Roast Essendon in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Wright is getting right into form to kick 8 against the Blues...

Literally have no reason to be scared of Hawkins kicking 10 goals in the first quarter anymore, the 3 man tag team of Ridley coming back, Ben Mckay and father time will see to that.

and lmao at not thinking we can't beat the suns at marvel but locking in wins against crows and freo.

Father Time is undefeated one on one.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eagles win looking a lot better right now.... they will not be easy beats at Optus.. might only lose 1 more game at home for the rest of the season.

Fixture inflates them, but certainly belong in the 8, can they stay there? should do with the draw.
I'm not saying we're top 4 material, but we drew to an in form Collingwood and convincingly beat GWS and Bulldogs who I believe will make the 8.
There aren't many teams in the 8 that I fear playing (at least in the home and away season). We'll play Collingwood, Geelong, Carlton and Melbourne over the next 8 weeks. It'll tell us more about what we can do this year.

Looking at our fixture for the rest of the season, I'm a little worried about Gold Coast away in two weeks and Geelong as always. Very worried about Brisbane in Brisbane in round 24.

I think we're a chance in every other game.

Eagles win looking a lot better right now.... they will not be easy beats at Optus.. might only lose 1 more game at home for the rest of the season.

disagree

We absolutely dominated the eagles in general play, but a regular theme has emerged this year that Essendon simply cannot kick goals when they dominate play. Same thing against Adelaide when we beat them. We had 1 good Qtr against North.

Until we put teams to the sword, we won't do much when it matters if we let teams stay in games.

I still believe our % is a true reflection of where we are at and whilst i'll take it. we are not good enough to be top 4 as it stands.

Last edited:
Showing promising signs for the future but still inconsistent and the heavy loss to Port wasn't that long ago.

Suspect we'll finish 7th or 8th this year and the aim for the club right now should be winning the elimination final.

If we can get the finals win out of the way this year then we're well placed to have a crack at the top 6 next year.

I'm not saying we're top 4 material, but we drew to an in form Collingwood and convincingly beat GWS and Bulldogs who I believe will make the 8.
There aren't many teams in the 8 that I fear playing (at least in the home and away season). We'll play Collingwood, Geelong, Carlton and Melbourne over the next 8 weeks. It'll tell us more about what we can do this year.

Looking at our fixture for the rest of the season, I'm a little worried about Gold Coast away in two weeks and Geelong as always. Very worried about Brisbane in Brisbane in round 24.

I think we're a chance in every other game.
I wouldn't say Collingwood are in form. We barely scraped through against Crows at MCG

I wouldn't say Collingwood are in form. We barely scraped through against Crows at MCG
Maybe that's Collingwood's level this year with Pendlebury and Sidebottom ageing. As soon as Pendlebury stopped dominating the game Adelaide came back.

Who else are more inform than Collingwood, Sydney and Essendon? No one so counting who each team has beaten in the top 8 is meaningless at this point of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does this mean? before the season we were slated to be 1-6 by everyone, and we were 4-2.

Yeah and been better than the bottom sides and basically just played them and beaten no one else. Some nice decisions to get home v adelaide- position is certainly inflated by a fair bit.

Probably a 6-10 side

fixture or not I as someone who pegged us to be shit this year wanted to see change. Change in endeavour, change in attitude, change in ticker. We gave up so many runs of goals in the last few years, this year we have given up very few 5+ goal runs (at a guess, would be less than 5). We were good for one a game last year.

The buy in has been phenomenal, better still, so glad Ross Lyon and Clark did us a favour by turning us down. The Scott appointment looks like an inspired one.

The sleeping giant of the AFL is about awaken

The buy in has been phenomenal, better still, so glad Ross Lyon and Clark did us a favour by turning us down. The Scott appointment looks like an inspired one.
Yeah, I thought Brad Scott was a good appointment at the time. I thought he was a bit stiff to get the sack at the Kangaroos in the first place, to be honest. Especially seeing how the players seemed desperate to get a result for him in his last match there.

He didn't achieve anything meaningful at the Roos, but I feel that they never really had a list where that should have been expected of him.

Yeah, I thought Brad Scott was a good appointment at the time. I thought he was a bit stiff to get the sack at the Kangaroos in the first place, to be honest. Especially seeing how the players seemed desperate to get a result for him in his last match there.

He didn't achieve anything meaningful at the Roos, but I feel that they never really had a list where that should have been expected of him.
Nothing meaningful!? He won a final.

Nothing meaningful!? He won a final.
Hahaha fair call. He also got them to 2 Preliminary Finals despite never finishing higher than 6th (which I'd say was a fair result for the squad they had) which is a solid effort.

disagree

We absolutely dominated the eagles in general play, but a regular theme has emerged this year that Essendon simply cannot kick goals when they dominate play. Same thing against Adelaide when we beat them. We had 1 good Qtr against North.

Until we put teams to the sword, we won't do much when it matters if we let teams stay in games.

I still believe our % is a true reflection of where we are at and whilst i'll take it. we are not good enough to be top 4 as it stands.
If Peter can actually hold onto 4 or 5 more grabs from the squillion attempts he has every week then we are a 3 goal better side than we are now.

He drops a lot of them…let’s face it.

Last edited:
Talking about changes for the Tigers game and there may be some really unlucky guys who could make way to improve the 23 we have put out.

Jordan Ridley (Club B&F winner), Zac Reid (some rate as the best talent of those three early selections we took in 2020) and arguably the best big man in the VFL on current form, Nik Bryan could all taste the action this week.

Not even touching on 2023 first round selection Nate Caddy or late draft steal Archie Roberts who has been in really good form at VFL level. Oh, and an unheralded kid called Lewis Hayes has probably been one of the most consistent kids we've had on the list over the past 15 months and not earns a game.

Times are finally changing, improve the depth further in the midfield (filters down to VFL level) and get one or two of those small forwards not doing a great deal and this list looks completely different to the one that has barely fired a shot in 5 years.

Talking about changes for the Tigers game and there may be some really unlucky guys who could make way to improve the 23 we have put out.

Jordan Ridley (Club B&F winner), Zac Reid (some rate as the best talent of those three early selections we took in 2020) and arguably the best big man in the VFL on current form, Nik Bryan could all taste the action this week.

Not even touching on 2023 first round selection Nate Caddy or late draft steal Archie Roberts who has been in really good form at VFL level. Oh, and an unheralded kid called Lewis Hayes has probably been one of the most consistent kids we've had on the list over the past 15 months and not earns a game.

Times are finally changing, improve the depth further in the midfield (filters down to VFL level) and get one or two of those small forwards not doing a great deal and this list looks completely different to the one that has barely fired a shot in 5 years.

Yep non Dons forget we have Caddy in the wings developing and waiting.

Don’t know how we are going to slot him in that forward line though.

Unless Harrison falls into a big slump, it’s hard to see where we put him.

But the idea of Peter, Langford, String, Caddy, Gwelf, Jones and Gresham is a nice thought…

Time to use Carlton excuses, injuries are starting to stack up at Essendon. On the weekend we're missing Draper, Parish, Ridley, Cox, Duursma and Reid against North.

We're barely holding onto second and falling across the line, will be lucky to beat the tigers this weekend.

Last edited:

Calm down a bit I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Essendon in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back