Premier Lg EPL Matchday 8 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would a player intentionally miss their next game? It wouldn't be worth it.
If it is denying a goal in the last 5-10 minutes it might be worth it as you would back your team to see it out. When it is only 30 minutes in let them go it is not worth the risk, you would rather be 1 down than playing with 10 for 60 minutes

Didn't see the Sarr one, but VDV was a straight red imo.
The Sarr one was worse than the VDV one

I had it as at least a yellow for kicking VDV on the ground, a red for the push to VDV's face and another red for the Sarr one. Should be looking at 6 or 7 matches

Like to hear the audio explaining the "clear and obvious" error part of the initial yellow card decision that got VAR involved in the first place.
the fact that he gave a yellow instead of a straight red in the first place

Way too early to be talking title races imo.

It's just a bad result for Arsenal, and nothing more than that.
You guys set the bar so high though that any result that isnt a win feels like you've lost the title.

That's just how it is with the fans really even though that's not quite true in football terms.

Well done to Sarr for not falling on his arse - I guess his teammates had already overplayed that move
Richarlison got pushed into the back of Kudus head and actually got a decent accidental headbutt

Vdv in a closer game I'd be filthy if he didn't try and get Kudus sent off there. At 4-1 it didn't matter one bit

You guys set the bar so high though that any result that isnt a win feels like you've lost the title.

That's just how it is with the fans really even though that's not quite true in football terms.
You have that attitude and you're beaten before you start. Everyone has bad results during a season, including us.

The trick (for me at least) is to have a bit of balance. Don't go over the top with a good result, don't go over the top with a bad result. It's too draining to put that much stake on a single game.

I don't think it was a red card. It definitely shouldn't have been overturned as it wasn't a clear and obvious error. Tross definitely sold him up the creek though.
How wasnt it preventing a goal scoring opportunity?

He was clean through on goal, White wouldn't have got to it, Raya wouldn't have got to it. He was passed Saliba.

For me, it was as clear and obvious as you can get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was clean through on goal, White wouldn't have got to it, Raya wouldn't have got to it. He was passed Saliba.

Suppose so, challenge just seems so incredibly soft to be given as a red.

I understand this is not the point you're making.

Suppose so, challenge just seems so incredibly soft to be given as a red.

I understand this is not the point you're making.
Yeah the challenge isn't the reason he got the red, the last man is. DOGSO!

Part of the guidelines is about whether the player is going away from goal and the likelihood of an opponent challenging them.

I'm comfortable the right call was made w regards to Raya. Nowhere near a clear & obvious DOGSO for me.

Would have loved if if he was banned for our away game vs them though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 8 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back