Upgrade
2 FA to main List
Picks 8, 26, 44, 62, 80, 98, 116
+ whatever we get for grima and greenwood

McMahon retire? Didn't he sign a new contract this year?

Not sure. Hes past it though, pudding like guts and we havent missed him since he's been out. Need to make the harsh calls if we want to go places, and I can't see him making it back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really curious if any of those saying we should rookie Mabon have a clue about his progress this year.

Not a chance in hell would he reach the rookie draft, whilst convenient for a lot of ideas realistically if you put Mabon down as delist it must be to lose him, someone else would grab him well before we could rookie.

So how keen are people to lose him now after the development we have put in???????

Rookie Anthony while he still has 1 year left on the contract and we are paying anyway, who knows someone could main list him and we save a years salary :)

Taking a leaf out of American sports, here's our depth chart

KPF: Petrie, Black, Tarrant, Daw, Curran,
F:Thomas, Wood, Garner
Mid/F:Harvey, Adams, Wells, Harper,
Mid: Swallow, Ziebell, Cunnington, Bastinac, Gibson, Greenwood, Anthony, Jacobs, Gysberts, Sierakowski,
Mid/D:Atley,Mullet, Mcdonald, Macmillan, Mckenzie, Hine, Wright, Wilkins
D:Mcmahon, Firrito, Delaney, Kennedy
KPD:Thompson, Hansen, Grima, Delaney
R:Goldstein, Currie, Mabon

Rookies:Mcgennis, Wallace, Richardson, Speight, Warren

Lacking:
-Medium Forwards, we had a dearth last year, need one more to help out
-Potentially forwards that are more mid orientated. Ziebell and Cunners getting forward with goals from the Half back line helping this year too. Not an outrageous issue.

Surplus:
-Mid rotations are high, but we lack class in the depth. Anthony, Sierakowski to the scrap heap.
-Possibly one key defender too many, but as we play three we need back up. Young Delaney can potentially play Grima's role. Grima has injury issues. Keys is the gorilla that we need to keep. Harsh call to be made but this is the period where we need to actively update this list.
-KPF, large amount. Again we play 3 forwards. Majak stays for ruck/f depth. Curran and Daw are both coming of injuries. No movement here.

List Changes
Delistings:
-Anthony
-Sierakowski
-Mabon (Re-rookie)
-Richardson
-Speight
-Mcmahon (retire)
-Firrito (retire)
-Kennedy (harsh, but seems as though hes done. With Mcdonald coming next year, we have a dearth of mid sized key backs. It could hurt, but then why hasnt he cracked it yet?)

Upgrade:
-Mcgennis

Trade
-Grima (hurts. This bloke is a king, but his injuries are a liability. He would only have 2 years in him and we need to progress and try and fish somehow)
-Greenwood (mids need to get some rotation and freshen up this line. One too many inside mids, and need to make a tough call)

Free Agency
-Betts
-Cooney

Overall
8 Changes from the Senior list
3 from the Rookie list
1 Upgrade
2 FA to main List
Picks 8, 26, 44, 62, 80, 98, 116
+ whatever we get for grima and greenwood

your disappoint in 2013 has seen you blink in front of every other list manager in the league, thankfully you don't hold that position in real life.

Cooney = Free agent worth pursuing.

If Taz does get shipped out who are our forward targets?
32 year old Drew Petrie
23 year old Aaron Black with 20 games to his name
22 year old Majak Daw with 4 games to his name
24 year old Dan Currie who is mainly a ruck with 0 games to his name.

Unless of course we shift Hansen back to the forward line, which I am fairly confident is not a good option.

If we move on any KPP this year it will be Luke Delaney as we actually have 4 other ready to go true KPD's on the list.
Nathan Grima of course :D

Trade Speight and Richardson to Bendigo Bombers* for Goddard. I can't see BJ wanting to sit a season out with his deregistered club.

McMahon is 26 and is best 22 when fit. As if he will retire.

We won't get betts and cooney As FA's either. Cooney is pretty much signed up at the bullies.

Agree that he won't retire, but he is no longer best 22, no way.

Unless he loses wait, somehow develops a bit of pace and can improve his disposal to elite. The game has gone past him if we want to push for finals, its a harsh reality but it's decision like this that need to be made to take that next step. I'd much rather a Mullett, Atley, McKenzie play his role, then him, far more upside.

Agree that he won't retire, but he is no longer best 22, no way.

Unless he loses wait, somehow develops a bit of pace and can improve his disposal to elite. The game has gone past him if we want to push for finals, its a harsh reality but it's decision like this that need to be made to take that next step. I'd much rather a Mullett, Atley, McKenzie play his role, then him, far more upside.

we have 6 players who may line up rnd 1 over 26, I think we should keep McMahon just for the experience he brings, and crikey there is no way in hell he could be in as bad a shape after an uninterrupted pre-season as he was a few weeks back.

we have 6 players who may line up rnd 1 over 26, I think we should keep McMahon just for the experience he brings, and crikey there is no way in hell he could be in as bad a shape after an uninterrupted pre-season as he was a few weeks back.

Why and how did he get so fat? he has always had weight issues.... but an AFL player who does that much training its just strange...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back