English Premier League 16/05, 17/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Boro still a chance going into the last day...it's the best I could hope for I guess. United will beat Hull, it'll just come down to us being able to beat West Ham (highly unlikely) and Villa beating Newcastle(draw most likely)

Tuncay..what a goal...someone give us 20 million for him please :D

So if Man Utd beat Hull say 2-0, that means we have to beat West Ham by at least two goals?

What's the full situation Boro?

So if Man Utd beat Hull say 2-0, that means we have to beat West Ham by at least two goals?

What's the full situation Boro?

My understanding is you have to beat Hull on GD and not just equal them so if they were to lose 1-0 to Man United then your gonna have to beat West Ham 4-0.

If your expecting Man United to give Hull a thumping you got another thing coming im afraid

Man Utd will roll over on the last day like they did for us. :)

I stopped watching our game as soon as it went 3-1, as going by other results Europe was out of the question, and we had no way of getting a result anyway thanks to P.Dowd.

Jussi is a superstar, not sure how he saved the header from Cousin (twice!)

BTW does anyone think Phil "The Doorman" Brown is growing the goatee again because it brought him good luck at the start of the year?

Man Utd wont beat hull.

They'll field a 10th string side, draw probably the most likely result.

Can't see us beating Villa no matter how poorly they're playing - especially with no Bassong, so it's hello CCC.

I almost expect Hull to play for a draw and hope Villa do them a favor and not lose.

My prediction at Man Uniteds starting line up

Foster
Rafael Evans Neville Fabio
Fletcher Scholes Gibson Nani
Macheda Wellbeck

Will still shit all over Hulls starting lineup but not there determination. Hull played the best they have in a looong time last night (turned ours off even sooner then Hoggy did, ref knob) and are a chance of a result but not a win IMO

Man Utd will roll over on the last day like they did for us. :)

I stopped watching our game as soon as it went 3-1, as going by other results Europe was out of the question, and we had no way of getting a result anyway thanks to P.Dowd.

Jussi is a superstar, not sure how he saved the header from Cousin (twice!)

BTW does anyone think Phil "The Doorman" Brown is growing the goatee again because it brought him good luck at the start of the year?

Your avatar looks scaringly like Wayne Rooney with hair

What a dilemma for next week!

We get an extra million from Spurs for Keane if they qualify for Europe. :eek:

Newcastle situation.:(

most likely
Hull = simple beat hulls result. Etc, we need at least a draw and hope they lose, or win if they draw, they win, we gone.

If weird things happen

WBA = 2 wins and only 2 wins sees us needing a win also, even if Hull lose. they play liverpool, so that is unlikely. Also play blackburn

sunderland= 2 losses, or 1 loss and a draw sees us able to catch them if we win(1 GD difference but we catch them if we win and they lose), Meaning if hull wins it doesnt matter, cause sunderland would replace us. Play pompy (a) and Chelski (h)

= boro, well forget them. They cant have us getting anything.

Hope thats right.

Well United didn't do it comfortable but we were still crowned Champions! Very very nervous finish with Arsenal attacking a lot, the spitter hitting the post and van Persie lining up a few free kicks but the job has been done. Fantastic title really as it was not an easy season by any stretch.

Also watched a bit of the Newcastle game and why was Viduka's excellent header ruled out?? It looked like a terrible decision but not sure if anyone else saw a foul there.

Schwarzer also pulled off an amazing right hand save. What a season he is having. Good to see as he should be primed for the Socceroo games.

Newcastle were screwed over.

That was a goal and Bassong should have only got a yellow because that wasn't a clear goal-scoring opportunity. I swear most of these referees don't know what that rule means.

Newcastle were screwed over.

That was a goal and Bassong should have only got a yellow because that wasn't a clear goal-scoring opportunity. I swear most of these referees don't know what that rule means.

We've had refereeing decisions go against us all year, but Kevin Nolan was stupid there.

He'd been warned by Howard Webb (who incidentally was 4th official on Monday night for the Nolan block on the Boro defender) to let Schwarzer have a free run at the ball.

He made it really obvious by having his arms out about what his intentions were. It was soft, and it's hardly ever given, but when you get warned about it..........

Bassong red card was irrelevant anyway, and again it was stupid by him. No chance of getting it overturned so the biggest problem with that is we're without him next week against Carew and Agbonlahor. He definitely pulled Kamara back, only debatable thing was whether or not it was a clear goal scoring opportunity.

I'd love to see a replay of Fulhams goal though, not for the first ball which was clearly onside, but the second ball where Kamara was in front of the second last defender (Harper). It's offside by the letter of the law, but extremely difficult for assistant referee's to give, because they just see the defender there and assume that he's the second last defender.

We were never going to score a goal anyway, I was just hoping we could keep a clean sheet and take a 0-0 draw, since I knew we wouldn't be able to rely on Bolton. Still, at least Hull didn't take all 3 points like they deserved, which still gives us a chance assuming we can get a result against Aston Villa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, and Fulham have to be the worst side to watch ever.

Playing against 10 men, against a team that is getting relegated, and you play everyone behind the ball.

Even before they scored everyone was behind the ball, you could like... you know... attack.

fulham will park the bus next week:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

i still hope everton beat them! and of course keano to score the winner against liverpool!!

On another note How good is Gary Cahill. Been easily the equal if not better then Jagielka this year but hasnt got the credit. He was immense last night along with Jussi. Villa blew it big time in letting him go.

fulham will park the bus next week:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

i still hope everton beat them! and of course keano to score the winner against liverpool!!
I don't think Liverpool fans would really care if 'Keano' scored the winner against them now. If you hadn't heard I'll tell you that Manchester United have won the title.
The game will mean nothing for Liverpool except for a testimonial to Hyypia.

As for Keane he is still so, so shit. Like the commentator said last night, you'd hardly noticed he was out there until the penalty.

How many non penalties has he scored since coming back for that ridiculously hilarious fee?

All 28 or 29 years of him!

Pathetic that you bought him back from Liverpool and sad that you think he's any good.

On another note How good is Gary Cahill. Been easily the equal if not better then Jagielka this year but hasnt got the credit. He was immense last night along with Jussi. Villa blew it big time in letting him go.
He would've wanted starts.

Something Villa couldn't provide or gurantee.

Oh, and Fulham have to be the worst side to watch ever.

Playing against 10 men, against a team that is getting relegated, and you play everyone behind the ball.

Even before they scored everyone was behind the ball, you could like... you know... attack.

You could, you know, stop being such a terrible, embittered poster. I believe it's called organisation and having a good manager (not some "messiah"). It's also why Fulham are going to Europe whilst Newcastle and the many fat, shirtless fans will be playing the likes of Peterborough next season.
Although it is a valid point. All those brilliant victories against top sides were bloody snoozefests!

You could, you know, stop being such a terrible, embittered poster. I believe it's called organisation and having a good manager (not some "messiah"). It's also why we're going to Europe and Newcastle and all the fat, shirtless fans will be playing in the coke league.

Although it is a valid point. All those brilliant victories against top sides were bloody snoozefests!

Mate, you're well organised and do what you have to do very well.

It still doesn't make it at all entertaining, and if you want to win like that, be my guest. It's shit, but hey, whatever.

Nice having a dig too, completely uncalled for but what do you expect from someone who supports Fulham. Must be pretty exciting.

We've named the real Champions of the World XI for the day.

Reina
Airblower CarrAgger Insua
Lucas Mascherano
D0nkey Gerrard Bennynoon
Torres

Diego, Dossena, Skrtel, Alonso, Riera, Babel and Ngog.

Remove this Banner Ad

English Premier League 16/05, 17/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Back