Preview Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Sunday 27/08/17 @ 1:10 PM

Will Joe secure the Coleman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's hope McGrath scoops the RS on the Friday before the finals start eh

it was a good omen last time it happe-OH DEAR JESUS WHY DID I REMIND MYSELF OF THIS

What's frustrating is that we blew the opportunity to create a trilogy of RS winners knocking Carlton out immediately afterwards

Theoretically West Coast should lose to Adelaide and their percentage will drop anyway. They need to win by about 5 or 6 goals more than whatever we can manage against Freo I think, assuming we beat Freo *superstitious*. If they win by a small margin or lose then they don't get in anyway.

I seriously don't see the angst. We have way too much to play for to come in complacent.

Brisbane and Carlton have been very competitive this year. They were always going to be a worry for us. Fremantle on the otherhand are sliding. Reminds me of us in our second half of the season slides the past decade. Lesser teams would smash us, let alone finals teams. It would take a complete disaster to miss out on finals from here.

A win is a win, I hope we win a standard fashion like the last few, we a due for a dominating game and I want it to be first week of finals against PA again.

Watson comes in this week for mine. I'd rather see him be miles off and get a well-deserved send off in Melbourne then carry him into an away game in September. If he digs in and is better for the rest, he runs out behind Dys at (most likely) the Adelaide oval. Prefer Hurley to rest, Taberner is the only Freo forward who I would consider dangerous, Ambrose and Hartley will be fine. Colyer in for Green, Watson for Bird and anyone over 6 foot with a 5" vertical for Bellcho will do against this lot. I want to see how much these fringe guys want to play in a cutthroat interstate elimination final by the effort they put in. Anyone know any Lord of Light red priestess rituals to make sure Raz will be there EF week? Then we can bring back Hurley, a refreshed Bellcho, Bird if Watson disappoints and the true king of Westeros, Raz Snow

I want to boof Watson as much as the next man, but he's done.

He has no place in this team based on performance, and we have zero room for sentiment given our rare chance at a finals berth.

Will be pissed off if he's included, Bird has earned his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got back from holidays to find us just needing to beat Freo at Etihad to make the 8.

It's a quasi-final, but easily winnable, which is great for our young developing list. If they win, it will give them the belief for the first round of real finals.

The more finals-like experience we get this year, the better. With the top 8 teams being hardly convincing, is there a chance we could play Melbourne-only teams until a Prelim against the cats at the MCG? Doubt we'd win the next one, but out of the top 4 teams, I wouldn't mind coming up against the cats in Melbourne this season.

I want to boof Watson as much as the next man, but he's done.

He has no place in this team based on performance, and we have zero room for sentiment given our rare chance at a finals berth.

Will be pissed off if he's included, Bird has earned his spot.

I understand your perspective, but the margin increase in potential output from the likes of Bird, isnt enough to turn our back on a deadset champion of our football club. I really dont think Bird v Watson will make or break our finals chances, and tend to think that the Watson effect may boost the boys on game day.

I feel we are incapable of putting poor teams to the sword who set up to frustrate us.
Would be great to get it done against Freo but in typical Essendon fashion, I fully expect to be on the edge of my seat for the entire game stressing..

I seriously don't see the angst. We have way too much to play for to come in complacent.

Brisbane and Carlton have been very competitive this year. They were always going to be a worry for us. Fremantle on the otherhand are sliding. Reminds me of us in our second half of the season slides the past decade. Lesser teams would smash us, let alone finals teams. It would take a complete disaster to miss out on finals from here.

we have had much to play for near on 8 weeks.

plenty of games essendon has not shown up. Lets hope they do for this one!

agree Hartley looks the best matchup for McCarthy. Ambrose can go to Taberner and Hurley can take the next biggest forward and dominate.

would be good to have hurley playing off some 3rd string spud so he can clunk intercept marks all day.

farewell games are only a thing if and only if the player in question would get a game based on form in the event that it wasn't their farewell game. Anything other than this is a perversion of the entire mission statement of a club. Sentimentality is nice but it's a luxury we can't afford given we haven't won a final in 15 years

100% agree. farewell games can EAD.

that is included for Jobe if he's not up for it.

I want finals footy and I want it now.

Fremantle are an utter shambles at the moment.

Should be a nice tune up before finals.

we have a very bad habit of totally ****ing it up against teams who are shambles!

It looks certain that Jobe will take his place in the side this weekend.

Hopefully we can put aside our thoughts on his selection and celebrate a champion of the football club.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-08-22/jobe-faces-final-home-game-

“There is a little bit of sadness attached – it will be the last home game that I’ll play in front of the Essendon supporters,” Watson said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back