England tour of India (4 Tests, 2 T20I, 5 ODI)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashwin...all-rounder?

Looking at his batting scores in test matches, it reads as if he is a top order batsman who always make a decent start but can't convert. Smart player. I remember when he blocked the 2nd last ball of the game with 2 wickets in hand against West Indies, so there was no chance for the West Indies to win the game and level the series

0, 4*, 103, 14, 31, 30, 20, 62, 5, 15*, 37, 32*, 23, 60*

Test - 436* runs at 43.60* and 53 wickets at 28.22
First Class - 1546 runs at 35.95 and 187 wickets at 28.15

Very hand cricketer.

How about that Purjara? That how a number 3 should bat!

Has now made 361* runs off 719 delivers so far this series.

Ashwin was one of India's best batsmen in their test series here last year, he has the technique of a top order batsman and has a test century so you would definitely class him as an all rounder.

Pretty handy player that would probably get a game for any test team in the world.

I like his batting more than I like his bowling.

ashwin was very good here with the bat last summer, scored runs a number of times when his much heralded top order teammates failed. pujara very classy batsmen, these two really have got india out of a spot of bother.

monty produced some gems to take out sachin, sehwag etc. good to see him back

The majority of tailenders would have played as all rounders who batted in the top order as juniors.

This.

Having said all that, I probably would not be playing him any higher then 8. Having a player who averages 30 with the bat and less then 30 with the bowl in that number 8 position is a fantastic thing to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much prefer these commentators than Neins, simple basic Test cricket coverage.

Interesting mid pitch conversation between Pietersen and Cook, Alister did everything but engage Kevin, after what happened to Strauss, no doubt Cook is a little wary of Big Kev.

KP's six to bring up his 150 alongside his reverse sweep for the ton is ensuring this innings is one for the ages.

Remove this Banner Ad

England tour of India (4 Tests, 2 T20I, 5 ODI)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back