Premier Lg EPL Matchday 15 & 16 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Just seen Jonathan Liew's comments about Ange. Absolutely ******* disgusting, blatantly wrong and often contradictory.

Anyone who has followed his career knows that the version you see here is the same bloke that managed Brisbane all those years ago.

Pretty appalling to be honest.
If you or I mocked a Chinese or Indian etc etc accent it'd be racist but mocking Aussies accents seems to get far less outrage.

His comments were BS too.

If you or I mocked a Chinese or Indian etc etc accent it'd be racist but mocking Aussies accents seems to get far less outrage.

It is no different from how Emery was treated when he first arrived in England. He accent and annunciation were routinely mocked.

I could see how Ange's "aw shucks, mate" demeanour could be grating to some people.

It is no different from how Emery was treated when he first arrived in England. He accent and annunciation were routinely mocked.

I could see how Ange's "aw shucks, mate" demeanour could be grating to some people.
a manager who talks to journalists normally and respectfully and actually answers questions and doesn't use them as a platform to whinge.. this is why people can't have nice things and I guess why most managers in the PL act like tossers.

ange speaks how most people in australia speak, it's how I speak when ordering a coffee, speaking to people at work etc.
clearly the journalist has never been to australia if he thinks it's an 'act'.

Especially when he usually calls it out if it was against a Chinese or Indian it is fairly hypocritical. The rest of his comments were meh, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Doubt Tottenham would do a United and ban him from a press conference over it

How was Liverpool's 2nd goal allowed to stand? Darwin went straight through the Sheff U player to get the ball.
Even the first one it looks like VVD knocks the player over which gives him all that space

Just seen Jonathan Liew's comments about Ange. Absolutely ******* disgusting, blatantly wrong and often contradictory.

Anyone who has followed his career knows that the version you see here is the same bloke that managed Brisbane all those years ago.

Pretty appalling to be honest.

It reads like he's just trying to be a contrarian because he's annoyed by the love in from everyone else. I can't stand it when miserable bastards get all worked up by other people enjoying something positive.

And the personal digs he makes about Ange are just flat out unprofessional and weird.

Just watched the highlights.
First one? Looked more like a dive from the replays I saw. Unfortunately had to see TAA’s arse crack when watching the replays.

Second one? Definitely a foul. Already makes contact with the player from behind and goes through him before getting the ball. Poor miss from the referee it was an obvious foul. Doubt there would be much disagreement on that one. (Zidane excluded)

It looked like the defender was running with Gakpo and VVD applied a basketball style block. Maybe the officials were distracted by Tent showing his arse.

View attachment 1867442

409041.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the highlights.
First one? Looked more like a dive from the replays I saw. Unfortunately had to see TAA’s arse crack when watching the replays.

Second one? Definitely a foul. Already makes contact with the player from behind and goes through him before getting the ball. Poor miss from the referee it was an obvious foul. Doubt there would be much disagreement on that one. (Zidane excluded)

It was reviewed by VAR and was fine. He takes the ball cleanly.

It was reviewed by VAR and was fine. He takes the ball cleanly.
He takes the player first. He doesn't even go around him like the clean ones do from behind, he actually goes straight through him. First contact is with the players legs, which absolutely assists in being able to get the ball. Just watched it again and he basically scissors him before getting the ball.

Image 1 - before he touches the ball (Already gone into the back of his left leg)
View attachment 1867475

Image 2 - shortly after touching the ball (where he was scissored his leg and it's also a tackle from behind)
View attachment 1867477

I suppose the question I'd ask you is if a defender did that in the box would that be a pen? Everyone would say 'but he got the ball' and most reviews would agree.

I suppose the question I'd ask you is if a defender did that in the box would that be a pen? Everyone would say 'but he got the ball' and most reviews would agree.
Surely that becomes irrelevant if they've made contact prior to touching the ball?

mate, it's a foul. you can't go through the back of someone to get the ball. if you start allowing tackles from behind to win the ball then there's going to be lots of injuries. don't think the vision really leaves much to doubt.

it was a bad decision and it didn't impact the result so inconsequential but still the wrong decision. the referees thought process would've initially been I've seen him 'win' the ball, but it you go through a player to get the ball it's a foul every day of the week. if you go around the player and touch the ball then it's ok but if you scissor the guy and go straight through him it's definitely not.

Surely that becomes irrelevant if they've made contact prior to touching the ball?

Guess so, watching live it seemed fine and VAR reviewed it and also deemed it fine. It's like people are annoyed we don't get more goals overturned by VAR.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 15 & 16 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back