Roast Essendon in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah and been better than the bottom sides and basically just played them and beaten no one else. Some nice decisions to get home v adelaide- position is certainly inflated by a fair bit.

Probably a 6-10 side
Guess we will find out next time we play you.

Bombers are still a mediocre side in no mans land.
We saw the difference tonight between a side with average talent due to enduring years of mid table mediocrity, and a side chock full of high draft picks due to being near the bottom of the ladder for so long.

We saw the difference tonight between a side with average talent due to enduring years of mid table mediocrity, and a side chock full of high draft picks due to being near the bottom of the ladder for so long.
Surely you didn't wait 3 weeks to post that, and after an 11 point loss up in QLD, right? Your mob lost to them by 11 goals lmao.

I think the result tonight says more about Essendon and its improvement than anything the Suns got out of it.

The new found "edge" as we're so eloquently reminded of has drawn a line in the sand and barring one mishap to a rampaging Port, the Swans got a hold of us late, we're on track with our long term endeavours.

Lost to a team by 2 goals, who are undefeated at home, whose average winning margin is 40 points? Yeah, clearly terrible

The difference between that is 11 points while at home? Should be a much bigger gap lol....

Gold Coast had more of their list available as well, we were missing 6 starters including our best player from last years clash against the suns who had 30 touches, 11 clearances, 6 tackles and 3 brownlow votes.

Maybe take another shot at this one
I did say can and if so nah I'm good.

Doesn't change that if we had won tonight it wouldn't count for you guys since GC would be out the 8.

The most vanilla, mediocre piece of toast post that one could possibly publish .all in a pathetic, vague attempt to nudge an Essendon fan.

It’s embarrassing for you.

You must do better son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast is a fortress. Nobody is going to win there in 2024.

Essendon clearly still the 2nd best side in the business.

Look forward to seeing how they go against Sydney on Grand Final day.

Was looking for Essendon to make a statement by winning a hard game like yesterdays. With Carlton, WCE, Cats, Pies and Dees in the next 5 if they don't win 3 of these they're not going to be a serious threat come sept.

If they want to win a final they should be winning 4 with the Carlton match being the hardest

Was looking for Essendon to make a statement by winning a hard game like yesterdays. With Carlton, WCE, Cats, Pies and Dees in the next 5 if they don't win 3 of these they're not going to be a serious threat come sept.

If they want to win a final they should be winning 4 with the Carlton match being the hardest

really?

lol

we have been putting paper over cracks for the last month, apart from the GWS win, we have been pretty terrible.
Carlton will be very tough this week.

Gold Coast is a fortress. Nobody is going to win there in 2024.

Essendon clearly still the 2nd best side in the business.

Look forward to seeing how they go against Sydney on Grand Final day.
i'm an optimist but i think we'll end up with an away elimination final, still some missing pieces of the puzzle to fill in before we're an actual good side

Biggest concern atm is our next gen players. Another injury to Reid, Tsatas disposal is a huge concern, Hobbs a bit one dimensional. A lot of pressure on the club for the Caddy pick to come off imo.

That’s being said it’s a relief to finally see have some on field competency in terms of implementing a game plan.

Surely you didn't wait 3 weeks to post that, and after an 11 point loss up in QLD, right? Your mob lost to them by 11 goals lmao.
Gold Coast have 15 first round picks on their list, while we hardly have any.
I'm not surprised they smashed us given our vulnerability in the midfield.
Flags aren't won in Darwin so I'm not concerned with that loss.

Yesterday’s loss changes nothing in context. A game lost in 1st qtr with poor goal kicking. Then again in 3rd qtr.
Forward entries poor and costly, a bit off with forward pressure resulted in Suns easy movement at times. But it could’ve gone either way.

Langford injury to be decisive. Need Parish / Draper back. It’s a long, even year. This year to me was never about winning finals. Not to say they can’t. But next year and beyond should be years they look to win finals based on their path and expected progression.

So when Essendon lose to Gold Coast by 2 goals at home (whose average home winning margin is 40 points) it's this:
And when Geelong lose to GC by 11 goals it's this:
Gold Coast have 15 first round picks on their list, while we hardly have any.
I'm not surprised they smashed us given our vulnerability in the midfield.
Flags aren't won in Darwin so I'm not concerned with that loss.
Riiiiiiiight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Essendon in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back