Roast Essendon in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

So when Essendon lose to Gold Coast by 2 goals at home (whose average home winning margin is 40 points) it's this:

And when Geelong lose to GC by 11 goals it's this:

Riiiiiiiight.
Difference is we've won shedloads of silverware in recent years.

Gold Coast is a fortress. Nobody is going to win there in 2024.

Essendon clearly still the 2nd best side in the business.

Look forward to seeing how they go against Sydney on Grand Final day.
Sydney don't win grand finals, they only participate.

Difference is we've won shedloads of silverware in recent years.
Difference is one lost by 11 points and the only real difference in the game was forward efficiency. The other lost by 11 goals and was dominated in pretty much every aspect of the game.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Difference is one lost by 11 points and the only real difference in the game was forward efficiency. The other lost by 11 goals and was dominated in pretty much every aspect of the game.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
My point is both our sides have been deprived of high draft picks for a long time.
We've been playing finals and winning flags year in, year out and Essendon have been a middling side not good enough to contend while not being bad enough to bottom out.

My point is both our sides have been deprived of high draft picks for a long time.
We've been playing finals and winning flags year in, year out and Essendon have been a middling side not good enough to contend while not being bad enough to bottom out.

And none of it you would have without father sons which led to the winning culture that attracted Dangerfield and Cameron. The AFL also allowed 2 draft tampering gold coast deals that only favored you. You've had as good a ride from the AFL's unbalanced talent acquisition mechanisms as any over the last 25 years.

You’ve won 1 flag in the last 13 years, it’s not that big of a flex.

You’ve won 1 flag in the last 13 years, it’s not that big of a flex.

Winning a single Elimination Final would be an all-time historic moment for your club. I wouldn't be too quick to devalue a premiership.

The know how.
Although Brad Scott did play in a premiership, this was during his time at Brisbane. Scott was only involved with North as a coach, and did not win a premiership despite finals campaigns in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Todd Goldstein and Ben McKay did not play in a premiership during their time at North Melbourne.

Although Brad Scott did play in a premiership, this was during his time at Brisbane. Scott was only involved with North as a coach, and did not win a premiership despite finals campaigns in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Todd Goldstein and Ben McKay did not play in a premiership during their time at North Melbourne.
Thanks for clearing that up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 19 first round picks on our list
12 top 10
3 top 5

But that's irrelevant I guess.

Wining a single game would be an all time historic moment for your spuds, I’d be sitting this one out if I was you.
That's not true, North won games as recently as last year. Essendon hasn't won a final in twenty years.

Your coach has abused more women, reporters and officials than he has won games at you’re basket case of a club.

That's an amazing stat. What's the connection to my post though?

1-2 more losses and we’re out of the 8 because low percentage.
least I got to experience Essendon in the top 3 half way through a season one time, hasn’t happened since early 2000s.
Feels like a similar situation to the one Port find themselves in.
Dodoro and Hinkley are both mediocre personified and are burrowed deep within their clubs like ticks.
It's a shame because both clubs were seen as powerhouses when I was growing up.

They were doomed when Ben Dixon said they would make a prelim this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back