List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

I stand corrected.

This bit might also be wrong, but I vaguely recall a story that Brad always wore long sleeves because he didn't want his mum to know that he had tatts.

He also avoided getting promoted to the seniors and shown on tellie for the same reason.

Not sure where to post it and thought this the most suitable place..

Where is Ben Mabon at with his football? From a numbers point of view he looks impressive in the VFL, but he has seemingly been passed by both Currie (who re - signed, yes?) and Majak (whos played a few games)

What would North Melbourne look at for him?

Where is Ben Mabon at with his football? From a numbers point of view he looks impressive in the VFL, but he has seemingly been passed by both Currie (who re - signed, yes?) and Majak (whos played a few games)

Possible de-listee candidate. Goes alright in the VFL, but is still skinny and undersized for a ruckman at AFL level. You could probably pick him up for nothing in all likelihood.

Possible de-listee candidate. Goes alright in the VFL, but is still skinny and undersized for a ruckman at AFL level. You could probably pick him up for nothing in all likelihood.

Really? Only 21, must be no where likely to be getting a game.. Would not have even hit his peak yet either..

Abosultely spanked both Currie and Maj recently which may have seen his stocks rise. Some are calling for delist or move to rookie list but personally i dont see him going anywhere. I think the club are happy with a starting ruck, a backup and 1 in development.

I wouldn't listen too much to those thinking he will be de-listed, that is just crazy talk.

He comprehensively beat Currie and Daw when he went up against them a few weeks ago.

too undersize for a ruck. even though it says he 200-201cm he is more likely only 198cm

I've heard this mentioned alot.... any merit behind it? the not 200 bit... we need Decent backup ruckman to push Goldy(what a game he played today absolutely smashed the other blokes)

I think Firrito will stay on.... unless he decides to pull the plug himself.... he played an excellent game on one of the most damaging players in the game.... cant just get rid of blokes who can do that...especially with an injury prone Grima in the side...

Mabon is making serious progress. 18 possessions and 9 clearances today.

Can't see him being delisted. Sounds like he's just quietly having a pretty impressive year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stand corrected.

This bit might also be wrong, but I vaguely recall a story that Brad always wore long sleeves because he didn't want his mum to know that he had tatts.
True story. He was about 15 when he started playing senior footy for North Hobart (I think) in the State wide League. He'd gotten a Tat and had to wear the long sleeves so his mum didn't find out. He was a very good player as a kid, and went on to play some decent footy at the Bummers, but my hunch would be "attitudenal issues" may have ultimately been his downfall, not his lack of ability.

Abosultely spanked both Currie and Maj recently which may have seen his stocks rise. Some are calling for delist or move to rookie list but personally i dont see him going anywhere. I think the club are happy with a starting ruck, a backup and 1 in development.

I think we should hold onto him TBH, but the perception that he "absolutely spanked" Currie and Maj is incorrect. He won on the day given it was him vs both of them, but that all got a similar amount of ball and hit outs.

Why and how did he get so fat? he has always had weight issues.... but an AFL player who does that much training its just strange...

Scotty had the anaphylactic reaction that put him in hospital and required steroidal treatment to get under control and speaking from personal experience these treatments can be ongoing (depending on what you react to) and they can increase your weight and induce lethargy. He is probably still recovering and hopefully with a full pre-season under his belt will be over it and tip top for 2014 :thumbsu:

Scotty had the anaphylactic reaction that put him in hospital and required steroidal treatment to get under control and speaking from personal experience these treatments can be ongoing (depending on what you react to) and they can increase your weight and induce lethargy. He is probably still recovering and hopefully with a full pre-season under his belt will be over it and tip top for 2014 :thumbsu:

That sounds like a logical explanation....

Keep looking over our list and keep feeling for our list management team this year, really tough year to free up that 3rd spot we must have open.

Richo and Speighta are pretty clearly going to be dropped off the rookie list opening 2 spots there.

LA has a 1 year contract still running so for mine hes the easiest move to the rookie list.
Siera is probably next on the block but i really do think he has something to offer and i think the club does too thus the full game vs the Hawks to prove it. Dont quite think he did enough to save his spot on the primary list but do think hes earnt the other free spot on the rookie list, last chance saloon.

So thats 2 main list spots open and rookie list full. Now it gets tough. Most popular names going about are Firrito, Gysberts, Delaney, Kennedy and Greenwood.

Personally i think Gys should get a 2nd year to show hes been unmelbourned and can fit into our gameplan and squad. Stays for mine.

Keys and Levi are both players id like to see stay as they add great depth to the list, however i would not begrudge either if they asked for a trade in the hope of greater gametime elsewhere. Any trade however would replace the spot opened up with whatever we get so most likely a spot will still need to be freed up. Unless its something like Keys and our 3rd for Saints/GWS 2nd.

This puts Kennedy and Firrito right in the firing line, again id not be uncomfortable for either to leave or both to stay so where to.......?

I think in the end my ideal would be
Anthony and Sierra cut and re rookied
and 1 of either

Keys and 3rd round pick for saints 2nd - we enter draft with our 1st, saints 2nd, our 2nd
or
Keys and Spud to GWS for Janksch - we enter draft with our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and gain Janksch
or
Spud retires or FAs to GWS - we enter with our 1st, 2nd, 3rd
or
Kennedy goes - our 1st, 2nd, 3rd used
or
Keys and our 3rd for Polec - we draft with our 1st, 2nd, 4th and gain Polec

Think all would be acceptable, but thinking its a pretty quiet year for us offseason.

Keep looking over our list and keep feeling for our list management team this year, really tough year to free up that 3rd spot we must have open.

Richo and Speighta are pretty clearly going to be dropped off the rookie list opening 2 spots there.

LA has a 1 year contract still running so for mine hes the easiest move to the rookie list.
Siera is probably next on the block but i really do think he has something to offer and i think the club does too thus the full game vs the Hawks to prove it. Dont quite think he did enough to save his spot on the primary list but do think hes earnt the other free spot on the rookie list, last chance saloon.

So thats 2 main list spots open and rookie list full. Now it gets tough. Most popular names going about are Firrito, Gysberts, Delaney, Kennedy and Greenwood.

Personally i think Gys should get a 2nd year to show hes been unmelbourned and can fit into our gameplan and squad. Stays for mine.

Keys and Levi are both players id like to see stay as they add great depth to the list, however i would not begrudge either if they asked for a trade in the hope of greater gametime elsewhere. Any trade however would replace the spot opened up with whatever we get so most likely a spot will still need to be freed up. Unless its something like Keys and our 3rd for Saints/GWS 2nd.

This puts Kennedy and Firrito right in the firing line, again id not be uncomfortable for either to leave or both to stay so where to.......?

I think in the end my ideal would be
Anthony and Sierra cut and re rookied
and 1 of either

Keys and 3rd round pick for saints 2nd - we enter draft with our 1st, saints 2nd, our 2nd
or
Keys and Spud to GWS for Janksch - we enter draft with our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and gain Janksch
or
or
or

Think all would be acceptable, but thinking its a pretty quiet year for us offseason.

I think you are pretty much on the mark SnowRoo. The cuts I see as likely are Sirra, Kennedy, and Anthony (via a trade). The Spud to retire or GWS seems a possibility too, although wouldn't be happy to lose both Spud and Kennedy as similar type of player. Couldn't see trades happening other than with Keys and Greenwood (request to trade), or Anthony (put on the table), but who knows, the H and Pedo trades last year gave us a bit of offseason drama. Perhaps some surprises in store.

I wonder if Harper will be looked at as an option for trade.

I recall when drafted that there were concers he could be a boom or bust player with his issues in working withing team structures an issue.

Would be consider putting him on the table to see if there any bites?

or
or
or
or

Come on man, seriously?

A guy that's playing in the VFL of a team that is 11th and a VFL quality defender, for a KP player that was a top 15 pick in the draft last year? No chance.
Same with Polec.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back