Preview Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Sunday 27/08/17 @ 1:10 PM

Will Joe secure the Coleman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Darcy (their big ruckman) struck a Richmond player during the Freo Tigers game.

I said at the time, that he is a chance to go for it, though it was on the minor side. Eth disagreed, said he'd get off.

I wasn't so sure with the chook raffle of a MRP atm, and it would appear I was right, he's been offered a week.

ill also add, no fines given out to people tackling like Howlett did (think there was one in the Syd/Adelaide game where free was paid) no fine.

Sean Darcy (their big ruckman) struck a Richmond player during the Freo Tigers game.

I said at the time, that he is a chance to go for it, though it was on the minor side. Eth disagreed, said he'd get off.

I wasn't so sure with the chook raffle of a MRP atm, and it would appear I was right, he's been offered a week.

ill also add, no fines given out to people tackling like Howlett did (think there was one in the Syd/Adelaide game where free was paid) no fine.
I think Beery thought something had happened to Parish!

giphy.gif

Yes! I saw that too and thought I bet that's nothing. I actually didn't even think a free was paid was it?

Im pretty sure there was one where there was a free across the weekend, because I made a note that no way will that get a fine. Memory escapes me as to who it was and when

if you read the Freo board you could be forgiven for thinking the game is already over and they've lost by 15 goals. Incredible stank on their board.

It's an interesting one, for sure. You'd think they are better than what they've been the last two weeks, and surely they are. And they may be stinging after (another) whopping loss and come out breathing fire.

But it's hard to see it, frankly.

Who here hasn't had a holiday coming up, and spent the last week before flying out with the mental sombrero on. Doing the absolute minimum to get by whilst counting down the days? Just simple psychology, it's hard to see how amped the players can get, having to fly to Melbourne for the last game of a season where they've been absolutely brutalised the last fortnight and with nothing to gain bar a potential injury to set them back in their preseason.

I guess the counter-argument is that it's now officially a full rebuild and players are probably literally playing for their careers, so I imagine that's a fair motivator.

If Hill misses I reckon that's absolutely massive for us. And if Neale doesn't get up as expected (after what he did to us last time), and Bennell may well be "rested" apparently, then it's very hard to see where they are getting a spark from, Fyfe not withstanding.

Still, nothing will stop the nerves. If, like me, you were front row for the Brisbane game you may never be confident against a lower placed opponent again. And there's soooo much riding on it for Essendon. A long wait until Sunday and even when the siren blows if we have eked out any kind of win, nothing is certain until 3 hours later anyway.

Oh well, sure beats knowing for certain it's your last game like Hawthorne and feeling all "relaxed" about watching your team play

Well it's a very interesting week at the selection table.

Langford is clearly the most deserving of a spot in the side given the consistency of his performances either side of his being rested but it's probably too late now. There has been some upheaval of late and we need to settle on a combination for the finals because there is no point getting too far from what has worked now that finals are a reality. I'd be pleasantly surprised to see him play. From everything I've seen Mutch is behind Langford so I can't see him playing either.

Do not want for Colyer to get a reprieve but he's the best fit for the side. The Laverde of round 22 and Begley give us more than enough grunt at ground level in the forward line so the selection of Howlett would add almost nothing of value to the 22 as far as I am concerned.

I did not notice Bird playing as badly as some did. I'd probably just go back to Watson because he is Watson and because he can probably still do enough in 15 minutes to have a serious influence on a game.

Most likely changes:

Out: Green (inj), Bird
In: Colyer, Watson

I would not rule out but I do not want to see:

Out: Myers, Green
In: Watson, Colyer

It will depend on whether we want someone to play a run-with role in the middle and those jobs seem to go to Bird.

Will Griffin be their ruckman with Darcy out suspended?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm just thankful to be in this mix for once, looking at ladders and finals permutations... It's been too long.

Best part, if we make it there's a bye inbetween so we are a finals team for 2 weeks atleast, first time in 20 years?
half the reason I want to even make the finals is so that you get that extra week of BEING INVOLVED and having radio and newspapers talk about your team as being live instead of being on the mad monday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you read the Freo board you could be forgiven for thinking the game is already over and they've lost by 15 goals. Incredible stank on their board.

It's an interesting one, for sure. You'd think they are better than what they've been the last two weeks, and surely they are. And they may be stinging after (another) whopping loss and come out breathing fire.

But it's hard to see it, frankly.

Who here hasn't had a holiday coming up, and spent the last week before flying out with the mental sombrero on. Doing the absolute minimum to get by whilst counting down the days? Just simple psychology, it's hard to see how amped the players can get, having to fly to Melbourne for the last game of a season where they've been absolutely brutalised the last fortnight and with nothing to gain bar a potential injury to set them back in their preseason.

I guess the counter-argument is that it's now officially a full rebuild and players are probably literally playing for their careers, so I imagine that's a fair motivator.

If Hill misses I reckon that's absolutely massive for us. And if Neale doesn't get up as expected (after what he did to us last time), and Bennell may well be "rested" apparently, then it's very hard to see where they are getting a spark from, Fyfe not withstanding.

Still, nothing will stop the nerves. If, like me, you were front row for the Brisbane game you may never be confident against a lower placed opponent again. And there's soooo much riding on it for Essendon. A long wait until Sunday and even when the siren blows if we have eked out any kind of win, nothing is certain until 3 hours later anyway.

Oh well, sure beats knowing for certain it's your last game like Hawthorne and feeling all "relaxed" about watching your team play

Oh it is over. We hit our KPI of 8 wins a few weeks ago and have shut up shop for the season.

Please ensure that you get sufficient percentage to at least give us the consolation prize of the weagles not making finals :)

Oh it is over. We hit our KPI of 8 wins a few weeks ago and have shut up shop for the season.

Please ensure that you get sufficient percentage to at least give us the consolation prize of the weagles not making finals :)
Wonder if this level of cussardness would result in the dockers bending over willingly to thumb it at the eagles. Nice thought huh?

Well it's a very interesting week at the selection table.

Langford is clearly the most deserving of a spot in the side given the consistency of his performances either side of his being rested but it's probably too late now. There has been some upheaval of late and we need to settle on a combination for the finals because there is no point getting too far from what has worked now that finals are a reality. I'd be pleasantly surprised to see him play. From everything I've seen Mutch is behind Langford so I can't see him playing either.

Do not want for Colyer to get a reprieve but he's the best fit for the side. The Laverde of round 22 and Begley give us more than enough grunt at ground level in the forward line so the selection of Howlett would add almost nothing of value to the 22 as far as I am concerned.

I did not notice Bird playing as badly as some did. I'd probably just go back to Watson because he is Watson and because he can probably still do enough in 15 minutes to have a serious influence on a game.

Most likely changes:

Out: Green (inj), Bird
In: Colyer, Watson

I would not rule out but I do not want to see:

Out: Myers, Green
In: Watson, Colyer

It will depend on whether we want someone to play a run-with role in the middle and those jobs seem to go to Bird.
Please don't drop Bird!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back