Premier Lg EPL Matchday 15 & 16 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly leaving the socceroos was the best thing for Ange and who could blame him. He delivered the best team to watch with the players available of all time, he consistently mentioned how the youth set up and talent wasn't good enough and was laughed at and ignored. He only left after we qualified for the world cup. He could have managed in Japan and done the world cup but he didn't do it for the glory.

He was absolutely smashed by Scottish media before he started winning, he handled it just fine, he was also questioned pretty heavily as who is this geezer as well in England.
Leaving before the WC was Ange‘s way of controlling the narrative. He left because he wanted the club job in Japan underwritten with City $$$$, and put that above the players he coached to a WC. He deserved (and still deserves) to be criticised for it.
His excuse re the Australian youth setup can now be seen as somewhat hollow, given his subsequent disregard for the youth setup at Celtic (not that Celtic fans would care)

There was Scottish and now English criticism because of ignorance, which is just poor because it shows a lack of willingness to learn and research.

There is also worship because of ignorance as well, which is everyone’s right I guess. Clubs deal in hope and rely on faith, and Ange plays very heavily on both. And it’s working, deservedly. Winners are grinners and write history, after all.

There was Scottish and now English criticism because of ignorance, which is just poor because it shows a lack of willingness to learn and research.
They call him naive because he’s from Australia. Did all he could for Australia and his treatment in the media at the time was pretty poor and silly

Leaving before the WC was Ange‘s way of controlling the narrative. He left because he wanted the club job in Japan underwritten with City $$$$, and put that above the players he coached to a WC. He deserved (and still deserves) to be criticised for it.
His excuse re the Australian youth setup can now be seen as somewhat hollow, given his subsequent disregard for the youth setup at Celtic (not that Celtic fans would care)

There is also worship because of ignorance as well, which is everyone’s right I guess. Clubs deal in hope and rely on faith, and Ange plays very heavily on both. And its working, deservedly.
What are you talking about? When he was arguing about the shit state of our youth teams it was in the early 2000s when we were flying. Look at the team now, easily the shittest team on paper since the 80s the talent level is pathetic.

I'm getting the vibe you have a dislike for ange and are twisting it the way you you'd like it to be. Best coach Australia's ever had and his decision to leave to coach in Japan has been vindicated 100x over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching us currently reminds me of watching the Geordies under Rafa, 20 percent possession, parking the bus.

Moyesball coming to an end surely.
I can't help but look at the West Ham squad and think what Ange, Potter or De Zerbi could do with it.

What are you talking about? When he was arguing about the s**t state of our youth teams it was in the early 2000s when we were flying. Look at the team now, easily the shittest team on paper since the 80s the talent level is pathetic.

I'm getting the vibe you have a dislike for ange and are twisting it the way you you'd like it to be. Best coach Australia's ever had and his decision to leave to coach in Japan has been vindicated 100x over.
I don’t think you should dismiss people who don’t have unequivocal support for someone, as having a dislike.

I actually agree with you that he’s the best coach we’ve ever had, but there are faults as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 15 & 16 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back