Premier Lg EPL Matchday 8 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Chelsea should have and could have won that game. Thought they were the better team overall, just couldn't take their chances
Taking your chances is kind of the whole point of the game. I don’t think Chelsea had another clear cut chance and the Jackson goal was a millimetre on side.

I agree re. Jones non shot - no idea what he was waiting for.

Don't even know why it's a discussion for the B.Silva offside. Can't blame the linesman for calling it as from his view it probably looked like B. Silva was in the keeper's line of sight.

Upon VAR replay absolutely clear that B. Silva was not interfering with or affecting the keeper playing / saving the ball. One of the most obvious of calls to overturn.

For anyone that wonders why the referee was sent to the screen for a OFR it is mandatory for subjective offside calls to be overturned (player interfering / not interfering with play).

Taking your chances is kind of the whole point of the game. I don’t think Chelsea had another clear cut chance and the Jackson goal was a millimetre on side.

I agree re. Jones non shot - no idea what he was waiting for.

Looked like he was caught between going around the keeper and finishing it.

Frustrating loss, two pretty soft goals to give away with a silly challenge from Colwill and then just nobody tracking Jones running into the box. Great ball from Salah too.

Not having Cucurella definitely hurt, Gusto didn't have the same impact on the left as he would on the right.

Really really liked Lavia, he and Caicedo could be a very good pairing in time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 8 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back