Essendon vow enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

You should know. They aren’t just beating school kids in contests. They’re winning clearances and the hard grunt stuff against strong midfield combinations that aren’t just young combinations.

St Kilda don't have a strong midfield combination.

They're bottom 4 in terms of midfields easily.

And who have Carlton beat?

Brisbane win not that impressive with how they are travling atm.

Beat up on Richmond and North who are destined to finished bottom four.

Yet Carlton fans acting like they are best team in the comp and having a right to pot other clubs fans lols
Opening 5 rounds are all winless sides with a bye in there to boot

I still don't know what that has to do with what I was talking about
You say the saints arent much of a win because of their list profile.
We're not that different. Except id say the saints have generally been better drilled than us of late.

Wasnt a great win but ill rank it a good one for effort and grit.

We're not that different. Except id say the saints have generally been better drilled than us of late.

The Saints are not much of a win.

Just cause Essendon suck, that doesn't change.

Certainly can't question Essendon's effort.

I don't think you see enough of us if you think we kick lots of goals from the spread. Stoppage yeah, turnover, a little, fwd half defensive turnovers hardly any.
Cool. Let’s see how many goals finals sides let you kick goals from the spread. Haven’t seen it when it counts for a while.

But yeah; I’m sure you’ve seen enough in September as a Bomber to override my view.

You actually have it the other way around. We rely far too much on getting goals from stoppages and centre clearances and not enough on turnovers (especially forward-half turnovers) and from our defensive half. We have the opposite problem.

Setterfield, Durham and Perkins really transformed our midfield with their size, competitiveness and ability to stick tackles. The issue is we've dominated the midfield in all 3 games but our skills and defending the transition undoes all of our midfield dominance.

Sydney beat us by waiting to intercept our clearances and then burning us the other way with their good foot skills.

To beat Essendon you need:
  • good intercepters
  • good footskills

Have those two things and the game is almost already won because whatever dominance we have in the middle is nullified.
You’re soft on the 50/50 contest

Cool. Let’s see how many goals finals sides let you kick goals from the spread. Haven’t seen it when it counts for a while.

But yeah; I’m sure you’ve seen enough in September as a Bomber to override my view.
you're welcome to continue to be a ****wit or you can actually debate like a reasonable poster.. choice is yours

you're welcome to continue to be a ******* or you can actually debate like a reasonable poster.. choice is yours
Hmmm… time will tell Yoda.
Let’s chat thru the season.

I have a feeling your sides lack of grit will mean that you won’t win at the pointy end come finals time, but I’m happy for you to bump this if I’m wrong. As I said, there will be joy in my family if your team has success. I just can’t see it though.

And that’s the great thing about a footy forum eh, we all have our own views? Just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t mean I’m an *********

Enjoy the season mate….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And who have Carlton beat?

Brisbane win not that impressive with how they are travling atm.

Beat up on Richmond and North who are destined to finished bottom four.

Yet Carlton fans acting like they are best team in the comp and having a right to pot other clubs fans lols
Richmond just beat a potential top four side, if they play like that more there's no way they'll finish bottom four.

In any case, it's better than your faux-tough "edge" crap.

Your mob broke a lot of tackles in our forward 50, counter attacked well and definitely beat us in the ruck.

As you said should be happy for the effort put in.

That Carlton supporter who crapped on about Essendon’s deficient midfield has been noticeably quiet of late. His disappearance coinciding with Essendon’s midfield clearance ascent to the top of the clearance charts. Hmm.

Your mob broke a lot of tackles in our forward 50, counter attacked well and definitely beat us in the ruck.

As you said should be happy for the effort put in.
Goldstein has been an astute pickup. Draper needs that experienced mentor alongside him imo.

We went from low IQ footy to being a little smarter and not panicking when the tackles came.
bit to do still, but was a nice win along the way

Maybe we did keep it in house and nothing changed, could be a way for Brad to put it on the players to step up or look like chumps.

The issue is the shitty name, just say we plan to be physical without the gimmicks. Essendon aren't great at these things though, we'll probably have an Essendon Edge tshirt for sale in a month
I would be careful criticising names

A wanted international crime boss known as the ‘Dapper Don’ has potentially exposed his location to authorities through a series of Google reviews for hotels, jewellery stores and airport lounges posted under an alias.

You wrote: As a Hawthorne supporter I'd be interested to get your take on Jai Newcombe...
This means you're a Hawthorn supporter who is interested in my take on Jai Newcombe

You should've written: I'd be interested to get your take, as a Hawthorn supporter, on Jai Newcombe...
Wot? Brah, these are the same constructions. The placement of the subordinate clause doesn't change the meaning.

Big test this week, Friday night V a contender away from home. Let's see if they're tough enough or if it's all piss and vinegar
interesting one
our 2 games v port last year were decided under a kick
Port are in that top 6 bracket for me though. So should beat us.
We're in the middle of the 7-12 bracket. Where in that bracket will be how we shape up in these games.

Big test this week, Friday night V a contender away from home. Let's see if they're tough enough or if it's all piss and vinegar
Not really. As I’ve said, 2025 will be the year they start to move up the ladder. 2024 is a year of finalising player optimal positions, settling down the side, bedding down structural components and playing younger players back from years of injury.

Port are the better side presently, playing at home. A competitive effort is the minimum expectation, anything more a bonus. That’s the reality of this weeks encounter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon vow enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back