Essendon vow enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Favourite part of this thread are Essendon fans are gladly lining up to buy the snake oil from the well known snake oil salesman.
Good job lads.
No, it’s not snake oil, nackers. It’s there for all to see in the match statistics. Essendon is winning games by midfield dominance. Ranked #1 in the AFL after three rounds. Now, we all know they won’t maintain league leading status in this area and will get beaten at stoppages probably this week and lose the match. But fact is years of weakness has become a widely recognised strength and area of noted vast improvement. All achieved before any of ‘experts’ and punters finally caught up to what’s actually happening.

No, it’s not snake oil, nackers. It’s there for all to see in the match statistics. Essendon is winning games by midfield dominance. Ranked #1 in the AFL after three rounds. Now, we all know they won’t maintain league leading status in this area and will get beaten at stoppages probably this week and lose the match. But fact is years of weakness has become a widely recognised strength and area of noted vast improvement. All achieved before any of ‘experts’ and punters finally caught up to what’s actually happening.
The classic Brad Scott technique is to set low expectations for success and instead refer to the future, never the present.

Coming from the ‘expert’ who couldn’t stop talking about clearance and midfield contest deficiencies. How off the mark you are.. Time to get on your bike I’d say 😄

In one post you’re grandstanding about the dons new number 1 ranked powerhouse midfield and in the next you’re furiously backpedaling over the chances in this weekends game against Port.
You’ve beaten the 17th placed hawks and fell over the line against the saints.
Good on you for having a go mate, but i reckon I’ll reserve judgement until the dons come up against a legitimate heavy duty midfield …

In one post you’re grandstanding about the dons new number 1 ranked powerhouse midfield and in the next you’re furiously backpedaling over the chances in this weekends game against Port.
You’ve beaten the 17th placed hawks and fell over the line against the saints.
Good on you for having a go mate, but i reckon I’ll reserve judgement until the dons come up against a legitimate heavy duty midfield …
I’m glad you’re now conceding, backpedaling on your longtime rant about ‘big bodied midfielder’ issue on any future rebirth. At least you’re conceding. Thats a good start.

As I said, 2024 will be lumpy, similar to last year. Unlikely to make finals imo. I expect the move up the ladder and a finals birth next year. I’ve said that for a while and I expect it will transpire.

I’m glad you’re now conceding, backpedaling on your longtime rant about ‘big bodied midfielder’ issue on any future rebirth. At least you’re conceding. Thats a good start.

As I said, 2024 will be lumpy, similar to last year. Unlikely to make finals imo. I expect the move up the ladder and a finals birth next year. I’ve said that for a while and I expect it will transpire.

dave, if it makes things any clearer for you, i continue to view the dons midfield in the same light that i and mostly everyone else has for 20 years !!
Well, everyone except Adrian … and now yourself.
The clubs record of performance is there for all to see …

dave, if it makes things any clearer for you, i continue to view the dons midfield in the same light that i and mostly everyone else has for 20 years !!
Well, everyone except Adrian … and now yourself.
The clubs record of performance is there for all to see …
Well, you’re not up with the current team performance then. I’d suggest you watch them play and get your head around what they’re doing. You’re stuck in the past it appears.

We smashed the hawks around the ball but our transition defence was horrendous.

We allowed 19 marks inside 50. The best team in the comp averages 18
Correct. The midfield is our strength. Clearances and contests were a strength from halfway through last year tbh. A few posters around here don’t have a clue what’s actually transpiring at Essendon. As I said, 2024 won’t be the tear it plays finals. It’s a consolidation year. 2025 looks like the year it advances up the ladder (predicted on injury management success).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its blunt
Loop Rolling GIF by somenerv

Well, you’re not up with the current team performance then. I’d suggest you watch them play and get your head around what they’re doing. You’re stuck in the past it appears.

Hello dave,
Hows your night been mate.
For those of us that are a bit slow on the uptake and haven’t noticed the current team performance, do you think you could walk us through what’s changed from the last 20 years with this all new powerhouse midfield the dons have assembled?

Ben McKay is a star though now he gives a ****. Genuine gun defender.

But more nights like tonight and I do wonder when the head drops & the mind wanders again

Ben McKay is a star though now he gives a *. Genuine gun defender.

But more nights like tonight and I do wonder when the head drops & the mind wanders again
North Melbourne Afl GIF by NMFCOfficial

What does it say about the Bombers when their best player is a North reject?

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon vow enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back