Premier Lg EPL Matchday 7 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Frustrating. Pretty comfortable before the goal but they could easily have scored 3 that half.

Bernardo on the right slows things down too much. Savinho or Doku to come on and get behind the defence. Grealish doing OK on the left.

I'd consider bringing walker on against Traire and Robinson. Rico off or into the midfield.

Lewis getting overawed on that side. Definitely need Walker on.

Yet another case of us not taking our chances and getting sucker punched on the break. Happens far too often against these lower sides.
Arteta didn't learn after Villa last year. Havertz up top has resulted in goals, he brings others into the game, he is poor in midfield.
Today he has Jesus up top offering nothing, and Havertz in midfield.

Needs to bring Martinelli on for Sterling, Havertz up top, and Jesus off for Trossard.

I think it's a case of resting some tired legs.

But yeah, these were my exact thoughts when I saw the lineup.

It highlights how thin we are up front.
Jesus up top might have worked if Trossard was l8 but Havertz just doesn't work in that role.
If you need to give Havertz a breather then he shouldn't be in midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Would hardly call it breathtaking. It is good but it's not even the best assist today.
Both special, one was inch perfect timing and placement and one was a phenomenally freakish bit of quick thinking.

Fulham's first goal was the better one though, no arguments here.

Very frustrating but Arsenal certainly have IT. The amount of times they come from behind or win late is very impressive. Ready to take the next step for sure.
To be fair Pool or City would have put 4 or 5 past Southampton today, we have been poor. Late last season we would have been 3-0 by HT.

Very frustrating but Arsenal certainly have IT. The amount of times they come from behind or win late is very impressive. Ready to take the next step for sure.
I still think we're missing a killer finisher who can turn half chances into goals. (As I write this Saka does exactly that)

I feel like we leave a lot of goals out on the park due to poor/indecisive finishing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 7 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back