Premier Lg EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair play to Villa making the Champs League, and I am pleased for Emery, but if Arsenal had put out something “celebrating” securing fourth, the howls would be deafening.

And rightly so, these two teams aren't on the same tier.

Amazing effort for Villa to grab a top 4 spot.

Hard not to feel for Arsenal. The slip up against Villa at home is really all that stood between them and the title.

Man City are just relentless.

Arsenal have dropped 5 point in 2024. Thst is one hell of a bottle job.

The suggestion they coulda shoulda done something different here or there is ridiculous. You can’t compete when Team 115 get rolling like they have.

Arsenal have dropped 5 point in 2024. Thst is one hell of a bottle job.

The suggestion they coulda shoulda done something different here or there is ridiculous. You can’t compete when Team 115 get rolling like they have.
I mean, it isn't really. My point was factually correct. Reverse the Villa score line and you're one win at home away from the title.

As for not being able to compete once Man City get a roll on? Hogwash. You've pushed them the entire way.

I mean, it isn't really. My point was factually correct. Reverse the Villa score line and you're one win at home away from the title.

As for not being able to compete once Man City get a roll on? Hogwash. You've pushed them the entire way.

You're basically suggesting they needed to win every single game this year to beat City which of course is possible but frankly pretty ridiculous. They've won some big games to keep in touch and just because they dropped points to the team who's going to finish 4th shouldn't be a criticism.

You're basically suggesting they needed to win every single game this year to beat City which of course is possible but frankly pretty ridiculous. They've won some big games to keep in touch and just because they dropped points to the team who's going to finish 4th shouldn't be a criticism.
Sure, it's also pretty ridiculous for City to do it. That's the way it is now though, anyone that wants to win a title against City is going to have to win the very vast majority of their games.

A criticism? I literally wrote on this thread this morning "you've got to feel for Arsenal". I have no criticism at all, just pointing out the Villa game is the obvious one to me they'll regret.

Sure, it's also pretty ridiculous for City to do it. That's the way it is now though, anyone that wants to win a title against City is going to have to win the very vast majority of their games.

A criticism? I literally wrote on this thread this morning "you've got to feel for Arsenal". I have no criticism at all, just pointing out the Villa game is the obvious one to me they'll regret.

That is the way it is now that doesn't mean it's a slight on the team that finishes less than a win behind them after the season.

If anything I think the game against City is the one they'll regret as that was a literal title decider game.

The west ham game sticks with me tbh, you gotta be almost perfect to roll city

Arsenal have had a great season regardless and have come a long way from where they were when arteta took over.

Fair play to Villa making the Champs League, and I am pleased for Emery, but if Arsenal had put out something “celebrating” securing fourth, the howls would be deafening.
Worst post of the year. The club hasnt made it for 41 years. Any club in the same situation would do the same thing.

And you’re not happy for Emery. Stop trying to soften your shit post with false compliments.

That is the way it is now that doesn't mean it's a slight on the team that finishes less than a win behind them after the season.

If anything I think the game against City is the one they'll regret as that was a literal title decider game.
I never suggested it was a slight against them. They've been fantastic this season.

Your. first line here suggests otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst post of the year. The club hasnt made it for 41 years. Any club in the same situation would do the same thing.

And you’re not happy for Emery. Stop trying to soften your s**t post with false compliments.

Wow, why so angry? And you don’t know what I think about Emery. Maybe not everyone on this forum is a raving loon. Have you considered that?

Wow, why so angry? And you don’t know what I think about Emery. Maybe not everyone on this forum is a raving loon. Have you considered that?

I mean you've just shat on a 'small' club getting 4th for the first time in decades.

Yes every club can look across their 38 game season and ponder what if we salvaged a point here, or converted that chance for a winner there. It’s just one of those things in football. The Villa match is the outlier in an otherwise almost flawless 2024, that would be good enough to be crowned champions in most other seasons outside of the current City/Pep era.

I recall when the run ins were posted for Arsenal, Liverpool and City, most had deduced Arsenal have the most difficult run in. And predicted some losses/draws away in matches like Wolves, United and Spurs (make no mistake how much they wanted to end Arsenal’s season, just peruse this thread for confirmation haha :D). However Arsenal overcame those fixtures and have shown a resilience that even I questioned how they would fare, especially after that tough week exiting to Bayern and the Villa loss.

Arsenal have gone toe to toe with the City juggernaut and have taken it to the final day. It’s been an exceptionally good season, registering Arsenal’s highest number of wins in their PL history. More than the Invincibles; and the points tally will be second only to them. City just raise such a high bar and standard that you need to be near on perfect to exceed them.

Hoping for a Moysiah masterclass on his send off on the final day haha, however whatever happens happens. Either City or Arsenal would be deserving champions come this weekend.

Also pretty delusional from him having a crack at the fans. They’ve grown up and been conditioned to hate Arsenal, would know lots of Arsenal fans and cop lots of s**t from them at the best of times.

By losing it meant Spurs lost any chance of 4th place. Pretty stupid of the fans to celebrate that.

It's a losers mentality. Back when United were winning everything I knew City fans who openly admitted they would rather United lose a game then City win one.

I merely made an analogy about how different the response would be. Whatever. Happy for Villa, happy for Spurs, happy for City. And especially happy for Arsenal.

You compared a team that hasn't made top 4 in decades to a team that made top 4 in the last 10 years. Of course there's a difference.

Exactly. It's not the Villa of recent seasons. They're back to being one of the premier clubs in the UK, who seem to have worked out the gunners better than any other team this season.

Spurs on the other hand ... i wish my club Palace had their resources. I'll be belly up laughing on Monday if Palace knock off Villa, Tottenham win their final match, and the Arsenal still somehow win the League. To think as supporters that you would rather lose a match instead of fight for the riches of CL qualification, all because of some songs the opposition might sing.

Become a winning club, and they may not need to worry so much about 'Woolwich' as they like to call them.

He couldn't because it wasn't instant. Don't be that guy who thinks a hit on the head is meaningless if you don't show immediate symptoms. Just don't.

A concussion sub doesn't have to be instant. The protocol allows for a concussion sub if the player is initially assessed as not concussed then 'clear concussion symptoms evolve'.

It's a moot point in this case because City didn't play the concussion sub card. They must have assessed Ederson as not concussed but was shaken up by the collision so might not have been at his best. There's not much between Ederson and Ortega and it turned out that Ortega made some great saves. With 20/20 hindsight we can say it was the right call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back