No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 7000 Milestone & Beyond šŸ„³ - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder how much Simon Goodwin new.... And how much he applied to Melbourne... Certainpy adapted the disdain for player welfare. with the abusing of drs around concussions in 2020 and petracca...
I can tell you that Melbourne DID do the same thing. Dank went there (unofficially) after Essendon and was doping players with the same stuff. When the Essendon scandal broke, he was cut loose and the AFL disowned him. This was before Goodwin's era - I think he was still at EFC.

Melbourne players were on the gear. But the club was a mess at the time and under (effective) AFL administration. The story went away under the power of the AFL media machine. How much impact it had, I don't know. But I know there were players taking truckloads of injections off site, just as they were at EFC.

This is one reason EFC was dirty. I think it was also partly why Dank was smug about it as he knew it would get out if it went to court. For those with long memories, there were fairly incriminating texts with Jack Trengove at Melbourne that floated around at the time. That is not how I know, but the evidence is out there. I have no sympathy for EFC either way.

I can tell you that Melbourne DID do the same thing. Dank went there (unofficially) after Essendon and was doping players with the same stuff. When the Essendon scandal broke, he was cut loose and the AFL disowned him. This was before Goodwin's era - I think he was still at EFC.

Melbourne players were on the gear. But the club was a mess at the time and under (effective) AFL administration. The story went away under the power of the AFL media machine. How much impact it had, I don't know. But I know there were players taking truckloads of injections off site, just as they were at EFC.

This is one reason EFC was dirty. I think it was also partly why Dank was smug about it as he knew it would get out if it went to court. For those with long memories, there were fairly incriminating texts with Jack Trengove at Melbourne that floated around at the time. That is not how I know, but the evidence is out there. I have no sympathy for EFC either way.

Just a reminder here that you personally are the publisher of your post, and you would want to be able to demonstrate those facts should anyone come a-knocking.

Just a reminder here that you personally are the publisher of your post, and you would want to be able to demonstrate those facts should anyone come a-knocking.
Wouldnā€™t the link be posted with the comments be suffice as it is from an official media outlet?

Wouldnā€™t the link be posted with the comments be suffice as it is from an official media outlet?

The article doesn't say what the poster said.

Wasnā€™t far off. Pretty damning article that I had never seen. The poster if anything exaggerated it a bit but still a lot of what was said was just in the article.

The Dank connection to Melbourne came out at the time. What didn't come out were records of peptides and a regime for offside injections. Drawing conclusions from the article that Melbourne did the same as Essendon is speculative.

They will make finals. Have games to come against Geelong and Melbourne who are both stumbling massively, and more soft home games against Adelaide, Freo, Gold Coast. They will win 4 out of those 5 games bringing them to 13 wins and a draw which will be enough. Hopefully they won't win any other games in the home and away season, and should end up bottom half of the 8, preferably travelling to Brisbane for a final, and get spanked by more than 10 goals to end their season. That's what they deserve. They are sh*t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will make finals. Have games to come against Geelong and Melbourne who are both stumbling massively, and more soft home games against Adelaide, Freo, Gold Coast. They will win 4 out of those 5 games bringing them to 13 wins and a draw which will be enough. Hopefully they won't win any other games in the home and away season, and should end up bottom half of the 8, preferably travelling to Brisbane for a final, and get spanked by more than 10 goals to end their season. That's what they deserve. They are sh*t.
After their performance against the Wet Toast, I wouldn't put money on them winning 4 out of those 5 games.

FFS watching ch7 news Melbourne and they have mentioned *ā€™s ā€œbig winā€ about three times already ..
Do yourself a favour and turn off watching all news. The Essendon part is tip of the iceberg when it comes to bullshit

I actually hope the opposite. Wish they beat the Pies in a couple of weeks and somehow hold onto 3rd, whilst we finish second.

Clears our path straight into a prelim, Collingwood have to go play a QF in Sydney, followed by a banana peel against a more dangerous side than Essendon anyway (GWS, Brisbane, Freo).

And the Bombers lose in straight sets. Glorious.

I actually hope the opposite. Wish they beat the Pies in a couple of weeks and somehow hold onto 3rd, whilst we finish second.

Clears our path straight into a prelim, Collingwood have to go play a QF in Sydney, followed by a banana peel against a more dangerous side than Essendon anyway (GWS, Brisbane, Freo).

And the Bombers lose in straight sets. Glorious.
I like your foresight Kaladin :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back