No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 7000 Milestone & Beyond šŸ„³ - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

As true Carlton people we need to be on TalkBack radio this week talking about how unlucky they were and how they are a real finals threat. Keep building the hope. Talk up that skinny campaigner with the $12 haircut and 2 metre ranga and how good Shiel looked in the 2s. Build em up so it burns even more

This is very important- the more Kool-Aid we provide the longer it will take them to go for the full rebuild.

;)

This is very important- the more Kool-Aid we provide the longer it will take them to go for the full rebuild.

;)
Despite Brad being a good coach one of his downsides is the excuse making and Kool aid delivering. Perfect for us. Coach good enough to north them. Not good enough to win. Too many excuses to properly rebuild. chefs kiss

All round their profile is older than I thought. All their key playmakers are all over 26, so they're in their prime window now. Was surprised McGrath and Parish are already 26. Even the legendary Hind is 29. Thought Guelfi was like 21 he's also 26.

All round their profile is older than I thought. All their key playmakers are all over 26, so they're in their prime window now. Was surprised McGrath and Parish are already 26. Even the legendary Hind is 29. Thought Guelfi was like 21 he's also 26.

* supporters should fear not, Matt Rosa will fix it

1718067980815.gif

Donā€™t forget Goldstein who turns 50 later this year

I have dived a lot deeper into that. I was curious about this "young team" moniker that the * mouthpieces in the media constantly churn out.

In all but two games they've been the oldest most experienced team in the match up. They're comfortably in the top six oldest and experienced teams each weekend.

They ain't no spring chickens.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have dived a lot deeper into that. I was curious about this "young team" moniker that the * mouthpieces in the media constantly churn out.

In all but two games they've been the oldest most experienced team in the match up. They're comfortably in the top six oldest and experienced teams each weekend.

Let the delusions of grandeur continue I say :D

Yep, the quick rise up the ladder is a Brad Scott special. Refuse to properly bottom out to get A-graders and become perennial semi & preliminary finalists.

I actually rate him as a game day coach & getting a squad to play for him, but if he thinks he can cut corners and win a flag like he tried to at North, he's mistaken. Proven clubs like Geelong & Collingwood may be able to do this & pinch a flag every decade (although I think both their times are coming to an end), but absolutely no way Essendon can pull that off.

Like SOS said in his famous interview with Caro all those years ago - "I can build you a list to finish 6th like that".

It's certainly not an out of the box experience against us on Sunday night, but what did McGrath actually achieve during the game?

I saw him a couple of times but his impact on the contest and the overall game was negligible.

At no point prior to the game or during the play did I think, maybe Cincotta goes to hi to quell his influence.

That is pretty damning seeing as though he has played a lot of footy and plays in a part of the ground where players can really impact the match both in total possessions and scores from turnover.

It's certainly not an out of the box experience against us on Sunday night, but what did McGrath actually achieve during the game?

I saw him a couple of times but his impact on the contest and the overall game was negligible.

At no point prior to the game or during the play did I think, maybe Cincotta goes to hi to quell his influence.

That is pretty damning seeing as though he has played a lot of footy and plays in a part of the ground where players can really impact the match both in total possessions and scores from turnover.
His only impact was his panicked (as usual) kick across goal being turned over, directly leading to our solitary third quarter goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the quick rise up the ladder is a Brad Scott special. Refuse to properly bottom out to get A-graders and become perennial semi & preliminary finalists.

I actually rate him as a game day coach & getting a squad to play for him, but if he thinks he can cut corners and win a flag like he tried to at North, he's mistaken. Proven clubs like Geelong & Collingwood may be able to do this & pinch a flag every decade (although I think both their times are coming to an end), but absolutely no way Essendon can pull that off.

Like SOS said in his famous interview with Caro all those years ago - "I can build you a list to finish 6th like that".
Two decades of Dodo taking outside runners and then having the coaching staff try and turn them into inside mids.

devil may cry dodged a bullet GIF by Jason Clarke

Clearly not big enough .............

Perfect encapsulation of how well the public is served by AFL media. Fawning turgid stuff.
Its either
1. Ralph is an imbecile, because there wasn't anything "unwitting" about it. Thompson-Robinson-Dank-Charters-Hird all knew each other
2. Ralph wants clicks, so writes outrageous lies for attention and engagement

Its probably both. If he wanted to really get smart and drive engagement, he could have said Thompson who invited the shit storm in and because of that, they still haven't recovered.

Nahhh Hirdy knew nothing, a totally innocent figure, so was the chairman now I come to think of it...

t7Abebe.png

The mass exodus at the 10 minute mark of the final quarter was a thing of beauty. I thought the fire alarm must have gone off the Kool-Aid drinkers were clearing out that quickly.
Including the Karen flipping the bird to all and sundry that the cameras picked up. Classy lady that one.

Nahhh Hirdy knew nothing, a totally innocent figure, so was the chairman now I come to think of it...

t7Abebe.png
Wonder how much Simon Goodwin new.... And how much he applied to Melbourne... Certainpy adapted the disdain for player welfare. with the abusing of drs around concussions in 2020 and petracca...

Pretenders!

GPxqtyIaAAAC6de

Anyone could have told you that * are flat track bullies. :p They might still play finals as theyā€™ve banked 8 wins and a 1 at this stage, but that draw should make their supporters extremely nervous. šŸ˜‚

Geelong and Melbourne as the teams inside the top 8 might be their most winnable games of teams in the top 8 on account that theyā€™ve not been very good lately. West Coast, St Kilda (probably tanking at some stage late into this season), Adelaide and Gold Coast would be the easiest fixtures theyā€™ve got. The rest should be losses (Collingwood, Fremantle, Sydney and Brisbane). They will either squeeze into the 8 with 5 more wins or totally blow it by losing 7 or 8 games.

Brisbane will start making a charge. The game against the Bombers in round 24 at the Gabba could determine both teamsā€™ fate.
Anyone could have told you that * are flat track bullies. :p They might still play finals as theyā€™ve banked 8 wins and a 1 at this stage, but that draw should make their supporters extremely nervous. šŸ˜‚

Geelong and Melbourne as the teams inside the top 8 might be their most winnable games of teams in the top 8 on account that theyā€™ve not been very good lately. West Coast, St Kilda (probably tanking at some stage late into this season), Adelaide and Gold Coast would be the easiest fixtures theyā€™ve got. The rest should be losses (Collingwood, Fremantle, Sydney and Brisbane). They will either squeeze into the 8 with 5 more wins or totally blow it by losing 7 or 8 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 7000 Milestone & Beyond šŸ„³ - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back