AFC1990

Debutant
Nov 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal FC, Glenelg
Not sure on the rulings relating to runners and coaching etc, but was made aware of a tactic used by the bombers today. The two runners were tag teaming all game,with
one of them on the field for every minute of the game. Much of the time was about 20-40m off the ball, filling space on the defensive side of play. There is obviously a time limit nominated by the afl on the time a runner can stay on the ground, and they rotated like players off the bench.

Can anyone provide and insight into the legality of this tactic?

I also noticed this and was going to raise it on here, I thought after the John Barnes 'tactics' the rule was that one runner on the ground at a time and they are to deliver a message and then leave the ground.......................AFC should get this investigated because clearly a majority of teams are doing the right thing and a few are flouting the rules.

I thought it was VB that kicked it and it looked to me that he aimed that way to get the free kick :eek:

Considering that it appears to now be worth a free kick, i wouldn't be surprised to see it start to become more exploited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon runners tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back